52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

Thatcheresque levels of steel.

Give us that shizz. Make England great again!

I jest, but strong leadership, yeh, that's a distant memory.

Sad truth is, if we ever did have 'strong' leadership again, the special snowflakes would be in outcry and they would be labelled extremist and impeached.

Edited by Aashenfox

it would appear the labour rise is based on the younger age group getting out to vote

All the new young people who are coming to vote, surely it also depends on their locations? In Woking for example, 10,000 youngsters suddenly voting for labour wouldn't even half their deficit to the tories based on the 2015 result.

edit: double quote by accident

I am only going on what i read and maybe that is a failing of the computer model, based purely only demographic rather than majorities held in certain seats.

I'm literally not clever enough to work out how they do this stuff, I just have to hope that they're right :lol:

I'll fully respect your decision

Funnily enough this is the thing i was only thinking today, if there is one thing in this election that i hope we dont see, whatever the result, is the absolute bullsh*t post election from voters of the loosing sides, i.e marching on London, claims of futures being ruined, let alone the stupid comments and casting aspersions towards whoever voted the way of the winning party.

• Like 3

There will always be protest, in a way we are all doing it here ranting on about our views regardless of the majority, shouldn't whoever is not aligned with the majority/Ekona ;) therefore not comment? I think its good that people work hard to make their point known, keeps the opposition on their toes, makes them work harder on their agenda. If no one complained or campaigned against them, whats to stop them doing naff all.

Well, everyone said the coalition achieved nothing where the Tories were the majority stakeholder, yet they got a landslide in the 2015 GE. Everyone in this country has a right to have their voice heard, just because they voted for the side that got the least votes does not remove that right.

Protesting because the government does something you don't like is fair enough, especially if they didn't say they would do it before or said they'd do something different.

Protesting because you didn't get the result you wanted in an election or referendum is pointless, unless I guess if the protest is literally against democracy.

If Labour win, I bet we see very few if any protests. If the Tories do, I bet we get a ton of them along with social media flooded with negativity. Much like it is right now, tbh.

If Labour win, I'll have nothing but respect for the campaign they ran. I'll disagree with most of it, but I certainly respect the genius way everything has been handled since they got screwed in the local elections. I'll also be here in five years to tell you that I told you nothing will have changed at all ;):lol:

Here's another interesting thought: If Labour do not win, despite an excellent campaign, just how monumentally screwed are they?

• Like 1

If labour win it will be hailed as a splendid victory for the working man. Corbyn is being hailed as a champion for the perceived and actual downtrodden. He is being portrayed as the "honest" politician. These two words are not usually synonymous!

Honesty rarely works in politics if our countries and others track records indicate. Mrs May is establishment through and through, well connected media backers and general wealthy fan base, it's in their interest after all.

I've seen countless facetrash posts bombarding everyone to counteract the perceived tory monopoly on mainstream media outlets. It's a parody of guerilla conflicts like Vietnam or similar where the might of the establishment forces is being undermined by the labour counter offensive underground :)

The latest fb post cites the fact we hate the bankers we hate the wealthy we are always moaning about the failings of the establishment and politicians are corrupt but now we have a chance to rectify that.

There is a ring of truth to this but either way it's starting to ram home to some. A very effective Labour campaign indeed on social media.

There is a whiff of Labour success in closing the gap here. Probably not by enough but maybe some way to atoning for the recent council elections.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

Searched for wheel nuts, got this thread at the top of the results... think I need to stay well clear, proper lefty warrior here :lol::D

The latest fb post cites the fact we hate the bankers we hate the wealthy we are always moaning about the failings of the establishment and politicians are corrupt but now we have a chance to rectify that..

Huge numbers of people at feel like this. We live in the only part of leicester that has a labour seat and will be voting for them - knowing that means a pretty decent tax bill increase for us.

Jeremy corbyn has managed to do what Thrump did in the US, come across as a genuine 'normal' member of the public trying to fight for the people. May couldn't be more of a career politican if she tried, former Bank of England employee married to a banker, she has as much credibility amongst the young/poor/disabled as I have pushing people to believe in EVs on this forum!! :)

I don't think anyone can really call the election, polls is one thing but turning up to vote is another, we'll find out soon. The 'turth' or what ever you want to call it matters little in popularity contests, it's about engagement with your core supporters, which May has frankly disillusioned by saying they will loss most of their estate to the state rather than pass it onto their kids (Am assuming most conservative votter have estates worth far more than £100k).

Edited by gangzoom

its a shame and a worry that people wont do there own research they will end up voting on what ever meme or picture gets sent around facebook believing it all as fact.

Stuff like this. Elections are won and lost on social media propaganda now

18902084_10159076095845508_1548471800_n.png?oh=79df43112c61fbc40d209ac063b6b898&oe=5933DCE7

Not wanting to come across as a tory supporter but even that meme is wrong also. They havent borrowed to accumulate all of that extra debt, a lot of it is interest being paid on the previous debt accumulated by Labour. But hey who is interested in the details when you have such a good meme opportunity :lol: The George Osbourne goal was to reduce the deficit to zero, so we 'balance our books' - that never meant our debt goes to zero (how do you pay off nearly a trillion in 5 years thats just stupid). By all accounts our deficit halved, but given circumstances since last year can only imagine we are going to lose a fair amount what we gained through the austerity years as we slip to a weaker economy. Hell I could be wrong, I am not recycling newspaper articles just trying to make sense of it and happy to be told otherwise ;)

In other political news, the only thing that the world of politics globally agreed on was climate change, except Trump, who last night announced that greenhouse gasses are fine :surrender:

• Like 2

Did you here the French guy (president?) use Trumps own slogan against him? All Trump kept saying was lets make America great again, the French guy closed his interview with lets make the world great again. Unfortunately I don't think Trump get irony