Forum elections..

Neilp

Neil....... thats Nicole on the phone to me....... she was asking me where I got Laura's engagement ring...... I have told her to meet me tomoz I am sure my jewller will take your car for the ring ;)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil....... thats Nicole on the phone to me....... she was asking me where I got Laura's engagement ring...... I have told her to meet me tomoz I am sure my jewller will take your car for the ring ;)

lmao nooooooooo chance....

the jeweller's putting diamonds on my franck muller ;)

I'll bitch slap you back in the kitchen ......... hey.... I dont think it was me that had to phone the mrs and appoligise for being out....... was it leo :p

Speaking of which, you wanna come out tonight, Midnight run ?

:offtopic:;)

I'll bitch slap you back in the kitchen ......... hey.... I dont think it was me that had to phone the mrs and appoligise for being out....... was it leo :p

Speaking of which, you wanna come out tonight, Midnight run ?

:offtopic:;)

:blush:

Lol I didn't we broke up :) true story , Neil will confirm lol. I have Freeeedoommmmmmmmm!!!! Nah she hung up cause I called her a retard lol .

Lol I didn't we broke up :) true story , Neil will confirm lol. I have Freeeedoommmmmmmmm!!!! Nah she hung up cause I called her a retard lol .

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I Can confirm this is true :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Right back on topic

Ok guys, if you are serious about discussing this then please do so. If not then carry on the OT discussions and we'll move this to the off topic section.

Your choice. :) see I'm democratic...... ;)

Ok guys, if you are serious about discussing this then please do so. If not then carry on the OT discussions and we'll move this to the off topic section.

Your choice. :) see I'm democratic...... ;)

I'm Chinese therefore I believe the communist ways are the best!!!. Lol just kidding I'll seriously stop it now.

Wow had dinner and 6 pages appear, Neil have you got a new laptop and making sure it works?

I agree with what mods and the boss are saying. The way things are seem to work well. They're all from different walks of life and will on many occasions argue amongst themselves in resolving difficult situations, such as policies, mods, regional organisers and amongst the main issues problematic members.

I recall when Greekman was banned from events and I tried to fight his corner to attend a Nurburgring trip. Now I don't condone his actions in Wales but he took it on the chin and accepted his ban. The nurburgring trip would have fallen just prior to the expiry of his ban. The mods did not just point blank say no he's not permitted and would discuss. It was a few days before I heard back, but was informed of the amount of discussion which had taken place and that after serious consideration it would be unfair to shorten the already provided ban. It paves the way to ensure events are safe and respectful.

So from this I am totally for the current mods, they work well together and take appropriate action where necessary. Would I feel different if they were all based in Ireland, no, Wales or Scotland it doesn't really matter.

We all know Beavis can throw his toys out the pram but to be fair it's kinda funny sometimes and brings character to the team. Does Lexx appear to get short with people, probably yeah, but he sorts out the trolls and potential arguments.

I like the fluid selection of members and the hand picked mods. If they weren't hand picked who knows what would happen. There's another forum just like ours, which is chargeable, and from what I have been informed whether true or not doesn't have half as much activity as this forum.

If you're passionate for change pm Chris and put your suggestions to him. I'm sure if there's something which the forum could make use of it will be discussed and applied if necessary. Like I say with the mixed bag selection of mods we have I have faith the right decision will be made.

To note on the for sale thread issue, why not have sub mods which only deal with for sale threads. Pick say 4-6 members in the UK who purely manage the for sale threads.

Why not just create an extra position on the mod team, to be elected by the members? I feel that the current mods are becoming defensive at the percieved threat to their positions when their doesn't need to be. I don't think anyone is talking about kicking out the majority of the team in favour of me, Ricey and Da Whip :lol:

Why not allow an extra person to be elected to the team? Everyone that seriously wants the role can apply for it and could be voted in based on what they propose to bring to the table. If the person doesn't live up to their promises, then just revoke their status.

No extra work for current mods or threats to their positions, but allows anyone serious enough to put their name forward to do so. I'm sure there are a lot of people on here with plenty of ideas and contacts that could help progress the site but are not given the platform.

The worst that could happen is that the extra position is wasted by the electee and the current mods are proved right.

I know that every moderator is a pretty intelligent person in their own right, and as a collective a great job is being done, but surely nobody can think that this site has reached it's pinnacle and can't be improved? For example, I made a suggestion a few years back to add something to the information that is shown on the left hand side of the forum underneath your username (like they do on other forums such as GTROC) , along the lines of a 'status' but was told that that was what Facebook was for and that it the site did not want to deflect away from the core 350z subject. Well, in those few years social networking has exploded and this site has a huge social content as well as the core 350 and now 370 stuff. I'm not suggesting taking the site away from it's core values, but just some times there might be people who have thoughts that could help enhance the experience. Just look at the Zed Ted thing that I think Ekona came up with, it's generated loads of interest. People may come here to find out what size tyres to fit to their Rays but its spirit of the site that keeps people coming back.

It's all about evolution, not revolution.

I can't say i've agreed with alot of moderating decisions, but i usually respect the outcome. heck they even pulled beavis out of retirement just for me. :lol: Neil i agree that some of the banter has died off and this has meant some good old members have left, and others quietened down. although we may have all enjoyedourselves it doesn;t mean everyone did. and i have to sometimes remember that. which like it or not puts us in the minority.

there have been cases where i don't feel members ahve been treated equally or posts shut quick enough or in other cases not open long enough. and as with anyone mods are only human; people make mistakes. and at the end of the day i've always known where the door is and i'm always free to walk through it. ....I just stay to pis$ beavis off :lol: (kidding)

i do wonder whats happened to lincolnbaggie sometimes :shrug:

I stepped down from being the east anglia organiser a good 18 moths to 2 years ago and no one has stepped up for that. lots of people seem to want to do stuff but no one ever seems bothered enough to get off their arse and organise it themselves. which is a shame really as the members list is very large but nothing happens in east anglia. maybe rotating the REO is not a bad idea. or possibly have a competition and at the end of the year who ever has run the best meet wins a small trophy or prze or something?

I do like the idea of mini moderators who only have access to say a sub forum with limited tools and access who could clear up posts and or rubbish, to leave the proper moderating to the bigger boys.

but i honestly think if you mess too much with something you colud leave it in a worse condition then when you started.

+1 on Ian's, Sarnie's, buiscuits, Pete's and AK's :lol:

I'm sure any member would be able to organise a meet under the Mod's watchful eye without it causing too much trouble, no real need to become a mod for that.

Personally I think the current set up works well. :)

In this case, I think its good that those in control are of the older generation, :wheelchair::lol: It keeps the forums' standards higher and keeps the forum more on topic.

Imagine if half the Mods were voted in cos they were the 'popular' young ones, it would be just a matter of time before text speak was the norm and we'd be having meets in McDonalds and Halfords car parks. :headhurt:

I'm sure if a member of any age, from any region (even Scotland ;) ) consistently contributed to the forum and showed the maturity required to be a fair and level headed Mod, the team would approach them.