Forum elections..

Neilp

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just me against the moderating staff which is exactly my point. The moderating staff are hand chosen, possibly with the right reasons in mind, but chosen because people either know each other, work together, have personal ties with each other.

Find one moderator, administrator or meet organiser that I had met or knew prior to them becoming part of the team in the first six months after I built the forum and you can be a moderator now.

I genuinely don't want to be a moderator at all. I try my hardest to help the meet organisers in scotland and the meets and runs I have done have been very successful with some of the highest turnouts scottish runs have seen. I possibly could commit to the position but I genuinely don't want to. I prefer to organise meets and get out there and do stuff.

I'm not going to get into where my opinion comes from I just think the forum would benefit from a larger moderating team to deal with the online forum. I think some decisions a moderator was making recently were rash and unjust and as far as I could determine nothing could be done about this.

Please PM me or another member of the team about this and we will look into your complaint.

Just to make it clear. We do actually discuss things before one of the team carries out a decision. I think it would be a little over the top to expect a member to be able to choose who actually bans them.

Its not that i'm talking about. Even though my ban really annoyed me. I got over it though

To be fair you can spot who the next mod is likely to be. Theres a totally marked change in behaviours in the months running up (well if said person isn't already fairly easy going and responsible in the first place).

Don't get that one Paul my phone call came out of the blue and I was shocked. But again I'm an old fart. :lol:

Also Neil if you would like the role of a meets organiser, which is something that always helps the club then that could well be useful. You could discuss with Vik and Jay what it entails and how you think you could help them in the Scotland area. The more we get the clubs name out and about and the more people actually enjoy their cars as part of the club, the better the club becomes overall. :thumbs:

Same goes for anyone who has the time and believes they can make a positive difference for the club - nobody has to wait to be asked to help. If you have some great ideas or even just want to offer any help with any aspect of the club. We cant promise to accept all offers of help, but they are all most certainly welcome.

To be fair you can spot who the next mod is likely to be. Theres a totally marked change in behaviours in the months running up (well if said person isn't already fairly easy going and responsible in the first place).

Soooo true.

There was one appointment that was completely out of the blue though, I'd even forgotten he was a member here :lol:

Also Neil if you would like the role of a meets organiser, which is something that always helps the club then that could well be useful. You could discuss with Vik and Jay what it entails and how you think you could help them in the Scotland area. The more we get the clubs name out and about and the more people actually enjoy their cars as part of the club, the better the club becomes overall. :thumbs:

My last run had over 20 cars attend. I have organised the meets many times including food etc. I don't think at this time I would interfere with vik and jays roles as both do a sterling job. I do however like to help out. I'm all for the club and the lads and ladies that are also involved in it.

The club was the reason i've held onto the car for so long as it was about to make way for a nice fezza 360 spyder. I never got involved my first year on here as much. But over time I got to know a few guys and started to do a couple of little meets and the community on here is fantastic. What I do tend to find is the threads that have lots of humour in them get closed way early instead of having fun with it. Some of the humour has died over the last while.

Don't get that one Paul my phone call came out of the blue and I was shocked. But again I'm an old fart. :lol:

Hahaha....you know what I actually typed '.....already fairly easy going and responsible in the first place like ChrisS' but then I deleted it!

The theory's not Really proven yet......I'll report back after the next mod is appointed with the results of this social experiment :lol:

What I do tend to find is the threads that have lots of humour in them get closed way early instead of having fun with it. Some of the humour has died over the last while.

Neil this is a public forum. If you had a 6,7,8,9 or 10 year old daughter. Would you want her to read all the inuendo and smut that happens 9 times out of 10 in some of the good crack threads.

Yes we are all adults, but as I said it's a 'Public' forum. We have to think about that, a lot of members don't.

What I do tend to find is the threads that have lots of humour in them get closed way early instead of having fun with it. Some of the humour has died over the last while.

Neil this is a public forum. If you had a 6,7,8,9 or 10 year old daughter. Would you want her to read all the inuendo and smut that happens 9 times out of 10 in some of the good crack threads.

Yes we are all adults, but as I said it's a 'Public' forum. We have to think about that, a lot of members don't.

Thats what the green rooms for though but the threads just get closed. I've never noticed you closing any of the threads.

If i had a daughter and she was on a car forum she'd be getting evicted. She should be looking at clothes and handbags :blush::lol::lol::lol::lol:

These threads used to happen though and were great

Don't think the humour has gone out of threads but would agree it's more controlled now. At times it was definitely getting out of hand. At times certain mods reactions to new members can be a little harsh but that is also true of other peoples responses to something that is posted in other threads. As for mods looking out for each other I think you would get the same if you implemented regular elections, that is, voting for the people who would do things the way you want them done. Democratic, I know, but not always in the best interest of the forum I feel. (not sure that is a very good argument I have put forward :wacko: )

I just throw them in the green room and don't tell anybody. :blush:

(people forget to look in there,it's a good place for loosing things) :blush::lol:

I think it should be used for quite a few threads,but we would get complaints, can't please everyone.

I will admit, some threads I get totaly peed off moderating might have ended up in there. :blush:

I just throw them in the green room and don't tell anybody. :blush:

(people forget to look in there,it's a good place for loosing things) :blush::lol:

I think it should be used for quite a few threads,but we would get complaints, can't please everyone.

I will admit, some threads I get totaly peed off moderating might have ended up in there. :blush:

Thats the way it should be

This is the best entertainment / read while working in a Chinese takeaway :snack: . Customers can officially get there chicken balls else where

Leo get back in the kitchen and make me some salt and chilli king prawns :p;)

I will say publicly that I think Neil would make an excellent REO, heck, he's doing the job already and has been a real asset to the club where that is concerned.

I don't feel I'm in a position to comment on the subject in hand though as I am obviously part of the perceived problem.

I can honestly say that I've never seen a topic in the team section in the time I've been a moderator that stated someone's wish to join the team. Not a single one.

As has already been said, new moderators generally stick out a mile and choose themselves. Sometimes there are enough stand out candidates to make the choice difficult but other times it's a no brainer.

This is the best entertainment / read while working in a Chinese takeaway :snack: . Customers can officially get there chicken balls else where

im coming now for some grub lol :lol:

Haha king prawn satay coming right up!!

Mate I would happily make you it, if you could make it out the house, your future wifey has you whipped lol!!

I will say publicly that I think Neil would make an excellent REO, heck, he's doing the job already and has been a real asset to the club where that is concerned.

I don't feel I'm in a position to comment on the subject in hand though as I am obviously part of the perceived problem.

I can honestly say that I've never seen a topic in the team section in the time I've been a moderator that stated someone's wish to join the team. Not a single one.

As has already been said, new moderators generally stick out a mile and choose themselves. Sometimes there are enough stand out candidates to make the choice difficult but other times it's a no brainer.

I dont think anybody is part of any problem stew, the way I may have typed on here may come across like that which wasnt my intentions. All I thought would be good is to try and liven the place up abit and bring some fresh faces into moderating team and meets team.

The points put back to me did open my eyes to issues I may have missed with my initial thoughts however I still think have only 1 scottish moderator with the amount of members we have up here now isnt enough. It was most noticeable at the shows etc where more than one member highlighted it.

I think people don't feel as though they could come forward as a moderator as they feel of rejection may be too disheartening.

Thanks for the praise on the meets Stew, I do enjoy sorting meets out and as I drive 40,000 miles a year at work I get to see some fantastic roads all over Scotland, the borders and Cumbria. This is a hobby for me and I really enjoy helping out and helping Jay and vik keep the place going if they're pre-occupied with other stuff engagements, weddings and the likes ;) ... Thanks again Stew I appreciate the kind words :thumbs:

im coming now for some grub lol :lol:

Haha king prawn satay coming right up!!

Mate I would happily make you it, if you could make it out the house, your future wifey has you whipped lol!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll bitch slap you back in the kitchen ......... hey.... I dont think it was me that had to phone the mrs and appoligise for being out....... was it leo :p

Speaking of which, you wanna come out tonight, Midnight run ?