New Car!!

Steel Lynx

I found opinions on the looks a lot like Marmite with this car. You either like it or you don't. I wasn't sure myself to start with, but the more I looked at pictures and when I 'd actually seen one in the flesh it grew on me every time.

3 hours ago, Jay84 said:

How do they compare to the earlier high revving vtech type r's?

They're still high revving engines. Can't say I've noticed the V-Tec kicking in as you get the usual 'pull' when the turbo is active, which, when you're giving it some beans is all the time :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ekona said:

Does it come with a brown paper bag? ;) 

Enjoy the new car dude :thumbs: 

Is that for sick or the car?

No doubting its credentials but i am afraid i just cant get past the "looks", its good we dont all like the same things though op, the world would be a dull place :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KyleR said:

I'm sorry mate, but this is a monstrosity. I'm sure is goes like @*!# of a shovel, but why did they have to stick everything they had in the workshop on to it?

If it helps. the 'Aero kit' actually works and isn't just for show. Although it probably comes in to its own on a track. I assume whenever the car is in motion it'll be doing something though :D 

So many haters!!

True its not going to trouble a F355 in a beauty contest but I have been reading the reviews and these cars have been seriously impressing the journo's with a truly sorted chassis that is up for the task.......mated to a decent engine and the more and more rare manual box (I salute Honda for not even offering a paddle shift!), I say fair play to you sir for signing up to enjoying something that's not from the safe (and slower, less interesting) options

And anything that laps the mighty Nordschleife in under 7m44 has some skills worth owning!!

Edited by 350Butcher
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Steel Lynx said:

If it helps. the 'Aero kit' actually works and isn't just for show. Although it probably comes in to its own on a track. I assume whenever the car is in motion it'll be doing something though :D 

There was a recent chat re a new Mclaren and its function over form aero  and how its just not pretty so totally get the whole working aero schnizzle and fully appreciate its benefits, with the caveat of, on a race track/car, not a road going hot hatch, imho of course.

As others have said, more power to you for not going the safe option of a Golf R :) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steel Lynx said:

Doesn't it have fake vents? Or is that the older one 

• Like 1