Most annoying car mods?

LRF4N

2. Anything that's intended to make a lesser car look like the model the owner actually wanted but can't afford :doh:

my first car was a rover 214, i bought the front and rear bumper and alloys from the tomcat :blush: but i didn't badge it such, it still said 214si on the back :lol:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Anything that's intended to make a lesser car look like the model the owner actually wanted but can't afford :doh:

my first car was a rover 214, i bought the front and rear bumper and alloys from the tomcat :blush: but i didn't badge it such, it still said 214si on the back :lol:

At least you had the good grace to leave the badge on :lol:

We've all done it, but most get it out of their system on their first car. A good mate of mine sprayed the rear lenses on his Metro so dark that you couldn't see his brake lights - he ended up scratching the paint off in the middle with a screw driver after the police stopped him :lol:

Totally practical things that annoy me the most, because could potentially have an off the road excursion due to lack of traction!

* Cars running rolled tyres and totally ridiculous amounts of camber on a road car!

Thank goodness both have actually become illegal here!!!! :#1:

Those brutal N1 spoilers that people put on their car... no idea WHY they do it!

I joke I joke... love them really :lol:

the WORST modification by far has to be those stick on bonnet vents you see on cars (even worse if they're chrome!)

Shopping lists (sponsor stacks)

Massive bodykits with load of curves and scoops ... on a corsa - they just act as airbrakes

Vented bonnets on non-sports cars - normally with bonnet pins glued on

.... airbrushing...

489560_114_full_opt.jpg

For me, I really don't like most exterior aftermarket bodykits. I really think they chav up the look of nice cars (even WORSE on normal cars). Very few bodykits blend well enough with the shape of the car.

Fart can exhausts.

Ridiculous sound systems (WHY?? it's a car not a nightclub! Nobody else wants to hear your Dub-@*!#!)

Matt wrap.

Halfords LED/Halogen/Neon/other lighting kits.

Extreme lowering/camber/rolled arches/stretched tyres.

Deep dish wheels.

I know quite a lot of people on here have some of those things, and some similar things. No offence intended, but for me they ruin cars!

Eyelids. They are the most ridiculous mod anyone ever invented, right up there with the 'bad boy' bonnets. It's stick-on plastic tat.

Sticking with lights, tinting film. Why you would want to make your car harder to see (and as such, easier for others to drive into) is beyond me.

Sticking with tinting, tints on glass. Why you would want to make it harder for you to see (and as such, easier for you to crash into things) is also beyond me.

Cars with £20,000 worth of ICE. It's a car, not a soundstage: Spending a fortune only goes so far towards good quality audio when you're sitting in a tin can.

Mahoosive wheels with rubber band tyres. Congrats, you just make your car heavier AND the ride atrocious!

Cuddly toys. The one exception is LM time, when any ol' tat goes in the name of irony and humour.

Numberplates that are badly spaced or silly fonts or too small. Either stay legal or just remove the bloody thing. Less penalties for the latter, too.

Rat look. No, it's not cool, IT'S F*CKING RUSTY AND ABOUT TO FALL APART. Man invented Hammerite for a reason.

Super-stretched tyres on wheels/slammed cars. Every time your wheel arches rub or you bottom out driving over a ladybird, God kills a kitten.

Any stickers or emblems purchased from Halfrauds. You do not have a Type R GTi Sport RS, get f*cked.

Tuner stickers on a car that contains no tuning bits. No Nismo exhaust or bodykit? Take the f*cking sticker off then you pillock.

That'll do for now. My blood pressure is rising just thinking about it.

Everything mentioned so far just makes me smile when I see them on said cars.

We all need a laugh, I dont know if it's been mentioned but the Nurburg ring is a fav of mine.

I say one a few weeks back that had the picture of the 'ring' and then said 'never been' next to it.

Infact, found it:

unnamed.jpg

Everything mentioned so far just makes me smile when I see them on said cars.

We all need a laugh, I dont know if it's been mentioned but the Nurburg ring is a fav of mine.

I say one a few weeks back that had the picture of the 'ring' and then said 'never been' next to it.

Infact, found it:

unnamed.jpg

Actually I 100% agree when you put it like that. It's all in fun the end puts a smile on my face and theirs so it's all good.