The Cancer of Isis

Harryjax

You cant even begin to imagine what its like............ :surrender:

By all accounts a big % of the jihadists that go over from here & Europe to "fight" come back straight to counselling because they cant cope with what they actually see, we have no idea what really goes on although we like to think we do :wacko:

Seems like some action might be starting, France calling for country leaders to meet to see how to address the issue, Austrailia carrying out anti terrorist arrests on Muslims looking to behead a RANDOM individual on video drapped in an IS flag.

Yet still what staggers me, the Muslim community in Oz defending the ones arrested, doing themselves or their legitimate faith no favours imho, why dont they understand, its nothing to do with being Muslim, its to do with wanting to cut someones head off!

Edited by Jetpilot

BAGHDAD — The United States has conducted an escalating campaign of deadly airstrikes against the extremists of the Islamic State for more than a month. But that appears to have done little to tamp down the conspiracy theories still circulating from the streets of Baghdad to the highest levels of Iraqi government that the C.I.A. is secretly behind the same extremists that it is now attacking.

“We know about who made Daesh,†said Bahaa al-Araji, a deputy prime minister, using an Arabic shorthand for the Islamic State on Saturday at a demonstration called by the Shiite cleric Moktada al-Sadr to warn against the possible deployment of American ground troops. Mr. Sadr publicly blamed the C.I.A. for creating the Islamic State in a speech last week, and interviews suggested that most of the few thousand people at the demonstration, including dozens of members of Parliament, subscribed to the same theory. (Mr. Sadr is considered close to Iran, and the theory is popular there as well.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/21/world/middleeast/suspicions-run-deep-in-iraq-that-cia-and-the-islamic-state-are-united.html

Edited by octet

“They’ve taken great advantage of modern communications and modern financial techniques†to promote themselves, recruit followers and amass money and weapons, said Mark Wallace, a former Bush administration diplomat and lawyer heading the new organisation. “There’s been an absence of people operating to counter that.â€

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/where-does-isis-get-its-money-from-us-steps-up-the-battle-to-find-out-9747563.html

The cancer humanity breeds stems from greed, patriarchal power and money. Whether you are in a western country or not corruption is rife. It's bad enough people believe in religion let alone a bunch of way out there mental retards cutting heads off. Our existence on this rock is limited and yet rather than save ourselves we antagonise our own fate. Pathetic.

• Like 2

Sad times, and dangerous ones at that

Just my opinion but the world is going through it's most dangerous phase since since The Cuban Missile crises in 1962. I was 13 at the time and was absolutely terrified as war seemed inevitable. What we have here is a belligerent Russia testing out just where the red line is, a dynasty of rulers in a nuclear armed North Korea that are completely out of touch with reality and that's just for starters. The list of conflicts and potentially dangerous conflicts is probably higher right now than at any time in my lifetime. IS are without doubt the most brutal and sadistic bunch of thugs since The Nazis and at some stage or other they will have to be dealt with, leaving them to run amok isn't an option and right now I don't see any alternative to boots on the ground if we are to eradicate this cancer.

Pete.

Boots on the ground? What you want to ask yourself is, would you be so keen on this if it was your boots? Or your sons/daughters, dads or mums?

Probably not, at the minute ( well not now I'm on R&R), I am a pair of those boots on the ground, not as bad as 2006-12, but not a happy place to be, my family is worried sick, when I go back, I've limited comms back home and, while I've every confidence in my commanders and troops round about me, I know that every step I take is dangerous.

These fanatics are not daft, they've learnt from other campaigns on how to defeat 'boots on the ground' as well as destroy politically any strong message we care to put out there. We have no choice but to utterly crush fanatics such as these. That will take more than the will to put boots on the ground.

• Like 1

Damascus said Washington informed Syria's United Nations envoy before the attacks began.

The strikes in a country whose three-year civil war has given the brutal militant group a safe haven were part of the expanded military campaign President Barack Obama authorised nearly two weeks ago in order to disrupt and destroy the Islamic State (also known as Isis) militants.

The group has slaughtered thousands of people, beheaded Westerners and captured a large swathe of territory stretching from within Syria to land across northern and western Iraq.

US officials said the air strikes began at about 1.30am British time, and were conducted by America, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates.

The first wave of strikes finished about 90 minutes later, but the operation was expected to continue for several more hours, according to a US official.

Rear Admiral John Kirby, the Pentagon's press secretary, said the decision to strike was made yesterday by the military. A White House official said Mr Obama was being updated.

The strikes were carried out by manned air force and navy aircraft and the Tomahawk missiles were launched from US ships in the northern Persian Gulf and the Red Sea. The aircraft carrier USS George HW Bush is in the Gulf.

Some of the air strikes were against Isis targets in its self-declared capital Raqqa. Military officials have said the US would target militants' command and control centres, re-supply facilities, training camps and other key logistical sites.

Syrian activists reported several strikes on militant targets in Raqqa. One Raqqa-based activist said they lit the night sky over the city, and there was a power cut that lasted two hours.

An anti-militant media collective called “Raqqa is being silently slaughtered†said among the targets were Islamic State buildings used as the group's headquarters, and Brigade 93, a Syrian army base that the militants recently seized. Other air strikes targeted the town of Tabqa and Tel Abyad in Raqqa province, it said. Their claims could not be independently verified.

In Syria's first official reaction to the attacks today, state media carried a brief statement from the foreign ministry saying that “the American side informed Syria's permanent envoy to the UN that strikes will be launched against the Daesh (an Arabic name for IS) organisation in Raqqaâ€.

Last week General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, told senators: “We will be prepared to strike Isil (one of the acronyms for IS) targets in Syria that degrade Isil's capabilities.

“This won't look like a shock-and-awe campaign, because that's simply not how Isil is organised, but it will be a persistent and sustainable campaign.

US defence secretary Chuck Hagel said that the plan “includes targeted actions against Isil safe havens in Syria, including its command and control logistics capabilities and infrastructureâ€. He said he and Gen Dempsey approved the plan.

The US has also been increasing its surveillance flights over Syria, getting better intelligence on potential targets and militant movements.

Military leaders have said about two-thirds of the estimated 31,000 Islamic State militants were in Syria.

In a speech on 10 September, Mr Obama vowed to go after IS militants wherever they might be. And his military and defence leaders told Congress last week that air strikes within Syria were meant to disrupt the group's momentum and provide time for the US and allies to train and equip moderate Syrian rebels.

The US military has been launching targeted air strikes in Iraq since August, focusing specifically on attacks to protect American interests and staff, assist Iraqi refugees and secure critical infrastructure. Last week, as part of the newly-expanded campaign, the US began going after militant targets across Iraq, including enemy fighters, outposts, equipment and weapons.

So far US fighter aircraft, bombers and drones have launched about 190 air strikes within Iraq.

Urged on by the White House and US defence and military officials, Congress passed legislation late last week authorising the military to arm and train moderate Syrian rebels. Mr Obama signed the bill into law on Friday, providing 500 million dollars (£307m) for the US to train about 5,000 rebels over the next year.

US leaders have also been criss-crossing the globe trying to build a broad international coalition of nations, including Arab countries, to go after the IS group and help train and equip the Iraqi security forces and the Syrian rebels.

The militant group, meanwhile, has threatened retribution. Its spokesman, Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, said in a 42-minute audio statement released on Sunday that the fighters were ready to battle the US-led military coalition and called for attacks at home and abroad.

The head of the main Western-backed Syrian opposition group, Hadi Bahra, welcomed the commencement of the air strikes.

"The international community has joined our fight against Isis in Syria," he said.

"We have called for air strikes such as those with a heavy heart and deep concern, as these strikes begin in our own homeland. We insist that utmost care is taken to avoid civilian casualties."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/us-launches-air-strikes-against-isis-in-syria-9749839.html

Boots on the ground? What you want to ask yourself is, would you be so keen on this if it was your boots? Or your sons/daughters, dads or mums?

Nope, not keen myself but these are the options/risks that anyone considering joining the armed forces has to weigh up. My dad didn't get that choice.

Pete

Well, it was one of those things that sent my bullsh*t alarm ringing loudly, so I had a quick google and couldn't find anything remotely related to that at all. Hence the lol smiley as it sounds like one of those awful made up bits of propaganda you see on FB and the like. :)

Well, it was one of those things that sent my bullsh*t alarm ringing loudly, so I had a quick google and couldn't find anything remotely related to that at all. Hence the lol smiley as it sounds like one of those awful made up bits of propaganda you see on FB and the like. :)

Might be a different dude, just they were talking about the leader of isis and some of the atrocities he has carried out and other such things as the above and wondered if this was one and the same mentioned guy!

Edited by Jetpilot

Precision bombing, boots on the ground neither are a brilliant option... Need to inflict massive casualties so carpet bombing round the clock with B52 and Stealth bomber would be my choice..

Throw in the odd Daisy cutter too

Edited by Martinjj
  • Like 2