Shocked at peoples reactions

Dean_1983

Only owned my car for just under a month and I of course love her , but I'm shocked at the reaction the car gets

Most days I get people giving nods , thumbs up and asking questions about it , had 2 offers to buy and a couple of old boys chat away to me about cars when filling at the petrol station 😳

My cars a standard blade silver one !! Some of the cars on this forum are stunning I'm more desirable colours , do you get the same reaction from people in your area ?

I'm maybe thinking guys because there isn't many around and that's causing people to react

Just find It funny a 6k ,10 year old car can cause that kind if reaction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I always get people skewing their necks to have a 2nd or 3rd look and quite a bit of pointing and nudging from younger people. Have had a few chats at petrol stations with guys about the car and car guys in work often ask about it.

It's an awesome machine for the money and so many people don't realise it's 10 years old and cheaper than a Kia Picanto ATM.

Had similar reactions around here as well while at supermarkets/petrol stations. Even though i see more around my area these days they still stand out compared to the usual stuff you see. Enjoy it :)

Thing is, remember when you first saw a Zed on the road, that long lasting stare as it drove by. That's why people love the Zed, its a sexy car.

Women and men love the Zed.

I've just been on a drive and could probably say 10 cars all gawped, and about 20 people stop what they're doing to look and point. Some with mouths open!

Its funny though as you say a car that is 10 years old that still gets the looks. I mean its cars like the E-Type for instance that you'll stop and stare as you've not seen one in years and they still look great.

Just be proud you own a car that has the looks of a super car and the appreciation without people being jealous about the Zed.

Win win I say!

Its funny I didn't think I'd be owning my Zed for 5 years. Loved every 70,000 miles so far.

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 2

Like quite a few other members, my Zed seems to cause quite a stir, I've had quite a few positive reactions, especially on the motorway where I seem to get quite a few toots on the horn of other cars followed by a wave. I also got into a conversation with an older guy who had one of the original 240Z's when they were new in the country. This was my favourite car when I was a kid and one of the few cars that when I was older I swore I would own. Unfortunately they got fatter and heavier as the newer models came out, the 280 being the worst of the lot. When the 350Z I knew I had to get one. I've never looked back.

• Like 1

I think they look different from the normal Audi/BMW rep cars so they stand out. Every other car is a box so again they stand out. Plus the styling makes them look different from a Porsche but still have that cool sports car image so people then become curious about they are. It's all good, they are awesome looking cars as well being very different to your average car.

My habit of parking in the furthest possible corner of supermarket car parks has severely restricted positive comments (and the fact that it's Silver) . Sure, I've had plenty of good comments over the years, usually from workmen who come to the house and I've seen passengers in overtaking cars rubber necking at me :). Caroline gets a lot more attention in her roadster as you would expect really :lol: .

Pete

you get that from a grey Z...just think how it feels in my green apple candy Z :D.... they all look like kids in the candy shop lol B)

overall usually most Zeds will draw attention as you don't see that many around and they look Z-uper :)

• Like 1

Yes - I have had a few fairly positive comments over the last 3 years or so. We will see when it comes to the XK8?

You will get plenty of old chaps raising their caps and pipes to you Neil don't worry ;)

:lol: Perhaps they will rub their Zimmer frames together if you get my drift.

I haven't had many reactions since iv had mine ( about 3 months) been to a few local meets and no one seems interested, they seem more interested in VAG's and VXR corsa's than anything else. Had a few people turn their heads when the throttles open but other than that I haven't had much interest other than guys that know their cars and know me.....maybe because I'm 22 they think I'm a d**k haha

I have had a few reactions both the jealous type and wow nice car type. There was a blonde shouting at her boyfriend saying why don't you get one of those (imagine she was high maintenance).

I did see a guy in a black coupe who didn't say anything, don't think he was too bothered what he was driving. It is nice that the gtr owners seem to give you a cheeky wave and a flash of the headlights.

I've had some nice comments from people which is always welcome and some admiring glances as I'm driving. :D

In fact got a thumbs up today from a guy driving a rather nice modded 2003 Audi S3.

Prefer the attention from the ladies though, ...although my Mrs doesn't like that. :nono::lol:

• Like 1

While I was out polishing my zed today a chap nearly crashed as he turned the corner while he was gazing at my beauty.....I had to smile smugly to myself as the car he nearly hit was not very pleased as he swerved with his hand firmly on the horn ..... :lol:

• Like 1

Ladies do seem to like it.

I recently got chatting to a lady who tried to talk her Mr out of his stunning Caymen and into my 350. I was half tempted to suggest a swap, but she was too tall...

;)