Ekona

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

Not wanting to come across as a tory supporter but even that meme is wrong also.

I think that was Steve's point :lol:

Everyone just assumes im an idiot :(

That is tragically heartbreaking combined with that emoji.
  • Like 2

Not wanting to come across as a tory supporter but even that meme is wrong also.

That's far more sympathy than he needs.

• Like 1

That's far more sympathy than he needs.

:lol:

• Like 1

Yes, I knew there must be at least one more!

Don't forget I'm here as well! :lol: Although CT raised to 26%... :cry:

Silver lining - if they do get into power by a sufficient margin to actually push policies through (almost impossible) and do manage to raise corporation tax to 26% across the term in order to fund things like free education, nationalised transport, higher minimum wage, and the other things they have promised, certain demographics are going to have more disposable income... then we just need to persuade them all to buy performance cars so that you have a greater customer base to tap into for revenue ;)

I voted yesterday!!

I enjoy actually voting in person on the day. I've done this in every general election since 1970, that's 12 in all if I've counted correctly. Of course, I'm usually there for a while as my house is the last house in the constituency of Alyn and Deeside while my neighbours are in Delyn and they have the same postcode as me :lol: . It can take 10 minutes to locate me on the voters list and issue me with a voting slip (because I can never find my polling card)

Pete

Yes, I knew there must be at least one more!

Don't forget I'm here as well! :lol: Although CT raised to 26%... :cry:

Yeah, I'm not super psyched about that hike from a personal perspective, but it's all for the greater good.

Do you think in just five years that hike will make as much difference as promised?

I think it depends on if HMRC will bother collecting it from the people they can't intimidate. Either way, it's better raising funds from CT than taking even more from those who've had it stripped off them since the genius of austerity came to the un-rescue.

On the positive side it'll totally expose the myth that all the companies in Britain immediately run off should they be asked to pay tax at a similar level to what they would in the rest of Europe.

Edit: Whilst we're on positives, the big bonus of the Brexit process is going to be myth busting that Foreigners broke the economy, took all the benefits, are too lazy to get jobs and also stole all the jobs. It could be a good spell for mythbusting :lol:

Do you think in just five years that hike will make as much difference as promised?

I think it depends on if HMRC will bother collecting it from the people they can't intimidate. Either way, it's better raising funds from CT than taking even more from those who've had it stripped off them since the genius of austerity came to the un-rescue.

On the positive side it'll totally expose the myth that all the companies in Britain immediately run off should they be asked to pay tax at a similar level to what they would in the rest of Europe.

Pffffft, you're talking economics, who cares.

The question is WOULD YOU PRESS THE BUTTON?!!!!?? :lol: :lol:

The lady asking the audience tonight why everyone is so eager to kill millions of innocent lives had the best question in my opinion.

Pffffft, you're talking economics, who cares.

The question is WOULD YOU PRESS THE BUTTON?!!!!?? :lol: :lol:

The lady asking the audience tonight why everyone is so eager to kill millions of innocent lives had the best question in my opinion.

I love the obsession with this, like there'd be any habitable part of the UK if we actually got into a nuclear war.

AT LEAST WE GOT TO FIRE SOME OFF, they'll choke through the radioactive clouds. It's like winning a competition to see who can sh!t their pants the most.

• Like 3

Which they won't, simply because it costs a lot of money to force a courtcase through and takes years to do as the paperwork involved is ridiculously complex. They'll carry on hammering the little guy, which means a much smaller return in tax and less money to spend on wages and staff.

A better idea is not to promise a world you cannot deliver, ever. May, just maybe if Labour were focusing on one thing to improve I might believe them, but they're filling the room with promises they cannot hope to ever keep. Sadly there are a lot of gullible fools out there falling for it (not you fella, nor any of the other Labour supporters on this thread I hasten to add! I'm talking about the social media flops, who see a headline like £350M to the NHS and believe it instantly).

I heard on the news this morning another reference to the £80K income tax increase, which still makes no sense to me. JC bangs on about it being fair that the wealthy pay more, but how is it fair that a couple where one earns £80K and one looks after the kids at home get hit, but a couple earning £60K each and paying a babysitter don't get touched at all? I appreciate we're talking about fractions of the population (which in turn means tax revenue increase will be minimal), but in no way is that fair at all. I'm still irritated that the £80k just happens to be above the amount that MPS earn as a salary too, and how it's impossible for any other party to point that out for fear of further pushing away the electorate via the world of spin.

On a side note, I dreamt I met JC last night, and had a quick chat with Ken Clarke afterwards. Must lay off the cheese before bedtime, methinks.

• Like 1

I voted yesterday!!

I enjoy actually voting in person on the day. I've done this in every general election since 1970, that's 12 in all if I've counted correctly. Of course, I'm usually there for a while as my house is the last house in the constituency of Alyn and Deeside while my neighbours are in Delyn and they have the same postcode as me :lol: . It can take 10 minutes to locate me on the voters list and issue me with a voting slip (because I can never find my polling card)

Pete

I see the appeal just time for me and dont want to not vote.

Although I am facing a fair amount of faith in 'el postie.

AT LEAST WE GOT TO FIRE SOME OFF, they'll choke through the radioactive clouds. It's like winning a competition to see who can sh!t their pants the most.

I'm sorry but I dont think that comparison is fitting.

Wash pants or

peel off melting skin.

:lol:

• Like 1

Well of course the idea behind the nuclear deterrent is that it stops us getting nuked because the enemy would know that they're going to get flattened too - a concept that seems lost on a lot of the internet. Saying that you'd never use the nukes we have removes that deterrent which is why Corbyn gets slammed so much over it.

I don't think many supporters of the nuclear deterrent truly relish a nuclear war.

I agree, I don't think we'd ever fire first either. Even if you knew 100% the other side were about to fire, you'd use conventional weapons first. I think the only time we'd fire would be if we didn't think we could realistically contain multiple launches.

I'd love to know the different PM's orders across the years re the letter in each Trident sub, I really would.

Just to add further clarity, it's true that if it reaches the stage that we have to launch a nuke then we're probably dead anyway. The whole idea is that no one launches any due to the concept of MAD that I explained in my last post, but that only works if there is at least the pretence of us retaliating.

It's there in case some despot loon fires first, in which case we are all toast anyway. Disarming is another thing entirely and unrealistic. I will put my gun down first if you promise not to shoot me :) yeah right. It's ok hugging trees until someone takes advantage of you with your pants down and destroys the forest.

I don't think Corbyn says he wouldn't use them just that he wouldn't fire first. Let's not forget the defence industry is a huge business and war pays. I live close to AWE and it's a huge local employer, even the conventional weapons industry makes a mint from humanities weakness.

Like I've said before someone is always gaining from the suffering of others.