My 2011 Camaro RS

Jay

Hey guys and girls, decided to put up a little post about my new car as we are all petrol heads really. I know it wont be to everyones taste but I love it :p

As some of you know I had a modded JDM 350z ( Matt Orange) for 4 years and a 2010 370z ( Pearl White) for two. Had an amazing time with them both, but have always wanted an american car...... so decided to scratch the itch.

Now I can here you all saying it already why did you get the V6. Its simple..... I couldnt afford to run it. Honestly until you have test driven the V6 camaro...... dont knock as it is now slouch. I decided on the RS version as it has all the toys, such as Heads Up display, full leather interior, 20 Inch alloys, halos, cruise control etc etc. The camaro is actually a very nice place to sit and enjoy the ride. Yes........ it has plastic in the inside its american hey ho...... not as much as the 350 tho :lol: . But the driving position is very comfy, the steering wheel is a perfect size for me but also all the gauges have been strategically placed so you never have to strain your neck or take your eyes off the road for long. Its feels rather retro with the gauges in the inside but yet has that modern twist which I was after. I am just getting used to driving the LHD Manual gear box... its taken me about 2 weeks to be perfectly comfortable and get good lane positioning. At night the interior lights up blue along the dash and door cards which reminded me on tron lol (bonus).

Ok so the engine....... its beefy and is no slouch, yet it is very happy to cruise in 6th gear if thats what you feel like. I am getting 30mpg on a motorway run at about 70 odd mph and around town....19 ( I like blipping the throttle :blush: ) Does it handle like the 350z or 370z.......hell no but its not really supposed to lol. I keep saying to people this is not a sports car its a big cruiser that has a bit of power behind it. If you treat it like a 5 series or E class...... you will not be disappointed but ask it to perform like the zeds and you will be.

I have a cat back exhaust system fitted which really TrAnSfOrMs the sleeping giant into a beast that craves some redline action ;) . I will be looking at an Induction kit down the line....but for now it will do.

If anyone has any questions please fire away..... as I am not great at this car review stuff lol.

Here are a few pics of my freshly cleaned camaro. Before anyone says it ...... yes I know my rear cluster lights have condensation in them :lol: I will need to take them out and reseal them at some point.

image-50.jpg

image-51.jpg

image-52.jpg

image-53.jpg

image-54.jpg

image-46.jpg

th_trim6u8ceT.jpg

• Like 2

whats not to like...................oh, left hand drive.....................ah, well - you can't have everything :thumbs:

Don't know what your on about. Steering wheel is on the correct side of the car :lol:

only when you're on the WRONG side of the road :blush::boxing:

That sounds immense! Why do people keep bringing up the v8 :lol:

Looks mean mate. The spears look better than I thought they would. I would've gone with stripes tho cos they're made for American sports cars

Cheers guys! Irfan I didn't want to go down the stripes route.... Too main stream for me and for such an in your face car I wanted to add a little bit of subtle styling lol. You have to come a spin in it!

Been so hectic past month but il give you a shout at the weekend

I know what you mean and they do look good. But if it was me I would do stripes- cos there's a good chance I wouldn't have another American car :lol:

Any plans for the back? I'd go with red lights with blacked out surrounds to lose the chrome