TopGear

Jetpilot

The Pug section of the show bored me, I just feel that it went on a little too long with the same joke over and over again.

The Hypercar thing is annoying me! I was convinced last night was the night we'd finally see the 3 on track, but then toys and dummies got chucked out of various diamond encrusted prams because they are afraid they don't have the fastest car around a particular track.

If I remember correctly, there have been a few occasions when the tech teams have been at the track and set up the cars before fast laps, so why not do that? Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche's geek squad bring a car, set it up and give the keys the the Stig, job jobbed!

True. And I'd just accept it if any/all of them said "we're not giving you one of ours to play with", but to go as far as to ban customers from doing what they want with their property is what rubs me up the wrong way (oo-er).

That and I really want to see them go head to head. :lol:

Trouble is, none of them have anything to gain by allowing the cars to go head to head, and everything to lose. :(

I disagree, I don't think they have anything to lose. IMO the Ferrari is the best looking and whether is wins (or loses) by an inch or a mile, I don't care, I'd still have it. The difference between any of these cars is going to be minimal and even whoever does win, will be beaten by something else in the near future.

IMO they're being giant cowards and need to get a grip of themselves as competition is what drives this industry to go further and design/produce better and better cars.

In the world of the million dollar hypercar, prestige is everything. To openly have a car that is slower than your two rivals is like turning up to a posh ballroom wearing a toga. You'll never live it down, and you'll always be known as the slow one. Given how poorly both McLaren and Ferrari have been in F1 of late, they really don't want that to stick with their road cars too. The buyers of these cars can be fairly fickle, and will often go to where the top trump is (how else do you think Koeniggsegg stay in business?!).

I think it's a huge shame for motoring that this will never happen, but in these days where the manufacturers are brands first and car makers second (looking straight at you, Marchionne), you can understand their POV.

• Like 1

Lots of stuff I agree with, and then...

I think it's a huge shame for motoring that this will never happen.

I'll bet my left ******* that it'll happen one day. Might have to wait another 20/30 years (or more) for it though. :p

I am with you, i think this will happen and soon, officially or "unofficially" :)

Absoloutely raging at this (as if it actually mattered lol) that two of them will not 'let' their cars be timed. What nonesence, GET ON WITH IT FERRARI AND MCLAREN lol. Personally I do want the McLaren to win, but have a fear the ferrari might. Good on Porsche not bothering about the timing though. Was so looking forward to those times last night too! :dry:

i missed it - again! which ferrari was on ?

The Ferrari The Ferrari :)

Really enjoyed lastnights topgear, and apparently Mclaren have tweeted saying they were up for the race but Topgear cancelled on them, so dont know whats going on there :shrug:

Personally i would imagine Porsche arent that bothered, with all the best will in the world, they know the other 2 are probably faster and as someone else mentions, they will have already have had their marketing department work out the loosing spiel, i.e its all electric and we are not competing anyway etc etc

I guess this all goes back to the ring lap times, Maclaren wont officially release their lap time until Ferrari releases theirs!

My dicks bigger than yours, blah blah.

If i could afford any of three i know where i would spend my money regardless of what lap times they can throw down, they are all sold anyway, what difference does it make now?

Raptor wont fit on most UK roads, but the LFA is awesome!!!

raptors do fit on uk roads there a few out in the fens ive seen

its no wider than a 7.5 tone lorry and they get everywhere

Edited by StevoD