What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tablet install to replace the oem satnav. Nexus 7 which is rooted and running cyanogenmod13 with automagic to handle auto on and off plus a couple of other tweaks. Just need to make a blanking panel now to replace the standard button panel86cb0713b38265ad91b2d4dacf37f747.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I replaced my heavy Nismo gear knob today for a stock OEM item. I've had it on since buying the car two years ago and never knew any different.

I was getting tired of awkward shifting as it was a tapered cylindrical shape.

The OEM knob has improved two things.

Firstly it's shorter and the ball shape makes gear changes easier and they feel more precise.

Secondly the annoying centre console rattle I had at about 3k revs has gone because it's lighter.

Over the weekend I replaced a broken headlight washer (got the replacement from Emperor Tuning - cheers) and then rubbed down the headlights with toothpaste again to remove some yellowing. This time I've tried sealing them with Plasti-Kote clear gloss. The finish is a little 'hazy' but it looks ok and should prevent yellowing. Will need to wait like a year to find out though :lol:

I did this super tricky mod this week....... I wouldn't even attempt it unless you've been fully trained as a race mechanic......

IMG_20170506_104821_zpsjxvwbwwf.jpg

Get some copper slip on the threads asap before it seizes on!

• Like 2

Its not a massive mod. The slightly scruffy air divider I picked up at Japfest from a member. Got wrapped and fitted96528b68e59470cf484c69d653613327.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 4

Actually done this 2 days before Japfest but only just got around to uploading to Photobucket and subsequently here. Had my curb damaged matte black Forgestar F14 wheels refurbed as they really let the car down. Even with rimblades on they just didnt look right as the rest of the black bits on the car (door handles, roof, wing mirrors etc) are all gloss black. Had a chat with my paintshop and said I wanted them gloss black and with a hint of orange on them somewhere but not sure where or how much.

After a long chat we both decided that he was going to attempt something he had never done before and I haven't really seen before. Neither of us knew how this was going to turn out but alas I dropped the car off and gave him the extra challenge of getting the wheels done in just 2 days (due to Japfest) along with giving the whole car a detail too. A tall order but he worked his nuts off and I must say I am more than chuffed with the results, I was nervous at first but absolutely love the wheels and the car is looking the best it has since I bought her. Anyway a couple of before shots:

20160729_162717_zpszfnl0yno.jpg

20160729_162804_zpsbee5z2nx.jpg

And, how she looks now:

20170521_123731_zpsee8uh3y2.jpg

20170428_163350_zpskzssu8b4.jpg

20170428_163331_zpsmzcrpmxe.jpg

Edited by Erni902
  • Like 7

It's taken 6 months for me to do my first 'performance' mod. I actually got it for acoustic purposes but my car is now the proud owner of a JWT pop charger. Pricey for what it is but sounds mean at around 5k. Next is an exhaust 😎

• Like 1

I've been toying around with getting into a new modification scene, this is my first real attempt. Like all these habits it starts with buying uprated parts off the internet.

IMG_9979_zpsht6ri0yr.jpg

Flipped her over, crumb tray out and a few screws later I was ready to get to work.

IMG_9974_zpsmjxmqpub.jpg

Disconnected the old timer and fitted the new uprated one.

IMG_9976_zpsonn09gyp.jpg

As you can see the OEM knob only timed up to 4 minutes, but the new goes up to 6 minutes.

IMG_9977_zps3vai65yy.jpg

As with most mods, there's always something you need to fettle. In this case the new knob wasn't quite tight enough for my liking, so I popped a few dabs of serious glue on there.

IMG_9980_zpsavqpy5dq.jpg

Naturally, the next step was to test it out.

IMG_9978_zpsce4hqmv5.jpg

I've found that not only does it allow for 2 minutes longer toasting times, the new timer has a deeper, bassier tone to it, a sort of low down rumble. The new alert bell has a sort of JDM vibe too. Last but not least, I only have to turn it 120 degrees now for 2 minutes, where as before it was 180 degrees, so I'm winning there too.

;)

• Like 3

So last weekend I decided I wanted my exhaust to be louder....and as I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and saving pennies I decided to go for the free option and gutted my stock cats ;D what a PITA getting the metal bricks out. Let's just say it's a lot louder now with de cats cobra y pipe and non res cobra centre and back box and pops and bangs a lot, getting used to the slight rasp and liking it a lot....neighbours probably not so much hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk