Time for an intro...

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd say hi properly and do a little intro after having my 350z for a week now.

To be honest the Zed was an impulse buy and was never really a car on my radar. It's my third car this year! I started the year with a MKIV Golf R32 which I'd had for a couple of years. A fantastic car but essentially just a Golf really :lol: At the time my new girlfriend was living in London and a I was doing a couple of hellish trips every week through the city and was hating it. The R32 isn't a great car to sit in traffic with. As comfortable as the Konig seats were they killed my back after a couple of hours. I was also longing for an auto. City traffic will do that to even the most enthusiastic of drivers :lol:

So the R32 was sold and replaced with a BMW 330ci M Sport Cabriolet. The BM and I never really got on, not long after buying it I knew it wasn't the car for me. I knew they suffered from bad front suspension and even after spending a small fortune on new poly bushes etc I still didn't like the way it handled. So six months after buy the BM it was gone. Lost far to much money on it. Golden rule of buying a cabriolet, never buy one in the spring and sell it in the winter! doh! idiot!

So I was then carless :yuck: but using my girlfriends '97 1.2 Renault Clio. Let's not go there eh! Tough times :lol: The plan was to save a few grand and get a modern oil burner, probably a 1 series M Sport to help save some cash so I could move up to London and commute out every day. Well everything was going to plan and out of the blue a fortnight ago the girlfriend f*&ks off. Can't say I was to happy at the time but everything for a reason eh. :)

There I was then, two weeks ago, with no girlfriend and more importantly no frigging car! :lol: But I did have a load of cash from the sale of the BM and a bit more saved too. The hunt was on for a new car. Now I might be alone on this one, but for me, buying a new car is just as exciting as a new women. So I quickly found a smile on my face again.

Well I've wittered on long enough and as you know ended up with the Zed and I love it. It's been a though couple of weeks since the girlfriend left, but the Zed has eased the pain considerably.

So here she is... the Zed not the ex :lol: The car's in fantastic condition. with just 44k on the clock.

Screenshot2010-12-06at104035.png

Through all of the above I've also had a Porsche 914. My dream car since I was a kid. I've had the fourteen now for five years and plan to keep her a lot longer. Classic Porsche is my passion and through another forum online have meet a lot of classic Porsche owners, a great bunch of guys and some great friends.

914GB.jpg

Thanks for reading, if I've bored you to tears, it's your fault for reading it :lol: Seriously though cheers for the info you guys have created on this site. It's a fantastic source of info and has answered many a question I've had. Hopefully see you around.

Cheers, Stephen

:welcome:

Nice pair of cars you've got there and you've got a zed in the best colour too.

One of my friends has a 914, we went down to Le Mans in convoy this year and no one gives the 350z a second glance when there's a bright orange 914 in front. There's a couple of pictures of the cars here if you're interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37770&p=565457&hilit=+le+mans+#p565457

Cheers for the welcome guys.

:welcome:

Nice pair of cars you've got there and you've got a zed in the best colour too.

One of my friends has a 914, we went down to Le Mans in convoy this year and no one gives the 350z a second glance when there's a bright orange 914 in front. There's a couple of pictures of the cars here if you're interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37770&p=565457&hilit=+le+mans+#p565457

I think I know most of the 914's in he country but can't say I recognize that one. They're very underrated car. I love mine.

The pics look great. I went to Classic Le Mans this year and in 2008. I think about 70 of us went from the club. I didn't take mine this year but shared the driving with mate in his '72 911. Awesome time, can't wait until 2012!