POST YOUR ZED PIC OF THE DAY.............

manphibian

How do people get the pictures looking like a cartoon type effect? Im guessing youve all got like 400pound cameras

I think the effect you're talking about is HDR (high dynamic range). Supposed to be done with a decent camera that can save pictures in RAW format, or take bracketed shots. With 3 images, your software app will then change the colour levels in the 3 images, and then merge them all together into one shot.

Some phone apps can do it too, but not as well as having the real camera to do it properly (im not into cameras so have never tried this - but i really want to do it!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing that pic Chris of your car - to those in the know out there, would I be right in thinking that if you photographed the engine bay that could be transferred to a wrap that, suitably enlarged, could then be added onto the bonnet? :)

Seeing that pic Chris of your car - to those in the know out there, would I be right in thinking that if you photographed the engine bay that could be transferred to a wrap that, suitably enlarged, could then be added onto the bonnet? :)

Are you serious? Lol.

Its really simple.

You get a camera on a tripod and take a snap of the car with the bonnet open and with the bonnet closed.

You then take them images in to photoshop and create 2 layers with both images, putting the open engine bay pic on the bottom layer.

You then create an area on the top layer bonnet, probably feathering the selected area and deleting it, exposing the lower image, IE the engine bay.

**** easy, Ive done things like this back in the day when Photoshop V1 was out lol :)

To give you an idea, look at my example attached.

post-18112-0-24178600-1357129078_thumb.png

Edited by Dave-350

I think Ebized was asking if it was possible to actually make a wrap out of the pic with the bonnet open and put it onto the car so it would look like the car was driving around with no bonnet.

I've seen perspex bonnets but not seen a wrap done yet :thumbs:

I think Ebized was asking if it was possible to actually make a wrap out of the pic with the bonnet open and put it onto the car so it would look like the car was driving around with no bonnet.

Spot on Chris :thumbs:

Spot on Chris :thumbs:

I see! I beg your pardon Chris!

I think that would look pretty tacky! But someone might be able to pull it off! A polycarobante or acrylic bonnet would work too :p

untitled-1.jpg

Would look good :lol: :lol: :lol: