Avoiding speeding tickets

howardl

OK now I have my 350Z and I drive it only remotely quick on the Queens highway what does anyone recommend to avoid the inevitable speeding tickets and points---Road Angel? sat navs? radar detectors? I welcome any comment. Don't say keep to the limits i am desperatly trying to !!!

Don't speed or speed and take it like a man if you do.

Personally if I ever were to get pinged for speeding (I've been lucky not too over the years) I'd just take it on the chin and crack on.

It's really not hard to keep it too the limits.......the zed is very versatile at all speeds.

Don't say keep to the limits i am desperatly trying to !!!

Sticking to the limits is the only way really, around here there are just a handful of static cameras but it's the mobile ones that catch the majority and they can be anywhere these days.

Pete

Tbh, if there's a speed camera, it's there for a reason. Maybe you should check your speed if your doing excess in those areas?

On the other hand.

Speedflip (off road use only) flips down your rear number plate in split seconds.

I found using speed detection equipment annoying as it beeps for the other side of the road too..

OK now I have my 350Z and I drive it only remotely quick on the Queens highway what does anyone recommend to avoid the inevitable speeding tickets and points---Road Angel? sat navs? radar detectors? I welcome any comment. Don't say keep to the limits i am desperatly trying to !!!

I'm in quite a privilaged position with respects to speeding on public roads and i can tell you it's not the place to gert over zealous, far too many things going off.

I'm not going to lecture anyone on the subject because we all have done it at some point, me included. Yes the cars these days are so far advanced (ABS,Steering, Traction control) over past cars when the speed limits were originally set but it is a fact that speed is the main contributing factor in nearly all accidents and deaths on the road.

Drive sensibly and within the conditions of the roads at the time.

If you are still hell bent on driving quickly, your local road safety partnership generally post on the internet where they plan to put their mobile speed cameras for that day. It doesnt tell you what times it will be there the statics are painted bright yellow and you should be able to see them if your paying attention and the roads a covered with repeating speed limit signs so that said if you still manage to get caught then it's your own fault.

1. If you're only driving it remotely quickly then you'll have no problems sticking to the limits, will you?

2. Speeding tickets are not inevitable, they are all avoidable very easily.

3. If you are struggling to keep to the limits then you're possibly the worst driver I've ever come across.

I actually don't have too much of a problem with people who choose to speed, that's completely their decision and as long as they accept the consequences of their actions and (more importantly) don't endanger anyone else then each to their own. What I can't accept is that anyone finds it physically impossible to keep to the limits regardless of what car they drive. No-one on here owns a vehicle that does 0-30 in 0.1sec, so you have plenty of time to adjust your speed.

Hypothetically, where might you be having trouble keeping your speed down? 30 zones? 40? Motorways? If it's the former then you're pretty much a numpty, if the latter then just open your eyes and use common sense. If you're worried about being caught by static cameras then your observation is very poor, if it's by mobile units or trafpol then it's down to how lucky you feel and how much you're breaking the limit by.

Im paranoid about speeding and have been for years, with insurance costs going up all the time, the last thing I want is any points. I only "make progress" on roads I know well and are safe, and you have to be 110% alert at all times.

You were asking about speed camera gadgets. Personally I use an app called Waze on my phone, which is a sat nav. Has all the speed cameras and users can report any police / accidents / traffic / mobile cameras as they are driving about and it alerts other drivers instantly. It also does all the normal sat nav things like rerouting you if any traffic etc. etc. Another good app is trapster which does a similar kind of thing.

None of which help you if there's an unmarked trafpol behind you, though. If you're that worried about being caught speeding, then don't speed.

Not necessarily aimed directly at you, Rabbitstew :)

Edited by Ekona

Its perfectly practicle to have loads of fun with this beast within the speed limits of the roads if you just choose routes that offer a range of twists and turns to suit, which are usually off the beaten track.

There are roads around me where the limit is ( in my opinion) too much , but allow you to have loads of fun and stay legal.

As mentioned before, due care and attention as well as getting to know the roads help alot.... as well as a good understanding and experience with the car.

I am planning on going on the ride drive sessions in the new year once i get all my mods done, and then track days to get the most out of it. A lot of the thrill and the buzz for me is knowing what i have got under the pedal should i choose to use it in a given situation, not to try and put the foot down every where i go.....Anyone can put there foot down in a straight line.......not everyone can control a slide around bends....

This time of year (where i am anyway) is certainly not the conditions for fun....but i am inexperienced with this car...and admittedly have a lot of learning in it to do......Roll on the better weather....