North east new boy

Good evening all,

Just thought I would pop on and introduce myself,

My names Dan and I live in Darlington, I don’t currently have a 350z but it’s my next car. I’m going to wait till the winter is up before purchasing one but it hasn’t stopped me looking. :lol:

I currently drive a Audi TT 225 (before you say it I know it’s a hair dressers car) that’s why I’m wanting a 350z but don’t want to lose the 4 wheel drive before spring :lol:

I have been a VAG man since I could drive and my VAG car list stands at:

Seat Ibiza

VW Polo

Audi 80 Cab 2.6V6

Audi A4 Quattro Cab 3.0V6

Audi TT Quattro 1.8T 225

I bought the TT because I always wanted a Turbo (ptshhh) :blush: but since buying it the novelty of the dump valve has worn off and I want a big NA again but keeping the coupe sporty feel/look and I started looking at the 3.2 TT's. But my boss has a 350 and he's taken me out a few times and I decided the 350 has the coupe look big lump plus its rear wheel drive (and it’s not a hair dressers car).

I’m also into bike and currently own

2005 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 one of a kind custom paint from dream machine which I’m selling next spring

2000 Suzuki GSXR 600 which is my winter project. Going to spray it invert relentless team colours

So in the very near future I will be looking for a Pre 2007 350z in Azure Blue and must have rays, that my criteria

Now is there any things I should look out for, any real big problems or faults eg Auto boxes on Audi's go around 60k if they have not been serviced.

Many thanks and if any one see's me around give us a flash :lol:

post-9292-135011916168_thumb.jpg

Welcome. :wave: the 350Z will definately feel a lot more sporty than a TT :thumbs:

Theres a lot of stuff on here about buying but i would say some major things are:

Clicky rear axle. wind the windows down, set of from stationary and listen for a metallic click. if you hear it, walk away or knock some serious cash off. the transmission is quite noisy thoug so don't worry about that unless its really bad.

Clutches only last about 40k on manual (apparently) mine was knackered when i got it, luckily the garage replaced it though but its still hastle.

Check for worn syncros in higher gears.

Make sure the boot stays open by itself when lifted.

Check the windows don't drop a little at motorway speeds.

Sure there is a few more things but theres some to look out for

Welcome. :wave: the 350Z will definately feel a lot more sporty than a TT :thumbs:

Theres a lot of stuff on here about buying but i would say some major things are:

Clicky rear axle. wind the windows down, set of from stationary and listen for a metallic click. if you hear it, walk away or knock some serious cash off. the transmission is quite noisy thoug so don't worry about that unless its really bad.

Clutches only last about 40k on manual (apparently) mine was knackered when i got it, luckily the garage replaced it though but its still hastle.

Check for worn syncros in higher gears.

Make sure the boot stays open by itself when lifted.

Check the windows don't drop a little at motorway speeds.

Sure there is a few more things but theres some to look out for

Thanks for that real helpful, very interacting to hear the clutch goes about 40k is there a up rated one which people normally go for?

Good evening all,

Just thought I would pop on and introduce myself,

My names Dan and I live in Darlington, I don’t currently have a 350z but it’s my next car. I’m going to wait till the winter is up before purchasing one but it hasn’t stopped me looking. :lol:

I currently drive a

Audi TT 225 (before you say it I know it’s a hair dressers car)

Hi and Welcome DAN... was also a TT Man myself... remapped by WAK and quite a few other mods, I've had my 350z for almost a month now, bought an 08 GT and it's one of the best cars I bought so far... :)

Have also

BMW S1000rr

Kawasaki 550 Zephyr

4 Horses

3 Dog's

1 New WIFE ;)

If your interested in a Ride(350 not the horses) let me know :)