Sometimes the day defines you....

Ricey

............Sometimes you define the day

After 12 months of bullshit from the new company we tupe'd over to they finally pushed the 'retard meter' one notch too far and tried to make me do things that morally are just wrong and unjust to the people affected.

So i quit

After 7 years I've quit my 40k a year job because I've got more integrity in my bollock hair than they have in their entire moronic operation.

I have no job, 2 mortgages and a fecking massive car loan and I still quit.

I did it because sometimes you just have to define the day, make a stand and roll the dice so you can look at yourself in the mirror and know that you've got a rod of ****ing steel running through you.

I'm someone who believe it or not is very humble ........but today Ive never been so proud of myself

• Like 8

Gutsy move, nice to see a principled stance in the face of the almighty dollar (albeit with no idea what that principle might be!) hope a new job finds you shortly. You rarely take a pay cut in a new job anyway. I felt a bit like that when I left the sub prime mortgage market to spend a year in South America. I'm a big believer in good work finding you, if you've got the right ethic.

Put people on disciplinaries and remove their bonus from them (which makes a massive difference to many) for breaking a process that isn't a process, even if it was a process the document doesn't tell them to do the thing they did wrong and even then the bonus scheme has no metric that should mean this affects it.

This isn't the only thing though, lots of other things......basically the companies I used to work for and the company I now work for agreed SLA's that are literally impossible because the new company are thick.......thick as a plank. So they fail them every month and lose thousands of £ in the process.

So the best way to address this is apparently to threaten everyone with disciplinaries to make them perform better.........a frigging child would know better than that.

I had to execute a diciplinary today with a target that we absolutely know it not achievable. The girl in question is terrified as she now knows the outcome is a forgone conclusion.

Gutsy move, nice to see a principled stance in the face of the almighty dollar (albeit with no idea what that principle might be!) hope a new job finds you shortly. You rarely take a pay cut in a new job anyway. I felt a bit like that when I left the sub prime mortgage market to spend a year in South America. I'm a big believer in good work finding you, if you've got the right ethic.

Well I'm leaving the sub prime mortgage market in 3 months or less now!

Don't know your personal circumstances Ricey, but the true test of those gonads is not looking yourself in the eye in a mirror, but looking your partner/spouse/children'parents, whoever your dependents are in the eye and still knowing it was the right decision.

Sometimes you have to eat sh1t, so that those dependents don't have to.

But fair play to you, now go sh1t on your bosses desk :teeth:

• Like 1

Well I'm leaving the sub prime mortgage market in 3 months or less now!

Sounds like the same @*!#, different year! You'll sleep better at night, it's no fun taking someone's bonus when wages are low and bonuses high. It's impossible to motivate people on shifting sands, I've been on both sides of that conversation. Good luck.

Nice one and good for you, something better will come along and you will look back and know you did the right thing.

It's good to make a stand and make the right decision. Too many carry on and don't like to rock the boat but resent what they are doing and so reinforce the culture. Hope something better comes around the cornerfor you soonish.

Lifes too short to spend your time at work hating what you do, its only a decision that got you there and another decision will take you somewhere better. You've just done the hard part

• Like 1

Don't know your personal circumstances Ricey, but the true test of those gonads is not looking yourself in the eye in a mirror, but looking your partner/spouse/children'parents, whoever your dependents are in the eye and still knowing it was the right decision.

Sometimes you have to eat sh1t, so that those dependents don't have to.

But fair play to you, now go sh1t on your bosses desk :teeth:

No partner

No kids

Only me an one old degu to take care of

No way I would do it if others were relying on me

Ricey, I say this in the most sincere and genuine respect you my friend are a legend.

Having the strength of character to look at a situation like the one you've described and basically say to yourself. "No....no, I'm not prepared to allow that to happen, I will not accept something which is morally and ethically wrong and goes against all that I believe in" is the sign of real inner strength and character. Good for you, I have huge respect for what you've done.

I have been in similar circumstances myself and nothing is more uplifting and soul rewarding than having the confidence to stand up for your and other peoples rights and say "Do you know what, you can find someone else to do that, because I won't"

11 / 10 for you my friend, with and attitude like that you will never go far wrong

• Like 2

Good luck. Not sure i can help in anyway as I'm IT but get your cv out there to the agencies.

I will look at our vacancy site tomorrow but not sure our place will have anything suitable other than making use of your managerial and decision making skills.

Oh and maybe you could offer your knowledge to any upcoming tribunals from your former colleagues?

Companies/management like that need a good kick where it hurts :(

• Like 1

Good luck mate, ballsy move, but life > work, and if you were in a bad place, it's good to cut out the cancer in your life. It sounds as though you were in a poisonous environment and good on you for doing the right thing.

I hope you're able to bounce back and find something suitable as soon as you can.

All the best.

• Like 2

Just seen this. I did something similar about 15 years ago under very stressful circumstances and with nothing to go to.

As things turned out it was the best thing I ever did because:

- I felt good about what I had done and why

- I won a subsequent legal case

- another opportunity arose a few weeks later which gave me the best 10 years of my working life

Well done and good luck.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...