Ian Lewkowicz RIP

Ekona

Ladies and Gents,

It's my sad duty to announce that one of our members, ian.lewkowicz, passed away in a car accident yesterday evening whilst driving his 350Z on the A500 at the age of just 26 (BBC News story). This sad news has been passed to me by Chris, one of Ian's closest friends who has asked that I put this thread up to let everyone know what has happened. I'm sure that you'll all join me in passing our sincere condolences to Ian's friends and family at what must be a horrible time for all. :(

Whilst Ian only joined this forum in February this year, he has contributed to the whole forum and threw himself in with great enthusiasm into the club, and met a good few of us at meets. Chris has said that he will print out this thread and give it to Ian's parents, so please feel free to post your messages of condolence on here. I think I speak for all of us here when I say that it's such a shame to lose any one in life, let alone a fellow Zed owner.

RIP Ian. :(

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This news is hugely sad.

Ian has contributed a lot since joining this club so to lose him like like this is hugely upsetting.

I'd like to pass on my condolences to those he has left behind. My thoughts are also with the family and friends of the passenger too.

Take care out there folks. The roads are a very dangerous place.

This is very sad news. Not that I knew Ian personally or chatted with him, I used to see his banner and avatar appear on some of the threads. Me being an Ian also, always keen to meet the Ian's in this world.

The one thing that we all have in common is the Zed.

I'm sure there are a number of members on here that would have met Ian - and this makes it that little bit harder to comprehend for those members.

I hope that Ian's family can find some peace behind these terrible times....

All I knew of Ian was he had taste and that was the ZED!!

Best wishes to all the family.....

Heard about the accident this morning and tonight on the local radio news and it makes you wonder. To then hear it was a fellow Zed owner and at such a young age is truly shocking. My condolences go out to his family & friends and I hope they can find ways to remember Ian in better times.

always tragic news, especially at that age.

Never really know what to say as nothing makes a difference to the people left behind, I just hope his friends and family find a way through this terrible time.

edit: just realised a 17 year old girl was also in the car. terrible, really just terrible news.

This is the saddest news that has had to be posted on this forum. Condolences to all of Ians family and friends.

I would like to include many on this forum in the friends category. Since he joined he has become a most welcome member of our community and his contributions will be missed by all of us.

Ian was one of the most enthusiastic members on here when it came to attending meets.

You will be missed buddy.