My Z32 SWB

Lexx

I'm sat on the boat impatiently waiting for Thursday arrive.

After selling the VXR8 to fund house purchase and a wedding, oh and then the small cost of my wife deciding to give birth to twins, I have been without a project car of any sort for quite some time.

My wife got fed up with me moping around the house and spending hrs on Pistonheads classifieds (little does she realise I will likely still spend hrs on the classifieds).

Anyway, she decided that it was only fair that I got back in the driving seat so to speak.

So I have struck a deal on a car and have to go collect it from Darn Sarf on Thursday. This consists of a drive to Bradford to collect a flat bed car transporter, and then a drive to Cambridge, followed by a drive home with it on the back. Hopefully getting back in time to get it to my local MOT station. Where fingers crossed she will pass with flying colours and she'll be going to LakeZ!

Oh, yeah, pics....

IMG_5008_zps05f4fdd7.jpg

AdvertSide_zps56ddac7c.jpg

AdvertRear_zps0654f4dc.jpg

AdvertEngine_zps69b14892.jpg

AdvertInterior1_zpsad0357da.jpg

She's as rare a the Z32's come;

SWB

Slicktop

Manual

Non-turbo

I don't have the time at the moment to look after a TT model, which is why I went for the na model. I always thought the LWB models looked a but stretched, so settled on the SWB.

There's no mod plans at the moment. Although there is a vague possibility funds allowing in a few years that she may get an engine transplant. Probably for a V8 of some description or other.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

are you sure thats a non turbo lol, just the way they intake pipes disappear down into the engine bay as if on an intercooler

Deff a non turbo.

The TT engine has 2 sets of pipes :thumbs:

are you sure thats a non turbo lol, just the way they intake pipes disappear down into the engine bay as if on an intercooler

Deff a non turbo.

The TT engine has 2 sets of pipes :thumbs:

Lol looks sweet mate! Good looking engine!

Very nice, can't ever remember seeing a SWB but what a difference, much better looking car :)

Is it only a 2 seater compared with the 2+2?

Aye, the SWB is only a 2 seater, where as the LWB is a 2+2.

Quickest way to tell diff, is the fuel filler cap. On a SWB it's in front of the rear wheel arch. On a LWB it's behind it.

Very nice, can't ever remember seeing a SWB but what a difference, much better looking car :)

Is it only a 2 seater compared with the 2+2?

Aye, the SWB is only a 2 seater, where as the LWB is a 2+2.

Think that's why I liked it more, I was in the zed at the time and it's a proper predecessor to the 350 in SWB form