What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Noticed that my rear speakers were crap when the volume was turned up, even a little bit. Ended up buying a pair of speakers to swap them with. The fronts were already done and are some kind of Kenwood model with Alpine tweeters and crossover etc. (these will get swapped out at some point but not a priority). The rears however were still stock.

I had a look at a few and ended up buying a cheap set for 2 reasons. 1) I am no longer 18 and my requirement is not award winning sound at ridiculous levels. 2) The speakers and the covers are an anodised orange colour so fit with the colour scheme of my car.

I went for 6.5" Edge ED306's:

20161002_133114_zpsy8l93spf.jpg

20161002_132759_zps9bpcoiag.jpg

20161002_132809_zpsstgxqn9f.jpg

Whilst I was there I upgraded all the speaker wiring with proper speaker wire and refitted the lot as there was twisted wires and joins everywhere covered with electrical tape, so was a bit of a mess. I refitted everything direct to the amp and finally got round to setting the amp up correctly and now the sound is fantastic. Still got the factory Bose sub and its doing a great job. As I say Im not after award winning sound or crisp perfect sound at stupid volumes. For the volume I have it on the sound is perfect across the range with no distortion and great bass level. Might look to upgrade the fronts purely for continuity and having the same brand throughout but in no rush.

• Like 1

Noticed that my rear speakers were crap when the volume was turned up, even a little bit. Ended up buying a pair of speakers to swap them with. The fronts were already done and are some kind of Kenwood model with Alpine tweeters and crossover etc. (these will get swapped out at some point but not a priority). The rears however were still stock.

I had a look at a few and ended up buying a cheap set for 2 reasons. 1) I am no longer 18 and my requirement is not award winning sound at ridiculous levels. 2) The speakers and the covers are an anodised orange colour so fit with the colour scheme of my car.

I went for 6.5" Edge ED306's:

20161002_133114_zpsy8l93spf.jpg

20161002_132759_zps9bpcoiag.jpg

20161002_132809_zpsstgxqn9f.jpg

Whilst I was there I upgraded all the speaker wiring with proper speaker wire and refitted the lot as there was twisted wires and joins everywhere covered with electrical tape, so was a bit of a mess. I refitted everything direct to the amp and finally got round to setting the amp up correctly and now the sound is fantastic. Still got the factory Bose sub and its doing a great job. As I say Im not after award winning sound or crisp perfect sound at stupid volumes. For the volume I have it on the sound is perfect across the range with no distortion and great bass level. Might look to upgrade the fronts purely for continuity and having the same brand throughout but in no rush.

Someone's getting a pm ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted a rear DRL today... quiet please with the way it has come out. It's invisible when off and I also have a switch so I can turn it off at night if I choose..

20161015_155853_zps7inz47fs.jpg

20161015_155918_zpsi5klbsoz.jpg

looking good but why are you hanging the christmas tree lights to you boot? testing them before you get the tree in :scare:

I fitted a rear DRL today... quiet please with the way it has come out. It's invisible when off and I also have a switch so I can turn it off at night if I choose..

20161015_155853_zps7inz47fs.jpg

20161015_155918_zpsi5klbsoz.jpg

looking good but why are you hanging the christmas tree lights to you boot? testing them before you get the tree in :scare:

Sold the tree, so had to make use of the lights somehow..

• Like 1

I dont want the hardpipe intake and cone filter getting dirty :lol:

Why should it ?

I have a Typhoon intake and Nickle plated intake pipe and just did a 600 mile drive in zed and it's all absolutely fine.. not dirty at all, no issues with hard rain etc on filter either 😆

• Like 1

3 in 1:

New Exhaust

Rear Diffuser

Rear Spats

lvUcmGv.jpg

YvizQdG.jpg

was going to do the same but with carbon spats ..i think ill get colour coded now tho as while the diffuser looks great im not so sure about black spats now on a silver zed

3 in 1:

New Exhaust

Rear Diffuser

Rear Spats

lvUcmGv.jpg

YvizQdG.jpg

was going to do the same but with carbon spats ..i think ill get colour coded now tho as while the diffuser looks great im not so sure about black spats now on a silver zed

• Like 1

Not really a Mod as such but Ive recently been suffering from the dreaded 'Brembo Squeal' Ive had this on the VR-4 with the EVO 8 Brembo's I put on it and for the life of me could not get the buggers to stop squealing. Ill have to dig a video out from somewhere to demonstrate just how bad it can get. Anyway the only way to combat this on the EVO 8 Brembos was to completely refurb them.

Stripped the pads out of the Zed today, cleaned the outside and inside of the caliper, removing the brake dust etc from all contactable surfaces. Cleaned up the rear face and edges of the pads and then added a fresh coat of Mintex Ceratec to all surfaces that come into contact with the pistons/caliper etc. Also cleaned up the retaining clips and pins and coated them in Mintex Ceratec. Put everything back together and hey presto no more squealing :)

I was going to install a brand new set of pads but the current ones still have thousands of miles left so left them for now. Didnt take any pics as I didnt think about it at the time.

Edited by Erni902

Erni, I found that the squeal came back (not to the same extent) after about a week. Pads and discs are fine, rather odd!

I've finished a couple of mods over the weekend:

1. Swapped OEM exhaust for Invidia Gemini cat-back (stock cats for now)
  2. Rear wiper delete
  3. Polished headlights (they were very cloudy)

20161022_114503.jpg

20161022_114946.jpg

20161022_121951.jpg

20161022_154400.jpg

20161022_160048.jpg

20161023_142145.jpg

upload picture

Link to the gallery in case the photo links don't work: https://postimg.org/gallery/1qs00uvqu/

Next up - probably the bodykit and spoiler, which may have to be a Christmas present to myself in a couple of months!

• Like 2