Ekona

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

Complete knee jerk reaction from someone desperate to put some distance between herself and Labour and win a few extra votes - how much of these promises have been thought through, all processes examined, viability tested and consequences thought through - none at all. Political rhetoric to snap up votes on popular themes.

• Like 1

Weird that she knows it's definitely the human rights laws that caused the problem, but just not which particular ones? "And if human rights laws stop us from doing it, we will change those laws so we can do it.”

It's also strange she didn't call out the Laws which had prevented the Police and Intelligence Services from acting on the tip offs they'd had from the public?

Complete knee jerk reaction from someone desperate to put some distance between herself and Labour and win a few extra votes - how much of these promises have been thought through, all processes examined, viability tested and consequences thought through - none at all. Political rhetoric to snap up votes on popular themes.

Well yeah, they have all been doing the same for weeks now!!

Whats to think through, we hopefully can act better to prevent terrorism, jeez, you keep on like its a bad thing!

You mean this a tossed off statement, devoid of any single action items, designed to whip up the mouth foam of anyone who thinks the European Convention on Human Rights is the same thing as the EU?

That's pretty cynical Col. I think everyone knows we were the very founders of the ECHR, long before the EU existed.

As, known terrorist sympathiser Winston Churchill once said, "In the centre of our movement stands the idea of a Charter of Human Rights, guarded by freedom and sustained by law."

Welcome to the democracy in which even the idiot gets an equal vote. Once again, as I've said before, I don't have a better idea, but this isn't working.

Weird that she knows it's definitely the human rights laws that caused the problem, but just not which particular ones? "And if human rights laws stop us from doing it, we will change those laws so we can do it.â€

It's also strange she didn't call out the Laws which had prevented the Police and Intelligence Services from acting on the tip offs they'd had from the public?

Many people within the intelligence and security forces have said the system works, but they do not have the resource.

OK so we change it, we disregard a human rights convention that has driven global change in children's rights, homophobia, torture practices so on and so forth (unfortunately the likes of TM will 'market' it as something else) - we toss that out the window and we find some chap born in Britain who has googled something and spoken with a hate preacher. What next? Whats this tough solution that everyone seems convinced we need? Deport them often gets put out there, but where? The country they are going to has to accept them as an incoming deportee. How do we, as a country with no jurisdiction in that country force them to take a British national we have deemed not fit to live here? Would the opposite apply then, say a guy who was born in Saudi Arabia of British parents who turns out to be a murderer, I presume you would accept that they can deport him to the UK as a Saudi national yes?

What if a 'rounding up' approach was more prevalent, what would I do as a potential terrorist? I would probably go so far underground and probably accelerate my plans for causing death and murder giving security forces even less time to get to me? Just a thought.

There is no way any thought has gone into May's statement, ask her now what the first thing she would do to start this process (not even ask her what the plan is) and she would 'have to defer' to someone. I am not against preventing terrorism but assuming some draconian plan with no thought in it will just simply tick a box and stop it all I just cannot get my head around.

Its no more or less of a knee jerk reaction than Corbyn replacing his ex-fling Diane the day before the vote either desperate to distance himself from her woeful conduct and to win a few extra votes. They are all at it.

Edited by Sargara

Yes, well this is the sort of thing happens when you let the general public vote for the leaders of the country.

I do wonder quite often if democracy has had its day.

People who don't understand the situation voting for liars with even less of a clue.

Hence i don't see the point in voting. :shrug:

Edited by Strudul

The fact that both parties have been focused on personality rather than policy, that there are various recognised and not so well recognised media outlets printing blatantly untrue information and discussion over some of the most important issues have been ignored in favour of more hysterical headlines probably suggests it does.

TBF we saw exactly the same in Brexit and the US Elections, you dont actually have to have any foundation or basis for your claims, you can say what you want these days. Weirdly enough we got the wrong decision in both of those too.

Its no more or less of a knee jerk reaction than Corbyn replacing his ex-fling Diane the day before the vote either desperate to distance himself from her woeful conduct and to win a few extra votes. They are all at it.

No, she's poorly. I read it today. :lol:

To be frank, I wouldn't be surprised if its mental illness, and I mean that sincerely! I can imagine that something like what she has done over the last couple of weeks has effectively ended her career, she could well have broken down or something.

Even more of a reason she shouldn't be in government. If she's genuinely ill then I wish her the best. If it's just a con to get her clear of the limelight, then I'll be less impressed.

With regards to tearing up the 'Ooman Rights book, the Tory guy on Jeremy Vine earlier clarified this slightly. Currently it can be impossible to deport someone if they have family here, as they have a legal right to a family life under the HRA, so he was saying that's one thing they would change. Seems reasonable enough to me, and proves it's not always the headline you should read but the detail.

Also, and I've no idea why the media or more importantly the Tories have stopped mentioning this, but do people not remember that most of Labour MPS actually think Corbyn is useless? His shadow cabinet is made up of people that still like him, rather than the best available to him. That's a really bad idea to vote a party in that kind of disarray into power.

. Seems reasonable enough to me, and proves it's not always the headline you should read but the detail.

God this so much atm.

I see some many people share @*!# on facebook with a Headline labour will do this or tories will do that etc etc, without even reading the article its sad we live in a time that another dumb **** will see that headline and assume its all 100% fact and share it on. you end up gaining/losing votes on some bullshit that when it all goes over people didn't realize what they were voting for............hmm this sound familiar

• Like 1

Yes, well this is the sort of thing happens when you let the general public vote for the leaders of the country.

People who don't understand the situation voting for liars with even less of a clue.

Hence i don't see the point in voting. :shrug:

then quite simply you have no right to comment on anything - fuel, taxes, cost of parts (because they might be imported) etc etc etc

no offence but this is such a ridiculous comment strudul

• Like 1

then quite simply you have no right to comment on anything - fuel, taxes, cost of parts (because they might be imported) etc etc etc

And I don't, I just accept things for how they are...

I took the same approach to Brexit. I disagree with the uninformed and mislead public making a decision on something they are not qualified to make a decision on, which includes myself.

And I don't, I just accept things for how they are...

Victory has defeated those brave people who won the right to vote :(

• Like 4