Forum elections..

Neilp

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to be nominated as a organiser to create a meet. Look at Graham, organised a stunning meet without any backup from the forum.

I see what you're saying about mods, maybe have another welsh and scots to the list to try and even things out.

If you feel you're getting a hard bargain come and live in England :console:

Don't forget mod selection is very difficult. Theres a large criteria needed to ensure the boat stays afloat without disruption?

there is a massive imbalance between scottish and english and welsh moderators etc.

Neilp :lol: Imbalance?

Definition of IMBALANCE

: lack of balance : the state of being out of equilibrium or out of proportion :shrug:

Haha....unlucky Rothers.....I think I know where you were coming from, I thought it was inbalance too but Neil's superior command of English has owned you!

I think this is a good idea in theory until some rogue agent gets elected into the team and causes havoc.....bit like the raving loony party actually getting into number 10

Great idea :thumbs:

Won't happen though :thumbdown:

Yeah it won't happen because the moderating staff and admin wont let it. Exactly why I posted this thread :thumbdown:

I would have done it previously, especially when I had zeds, even put my name forward for it, but I assume as I'm not a "yes man" they didn't see fit for it to happen even though I know the cars, the site and have plenty of free time on my hands which is something the mods claim to have a lack of.

You don't have to be nominated as a organiser to create a meet. Look at Graham, organised a stunning meet without any backup from the forum.

I see what you're saying about mods, maybe have another welsh and scots to the list to try and even things out.

If you feel you're getting a hard bargain come and live in England :console:

Don't forget mod selection is very difficult. Theres a large criteria needed to ensure the boat stays afloat without disruption?

I organise alot of meets up here as I know Jason and Vik have very hard jobs and jason ends up all over the world. I try and help out alot to try and keep stuff going as I know doing the organising full time just isn't feasible sometimes.

Its not just about that Its about keeping the place interesting and getting more people involved in doing stuff.

If people were electing for a month to organise that months meets in advanced so theres a full calander planned etc as 1 person may not have the time to do this.

Great idea :thumbs:

Won't happen though :thumbdown:

Yeah it won't happen because the moderating staff and admin wont let it. Exactly why I posted this thread :thumbdown:

I would have done it previously, especially when I had zeds, even put my name forward for it, but I assume as I'm not a "yes man" they didn't see fit for it to happen even though I know the cars, the site and have plenty of free time on my hands which is something the mods claim to have a lack of.

My thinking also :thumbs:

there is a massive imbalance between scottish and english and welsh moderators etc.

Neilp :lol: Imbalance?

Definition of IMBALANCE

: lack of balance : the state of being out of equilibrium or out of proportion :shrug:

Haha....unlucky Rothers.....I think I know where you were coming from, I thought it was inbalance too but Neil's superior command of English has owned you!

Get_back_in_your_box_by_FizTheAncient.png:lol:

Look at it this way....

Almost every forum/club that has an elected committee is a pay for use forum.

This site was founded on the basis that a previous incarnation decided to create a committee and to charge for the use of the club and it's knowledge.

Would you like to see this club go that way? Charging members to use it?

I certainly don't as that would go against the very reasons this place was created.

Look at it this way....

This site was founded on the basis that a previous incarnation decided to create a committee and to charge for the use of the club and it's knowledge.

I certainly don't as that would go against the very reasons this place was created.

I don't understand what way people putting themselves forward for election would make the forum go to a pay for use club???

If anything is should take the pressure off it as more people would be willing to get involved free of charge and invest free time

Look at it this way....

I don't understand what way people putting themselves forward for election would make the forum go to a pay for use club???

If anything is should take the pressure off it as more people would be willing to get involved free of charge and invest free time

Sorry lexx can you please explain the relevance of your statement to what I have posted. I have read and re-read various times to try and link the two subjects but failed to do so..

Cheers :thumbs:

My apologies. I misread the first post and thought you were wanted to implement a committee structure based on elections. Not just voted mods.

Been a long day.

After re-reading I agree with voting in REO's, but disagree with voting in moderators. As said by someone previously there is too much chance of someone rogue getting in and causing havoc.

My input, as regards the team who run the forum, no thanks, I dont think there is any need to complicate things. Anyone with any ideas can post them up and if there is no reason they cant be impemented then good ideas will be considered.

As for meets, I am NEO on several forums and welcome anyone who wants to organise meets. In an ideal world REOs from each forum could talk to their oppos from the other forums and make my role very much easier. In reality organising meets is not an easy task so an REO would always welcome support from other members to help out.

My apologies. I misread the first post and thought you were wanted to implement a committee structure based on elections. Not just voted mods.

Been a long day.

After re-reading I agree with voting in REO's, but disagree with voting in moderators. As said by someone previously there is too much chance of someone rogue getting in and causing havoc.

I think the chances of a "rogue" are slim as most users are well known. Obviously there is a certain responsibilty to being a mod and I think if these powers are abused then the person should be dealt with appropriately. I dont think the risk is any higher than it is at the moment. Right now the forum does not run as a democracy, the way the people moderating are chosen is in the form of dictatorship. Members do not get to have say if they agree or disagree.

Members can complain about unfair treatment.

We dont need any more moderators.

Simples :)

I'm not saying we need more though. I think the majority of forum members think agree that it would be healthy to elect moderating staff and demote the moderators we do not think are doing a great job.

So far the only people I can see disagreeing with this idea is moderating staff and a couple of the older members.

As said before, the younger generations generally have a different outlook compared to the older members. I mean, if somebody put themselves forward for moderator, who would decide? the moderators.... Which is a guarantee'd black ball, whereas if the members had a say the outcome may be different( or may be the same :lol: ) Of course i'm speaking hypothetically as the person to illustrate any member who wished to put themselves forward for the position.

:stir:

Handsome chaps :thumbs:

What I would request is if the ****-takes are left for another thread as I think no matter how people try and disguise the point i've raised and avoid the true thoughts of the club members, this is still a very important thread and I would like to request that its kept on topic

Cheers

I'm sure every great dictator of the world to his countrymen this when in power

If you have a problem with the way things are done then pm me the specifics.

If not then I am happy to offload some tasks from my first day off in three weeks tomorrow. Addressing and posting japfest tickets. Sorting out logistics for lakeZ, Catching up on and posting over meets on four forums......

Then again, I am sat in a Premier inn in Edinburgh so have nothing better to do.

Im wondering what the issues with the Mods are? Admittedly I've only been on the forum a few weeks, but I've never had an issue with MOD censorship. I admit a certain few jump in with comments like 'read previous thread' or 'the search button is your friend' but they have to moderate loads of messages and this must be bloody hard work?

I'm all for democracy, but in a way I also believe 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'!!

Maybe some new blood is a good idea, but elections on a short term basis will surely only lead to a lack of continuity within the forum?

Just my two pennies worth...........

I'm sure every great dictator of the world to his countrymen this when in power

If you have a problem with the way things are done then pm me the specifics.

If not then I am happy to offload some tasks from my first day off in three weeks tomorrow. Addressing and posting japfest tickets. Sorting out logistics for lakeZ, Catching up on and posting over meets on four forums......

Then again, I am sat in a Premier inn in Edinburgh so have nothing better to do.

lol I could have came and bought you beer and helped you ;)

In all honesty there wasn't anything in specific that triggered me to post this thread. I just was having a think about how we can get the club people more involved.

What I said above was in jest martin, you know me and you've met me and I have no ill feelings towards you. I think you do an awesome job of sorting the meets.

Im wondering what the issues with the Mods are? Admittedly I've only been on the forum a few weeks, but I've never had an issue with MOD censorship. I admit a certain few jump in with comments like 'read previous thread' or 'the search button is your friend' but they have to moderate loads of messages and this must be bloody hard work?

I'm all for democracy, but in a way I also believe 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'!!

Maybe some new blood is a good idea, but elections on a short term basis will surely only lead to a lack of continuity within the forum?

Just my two pennies worth...........

The idea would be to stagger it 6 monthly so whoever is elected will have a year to prove themselves worthy. People that arent doing what the club members want would risk losing their position.