Forum elections..

Neilp

Is it possible to have a democratic forum where the forum members get to vote for the moderating team and meet organisers, say, every year or 6 months.

People could put forward themselves, present a campaign and allow the people to vote. Obviously the moderating team look out for each other so the election could change half the team every six months this allowing the current running team to show the new moderators how to work and run things.

I know people will disagree but if you are a good moderator or meet organiser then you have nothing to be worried about as the people will keep you in position. :)

Just a thought.. :thumbs:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be happy to be your treasurer if your applying Neil, we could also invite our donators to dinner . But could be scandulos!!!

hahahahahaha :lol:

I just think that sometimes the way the forum runs could do with a little change. Right now its all shakey shakey hand shakes and ball touching and the likes( just kidding :p ) but there is a massive imbalance between scottish and english and welsh moderators etc.

I think change is good and could bring fresh ideas and approaches to the forum

Good luck with that one :stir:

Actually think that rotating meet organisers could work as people lose interest in it and it would make way for fresh blood to organise some meets.

+1 - would be happy to take step back :thumbs:

We could possibly give members a month each if they wish and allow them to do the organisation for that month.

I am in no way criticizing any member of the team. I think everyone does a splendid job but sometimes a fresh approach can make a big difference to the club.

I think the moderation staff have all been handed it through friends on the forum etc but I think people sometimes do not agree sometimes and dont say anything. Some moderators react different to different things and some have made this not such a great place to be sometimes.

I just think the members should have a say in the way the forum runs.

Good luck with that one :stir:

Actually think that rotating meet organisers could work as people lose interest in it and it would make way for fresh blood to organise some meets.

+1 - would be happy to take step back :thumbs:

+1 I did ask Martin a while back to find someone to replace me :)

I have to say thats not that bad an idea..... keeps the forum fresh and interesting. But I know what you mean about the Scottish section Neil..... no where is the bramble blowing in the wind :lol:

I am with Vik if Admin want us to step back I am more than willing :thumbs:

I think the moderation staff have all been handed it through friends on the forum etc

I know one ex-Mod who hadn't met anyone when he was handed a Modship ;)

there is a massive imbalance between scottish and english and welsh moderators etc.

Not really sure that matters a lot mate if I'm honest, as all moderating is done on the interweb where it doesn't matter where you are :thumbs:

I think the moderation staff have all been handed it through friends on the forum etc

I know one ex-Mod who hadn't met anyone when he was handed a Modship ;)

there is a massive imbalance between scottish and english and welsh moderators etc.

Not really sure that matters a lot mate if I'm honest, as all moderating is done on the interweb where it doesn't matter where you are :thumbs:

Lol i have this opinion when I got into trouble and felt that I had nobody local to talk to about it and I felt opinions towards me were biased. I also felt at shows we lacks banners etc and also the forum support as we were a minority on here. This issue at the shows did get sorted though which was good.

I just think a change would be good and allow the people to select the moderating staff. I think its a fair approach also the same as we do in real life with politicians.

Sorry people, am i missing something? Been on the forum for a couple of years and all seems to have been fine. why the change? Please enlighten

Lol Rothers did you miss all the first page?

but there is a massive imbalance between scottish and english and welsh moderators etc.

Just looking at the list there is one Scottish mod, one Welsh mod and 6 English mods....taking into account the spread of The U.K's population it sounds fair to me :shrug:

Interesting idea though :thumbs:

Pete

That video Beavis is EPIC :#1::#1::#1:

Is that something done ages ago, as to script and supply the text from when Neil posted would be super fast!

I agree that regional meets should be kept vibrant and interesting. Maybe have a section to vote in/out every six months.

I wouldn't say there's a imbalance as such between England Scotland and Wales at all? Look at the Lakez last year, a roaring success and glad I could finally meet those north of the border.

In addition there will always be differences between nationalities, from those on the south coast to those far north in Scotland there's a fair distance. Cultures are different but we all speak the same language, well nearly :lol:

At the end of the day we're all different and whether you are a member, organiser, mod or admin we shall all be respectful to each other. There's times when things get out of hand and to be fair it's probably a wise idea to have a mixed mod team to iron out difficult decisions and make resolutions where necessary.

I'll be honest and say that I'm surprised you see a difference between the north and south that has generated this thread?

I'll be honest and say that I'm surprised you see a difference between the north and south that has generated this thread?

That wasnt the thinking behind this. I just think that theres plenty of members out there who would like the chance to be a mod, be a meet organiser etc that won't get the chance.

I think the team do a fantastic job but I'm young and I think change is good and people should have a say in the team and elect themselves to be part of it.

Neilp :lol: Imbalance?

Definition of IMBALANCE

: lack of balance : the state of being out of equilibrium or out of proportion :shrug: