American Muscle

Jay

Absolutely love it... but not in this country, sadly.

This would have to be my 3rd car that i only wheel out for shows and such, rather than a second car which the zed is currently for me.

However if i lived over the water then i'd have one of these, a mustang, a camaro and a viper in a second.

Jay we've discussed your next car at length.... Some you've suggested Iv laughed at, some Iv suggested you've laughed at..... But THIS was never mentioned!

I can't believe your asking! Remember I know where you live if you don't buy this now I will come over to slap you repeatedly with a fish

• Like 1

Can't help but agreeing with an earlier poster, not for this country mate. Will be almost undriveable in central Scotland. Would have to think twice if it was a daily :surrender:

For a V8 itch, it would have to be M3 (truly awesome) VXR8 with the exhaust valve thingy, or if you really want something different, a Maserati (then you can create and transport babies :lol: )

Your dosh buddy B)

I see a fair few over here. ..... And the ones I see generally look hideous. Horrid body kits, some weird rear thing going on :shrug: but that one is a stunner. Mmmm Side winder Zorsts B)

For 13k that's not too shabby a price, it will of course drink like a fish, you will keep forgetting and keep getting in the passenger side . . . And everyone will be looking :lol: It's not to bad in the RAM as I just slide over the bench seat :lol:

I think also you can get some 'upgrades' to assist in not going straight on at the first corner. :stir:

If it ticks your box then Do It !!

Hi

Buy it...very good price if its "right" with history/matching numbers. So many are a mix of donor engines/transmissions and interiors.

Should it be a mix of components then a reduced price would still be acceptable for the year/mileage.

Compared to a Z its as fast in a straight line ( dependant on engine model) not all C3's had the same engine, it WILL not go round corners or stop anywhere as well as a Z Maintenance will be easy but parts sourced from UK will be expensive , if you have friend in USA then parts are reasonable even with shipping and import duty. Worrking on them is OK if you have the skill of a basic mechanic.

I had 2 x C4 Corvettes over a 20 year period and did all work myself and never came across anything I could not handle and I was a plumber!!.MPG is about same around town but with a heavy right foot you will struggle around 15/16 mpg or 10mpg track days!

Driving is pleasure......t tops off and listen to a far better exhaust note than my 2005 Z (Fairlady)!!

Insurance should be far cheaper than a same value Z. Corvettes dont get stolen very often!

JohnUKVetteNut

If you're wanting a good C3 Jay, then buy one freshly imported.

EMC Performance are the guys to speak too. I nearly bought an immaculate 1989 airdam C3 from them a few months back. Then the wife decided we are moving house so that plan got thrown out.

Anyway, the cars he imports are immaculate. A good 80/81 C3 from him will be just shy of £11k.

Jay we've discussed your next car at length.... Some you've suggested Iv laughed at, some Iv suggested you've laughed at..... But THIS was never mentioned!

I can't believe your asking! Remember I know where you live if you don't buy this now I will come over to slap you repeatedly with a fish

Need to sell my 370z first mate, then if its still there.... I will buy it

Its a family friend who has it dan and I checked on a few sites last night and the price is about right. Yeh they hardly depreciate so thats what I was thinking, scratch the itch just now and then flog it on for something else in a year or so.

Its a garage so he buys cars and sells them on. He has a mustang shelby 13 plate and a dodge challanger in there.......... I nearly wet myself when I went into the garage, but yeh asking for a weekend or even a night in the car sounds like a good idea!

http://m.emcperformance.com/1981-airdam-new-stock.html

This is the one I was gonna buy. It's utterly spotless and has a history folder as thick SMD,s Ska vinyl collection.

I see the one you like has Hookers fitted. (Look like XS Power). The quality is rubbish if they are. And the bodywork is often bastardised to make them fit.

I'd get a custom system with electric cut outs fitted (like you heard on my VXR8).

• Like 1

Nice looking stinger....... I love the seal grey and black in the c3's tho. It does have hookers fitted, I am unsure of the make but i checked all of the bodwork and had it up on the ramps etc to see underneath and honestly you will not get a car in better nick than this. The paint is virtually flawless, one slight dent on the bonnet but we are talking tiny. I loved the sound of your r8 but IF i get the vette, I want it to be loud all the time :blush::lol: