15 minute ago in my garden

JetSet

That's cool Pete ~ not a common sight for most people. B);)

Very true, most people will go through their entire lives without seeing a live one. They started coming into our garden about 18 months ago but until last week I'd never seen more than one at a time. Despite living in a rural area with plenty of badgers about I've only ever seen 2 before last year and they have been in the early hours of the morning . They don't make much noise and don't worry the cats who go right up to them.

Pete

That's cool Pete ~ not a common sight for most people. B);)

Very true, most people will go through their entire lives without seeing a live one. They started coming into our garden about 18 months ago but until last week I'd never seen more than one at a time. Despite living in a rural area with plenty of badgers about I've only ever seen 2 before last year and they have been in the early hours of the morning . They don't make much noise and don't worry the cats who go right up to them.

Pete

Seen a Badger Sett before on my cousins farm in Lincolnshire years ago but never actually saw the Badgers.

Actually never seen one in real life (only on the TV) so it's great for you that they're in your own back yard. :thumbs:

Great snap.

Only seen one the once in the wild, just me and the badger and dark lane. Don't let the cool outfits fool you, they're pretty hard in the indigenous UK mammal stakes. I stared it down, no big deal :lol:

• Like 1

Haha, coincidentally I just nearly ran over a vixen on my bike on the way home from the pub after the footie :lol: Mind you I was on the pavement (not safe to cycle on the road after a few beers - it IS the A50 :) ). See loads of foxes round here (animal variety I'm talking ;) ) but rarely badgers these days.

Are you putting food down for them or are they searching for their favourite.....earthworms!

They are under the bird feeders. ;)

Yes, they hoover up all the stuff that the birds drop. On top of that we put out just about every bit of food waste that we can, stale bread, food that the cats have left and remnants of our meals. Of course, the crows, magpies, jays and jackdaws will scoff some of it too and almost certainly foxes as well. Putting food out can attract vermin but I wouldn't expect anything from the size of a rabbit downwards to last too long with all the cats about :lol:

We believe that these badgers are from a sett that is relatively new and I've got a rough idea of where it could be. There is an established and well documented sett about 600 yards away but this is on the other side of The A55 and it's suicide for badgers to cross it.

Pete

We have semi urban badgers aswell as foxes now.

They're massive. Like a medium sized dog with no legs. Weird site running along a street.

Walking the dog late at night I was convinced a neighbours house was being burgled by the noise in the dark when this damp great thing came scurrying out frightening the death out of me and a 10 stone Rotty!