Zed keyed :(

Bobbyheinz

So....I recently moved in to a new flat and was given a lovely welcome....my passenger side door, front and rear panel keyed.

The door scratch is a star shape, the front panel a wonderful squiggle and the rear a small line.

Needless to say I'm gutted but just weighing up my options on what's best to do.

I'm still strongly considering selling the car to get a 370...and while the marks are fairly light, I'm sure it would put a lot of potential buyers off. Does anyone know how much it would roughly cost to respray the drivers door and front (as the rear is barely noticeable)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry to hear this, hate it when I hear things like this. Happened to my 370 last year, a scratch about 10 inches Long along the back wing over the wheel arch.

Regarding cost it all depends how good a job you want. I went to a recommended place nearby who I trust, they did a perfect job across 2 panels and no one can see the old mark, it's spot on, but you get what you pay for, in my case it was approx £350 but the damage sounds worse in your case :(

If you are thinking of trading it in a garage will barter you down on price if you don't fix it and it will definitely put potential buyers off given there are mint zeds out there, so I would get it done. If you are trading in id look to pay less and get an ok job done but if keeping I'd spend more.

• Like 1

I've had this done on a previous car by filthy jealous scumbags and I took it to a body shop and they managed to polish it out.

Might be worth taking it somewhere local to you and seeing what they think. :(

Just had some work done by a company in morecambe, took out a huge dent in rear end panel and respray cost 150 quid- real bargain, immacculate work. Got a quote to take out some door dings and touch up some panels and the guy said minor work (including keying) would only be 70 quid per panel. Not sure where your based at but for 3 panels @ 70 quid a panel, it would be cheaper than to claim...good ballpark figure though

sorry to hear Martin you had similar issue after lakeZ meet, seems to be a real problem with car vandalism around there- I had my dent done parked outside the pig in cartmel just over a year ago- rear passenger side when i was parked kerb to the passenger side- work that out?! still makes me angry

I recently suffered similar damage to my ST3, all three nearside pannels. I went to a couple of local bodyshops and was quoted the same price at both. It cost me £200 for all 3 pannels which I thought was good. As I don't use the car much and their storage space is limited I told them to phone me when they had a slot. I took it in on a Wed. lunchtime and got it back Friday lunch. Fabulous job I was well pleased. The garage I used was in Nottingham if that's any use to you.

As others said, get it to a body shop and they'll see if it can be polished out. If not, £100 a panel would be a nice price since their doing the whole side of the car. I've had both front quarters and nearside rear done for £100 each at different times.