The Cancer of Isis

Harryjax

RIP if it's true,

But I feel like these beheading are a fake publicity stunt. just find it odd, that if I was to know I'm about to die, I wouldn't just sit there...

Albert Pierrepoint (The last UK Hangman) wrote in his memoirs that the majority of people about to be hanged became very subdued.

Even trance like and very subservient as if adopting this behavior would win them a last min reprieve, or wake them from a long nasty dream!

RIP if it's true,

But I feel like these beheading are a fake publicity stunt. just find it odd, that if I was to know I'm about to die, I wouldn't just sit there...

Albert Pierrepoint (The last UK Hangman) wrote in his memoirs that the majority of people about to be hanged became very subdued.

Even trance like and very subservient as if adopting this behavior would win them a last min reprieve, or wake them from a long nasty dream!

We also have no idea if they are not sedated in some way.

RIP if it's true,

We also have no idea if they are not sedated in some way.

There was no mention of it in his book or the film "Let Him Have It"!

There must be some way of checking?

But hey, lets chuck a couple of planes into the twin towers or set of a load of bombs on Londons public transport with commuters on or at night clubs in Bali, there is no mistake those people were INNOCENT and deliberately targeted, hell they were even 1000's of miles from the battleground and more so, if they werent such cowardly scum they wouldnt be using human shields anyway!

yes but how many innocent civillians have we killed over the years in the middle east? What have we gained from it?

The only reason we interfere over there is for financial gain anyway, it's no wonder they hate us. It's scary how rife properganda is in todays age and how people still lap it up.

I still think ISIS need stopped but you have to consider why they exist in the first place.

Edited by nowhereboy

But hey, lets chuck a couple of planes into the twin towers or set of a load of bombs on Londons public transport with commuters on or at night clubs in Bali, there is no mistake those people were INNOCENT and deliberately targeted, hell they were even 1000's of miles from the battleground and more so, if they werent such cowardly scum they wouldnt be using human shields anyway!

yes but how many innocent civillians have we killed over the years in the middle east? What have we gained from it?

The only reason we interfere over there is for financial gain anyway, it's no wonder they hate us. It's scary how rife properganda is in todays age and how people still lap it up.

I still think ISIS need stopped but you have to consider why they exist in the first place.

No armed forces have started out with the sole intention of killing innocent civilians, unlike the above atrocities.

I agree, in some cases financial or economic gain is the hidden agenda, most likely (i.e Iraq), but, what possible financial gain do we have from invading Afghanistan?

Same if we were to move into Syria.

Isis doesnt exist because of the West, they are killing their own ffs!

Extremists will hate the West regardless of whether we're interfering over there or not. That's the problem with extremists.

I particularly like the ones who hate us so much they move or live here, pop off for a little extremism adventure and then come home to their nice warm comfy houses and all the other wonderful things a civilised western society brings, not least of all, freedom of speech which they also seem to enjoy so much ;)

• Like 4

I imagine it will be a one sided view rather than an objective one. If you debate tit for tat back through history there is too much there to even come to a conclusion. Everyone is to blame!

I liked the quote from the video I posted "Islam is not a peaceful religion, neither is it violent, the individual is either peaceful or violent and they can follow whatever religion they want" - same can be said of any religion really. Violent people use religion as a tool to control those who have lost their purpose in life as far as I can see, whether its Islam or Christianity.

• Like 1

I manage a guy from UAE goes off to pray every day at work - he believes in the way of life and following the rules it lays out, he prays to his imaginary friend but he doesn't believe that everything is out of his control and that he has no say in his life and that everything happens because a god says so. Following a religion is not just about following the god, but lots of other elements of it, from what I can observe. I could be wrong.

Do we not have people on here who can comment in an informed way (given that I am not religious!)

One day, I hope that religion will be viewed with the same disgust we currently have for racism. It would save an awful lot of problems, all this fighting over who's got the best pretend friend.

Oh if only....

It kind of reminds me of a serious comment Frank Carson made about the then sectarian divide in NI, he said even if you were an atheist to others you would be either a protestant atheist or a catholic atheist.

Edited by Martinjj

One day, I hope that religion will be viewed with the same disgust we currently have for racism. It would save an awful lot of problems, all this fighting over who's got the best pretend friend.

Oh if only....

It kind of reminds me of a serious comment Frank Carson made about the then sectarian divide in NI, he said even if you were an atheist to others you would be either a protestant atheist or a catholic atheist.

Although we very rarely see the stats of how religion turned people who may otherwise have been violent or similar into people with a desire to do good - I guess it doesn't really make the news. Its always associating religion with violence?

To confirm, I do not like religion, just playing devils advocate (ironically!)