What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Erni, I found that the squeal came back (not to the same extent) after about a week. Pads and discs are fine, rather odd!

This is what I found with the EVO ones mate, only the noise would come back after only about 5 miles. I will see in a week or so time as I will be putting some big mileage on her over the next month or so. Many guys have found the Mintex Ceratec to be the best and most reliable thing at keeping the squeal at bay. I think it has something to do with heat resistant properties or something like that (cant really remember as it was a long time ago when I researched it properly.) but alot of the EVO boys swear by it.

I spent about £1500 trying to get rid of the squeal using a variation of different pads/disc makes etc. Spent a fortune on Performance Friction stuff and nothing worked (I wasnt using Ceratec at this time I was using something else that was recommended) . Opted to just get a refurb then lube up with Ceratec and had no issues since.

Hopefully it works on the Zed. Even if it only stops it for a month or 2 I dont mind re-lubing them at those intervals as its such an easy and quick job with Brembos.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently the trusty old boot popper has been failing with me having to either press it a couple of times or help it on its way to get it open. Not a major inconvenience but I ended up buying THESE tap washers from ebay for a grand total of £1.79.

Took a total of about 3 minutes from start to finish, now I have a boot that pops open well above the latch on the first button press. I only had to use 1 washer in each side and I got a pack of 15 assorted washers with 5 being the correct size for the cup (1/2") Now means I have 3 spares should I need them,

• 2 weeks later...

Done a couple of bits today. First off was the interior passenger door handle. (the plastic bit that used to pull the door shut) When I bought my zed this handle was cracked where the bottom bolts in. This meant that the handle nearly came off when people closed the door. Not been in a rush because the only passenger I have really is my daughter and I always close the door after making sure she is strapped in. Finally got round to it though and now its solid. The old one had snapped and been plastic welded at some point but had cracked again. So thats 1 more niggly bit sorted out.

Next up was removing the Rare JDM harness cover that was on mine when I got it. Personally I dont like the look of the engine bay with this on so sourced a stock cover (thanks to Irn Bru) then had it painted up to better match the theme I will be going for under the bonnet. The harness cover came off and the painted cover went on. Whilst I was under there I also swapped some of the engine bay bolts I had sourced from a member on here. Personally I think these couple of bits have made a big improvement under the bonnet:

Before:

20161211_132451_zpsr0u6itd1.jpg

After:

20161212_150434_zps0qenn945.jpg

Next up will be getting rid of the caps on the washer bottle etc and replacing them with stock items, maybe painted but not decided yet. Havent done the plenum bolts as I am unsure of any torque settings for these so will have to do a bit of digging unless one of you guys know off the top of your head?

Edited by Erni902
  • Like 2

Looks great Ernie, good to see my old cover re-done and looking the biz B) . Torque setting are in lb INCH settings NOT lb FOOT, can't remember the numbers they are set to but if you do get them just re member it's inch and not foot.

link here http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/317803-torque-specs-on-intake-manifold.html

Looks great Ernie, good to see my old cover re-done and looking the biz B) . Torque setting are in lb INCH settings NOT lb FOOT, can't remember the numbers they are set to but if you do get them just re member it's inch and not foot.

link here http://my350z.com/fo...e-manifold.html

Cheers mate I think it looks great. Yes I did come across that link and noticed that they are in Inch and not Foot lol. Dont fancy sheering bolts in the plenum due to over tightening or having vacuum leaks due to under tightening haha so played it safe for now and left as is.

• Like 1

Looks good mate but I think a few MM goodies will improve it :teeth::thumbs:

Haha that I have no doubt about mate, I will be after a core strut brace at some point but will be a few months yet. Will probably be after a bonnet catch in a couple of weeks though :)

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to fit my new mishimoto cold air intake today. After a bit of faffing managed to get it all together without too many swear words! Nice deep acceleration tone, all though hard to hear over the cobra exhaust!ðŸ˜

20161227_143618_zpsghue6zic.jpg

Edited by reeceybeaney
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So after buying a Tarmacsportz nismo style splitter off a forum member over 5months ago I finally pulled my finger out and got it painted yesterday and fitted it today ðŸ‘

cc652bca06740a5dbdffb05619e8bc00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fancied a bit of a change and been waiting for a dry evening to finish off the frond end. Cheers to Chris Tarmac Sportz 1f642.png:)

even managed to colour code the door mirrors and add a little tint to the h/lamps

16427783_10210417887756498_1505621536336697315_n.jpg?oh=957bfb4515b3791861c6448acd1874e8&oe=590E6523

16427422_10210417862995879_6304022947449172219_n.jpg?oh=2013902d8a4f9cab9ea43da1e24e3a88&oe=59418C3F

• Like 1

Not a massive mod but just installed my silicone air intake hoses. Every little helps before my uprev. Now got k&n drop in filters, to go with above to get more air in and full cobra exhaust system including hiflow cats to get more gas out. Coupled with mishimoto rad and oil cooler to keep temps down.

27CB5A08-BB25-4665-BA44-6082B5127D00_zpscx9hhqd1.jpg

• Like 1