Ekona

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

After reading Corbyns massive spending and big tax impositions on SME owners this comes across as the dreamer vs the realist for me.

I think is bang on, the dream of healthcare and social care for everyone vs the reality of it being for shareholders.

• Like 2

Seeing as Brexit looks nailed on, cutting corp tax is the way forwards. The last thing we want to be doing is driving away major multinationals by hitting them with higher tax when we are going to rely on these businesses to keep the economy on the up. It may also encourage the ones who dodge tax to pay a few quid now and then too.

I just couldn't have any faith in Labour running the country at the moment, just seem so inconsistent and have little to no direction or confidence within themselves. Lib dems are the one you vote for if you have no idea who to choose. Got to be Tories all the way again this time, yeah there is stuff they have done/plan to do I don't agree with but at least they are all on the same page and actually stand a chance in standing up to the bully boy tactics from the EU top brass. Who for me, can shove their 'trade deal' right up their Junker.

Seeing as Brexit looks nailed on, cutting corp tax is the way forwards. The last thing we want to be doing is driving away major multinationals by hitting them with higher tax when we are going to rely on these businesses to keep the economy on the up. It may also encourage the ones who dodge tax to pay a few quid now and then too.

I just couldn't have any faith in Labour running the country at the moment, just seem so inconsistent and have little to no direction or confidence within themselves. Lib dems are the one you vote for if you have no idea who to choose. Got to be Tories all the way again this time, yeah there is stuff they have done/plan to do I don't agree with but at least they are all on the same page and actually stand a chance in standing up to the bully boy tactics from the EU top brass. Who for me, can shove their 'trade deal' right up their Junker.

We already have the lowest Corporation tax rates in the G20. If we need to lower them further to attract big business then it shows how much of a shambles Brexit really is.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I like the pulling back fuel payments for all but the poorest pensioners, both of my parents could claim this but dont as they dot feel it reasonable when they have solid pensions and own their own homes.

Very few people refuse the heating allowance. My heating bill comes to around £1,000 per annum but seeing as I don't have a mortgage and have a company pension I'm most likely going to lose the £200 I get at the moment. This would also probably mean that 10 million pensioners would have to be means tested, more expense and red tape. However, before I pass judgement I need to see what the earnings threshold is before you lose your entitlement.

But figures obtained by the BBC found just 29 pensioners decided to decline their fuel allowance in 2014-5.

We already have the lowest Corporation tax rates in the G20. If we need to lower them further to attract big business then it shows how much of a shambles Brexit really is.

It's just a myth, it helps a certain demographic believe that business is doing us a favour by allowing our huge number of consumers to have access to it. It's from the same stable as saying taking benefits off the disabled encourages them to do more or food banks are actually a good thing delivering food for "a variety of complex reasons".

I don't think Brexit is a shambles, long term I think it will be far better for us all. The point I was making is the whole Corbyn manifesto centers around huge tax hikes, which still don't cover his proposals. He is living in dreamland much like Nicola north of the border, can't stand that woman. The whole of Europe is on the brink of self destruction, the next 2 years are crucial.

Anyone else find it coincidental that the Labour manifesto, which was released in conjunction with full costings of their policies, gets a load of press stick for not being costed. Yet the Tory Manifesto has no costings, but doesn't face the same scrutiny? It's like there's two different yardsticks?

Yet it gets even weirder still, George Osbourne was going to wipe out the defeccit by now (remember that pledge?), but thanks to the blindingly brilliant austerity, it's actually doubled. Still he's gone now, so it doens't count, got a good job in the press I hear.

Hang on...

The only thing I can recall that connects the complete failure of the bulk of the press coverage forgetting to cover these trifling elements, is that the Tory manifesto also abandons the second part of Leveson, they don't fancy looking into press/police corruption.

Weird eh?

• Like 2

It would appear that outside of the media propaganda ring there is an undercurrent of labour support building. I'm now of the view that although the Tories will still win, the majority may not be as high as we all think.

This is obviously just my opinion based on observations on social media and the like.

I suppose the bottom line is there are plenty of people out there who like the labour mantra but with all the recent infighting feel less confident about the leader. They know his heart is in the right place but feel he is to submissive for the road ahead.

My work colleague is a Falklands vet and a multiple visitor to Northern Ireland during the troubles. He detests Corbyn based purely on his historical ties to Sinn Fein. Even though I have pointed out Thatchers and the Americans behind closed doors communication with them were a fundamental part of paving the road to peace he sees Corbyn as a traitor.

The Tories are starting to show cracks in the armour through lack of available information and they need to tread very carefully especially with the younger voters.

What interests me about the social media aspect is the personal attacks on the Tories. Its not debunking the policies, but a tirade of filth and personal attacks on the people...which seems like a loosing tactic. I'm all in favour of having the policies pulled to threads and analysed, its what I saw being done to the labour manifesto a lot.

• Like 2

tread very carefully especially with the younger voters.

Seeing as statistics show only 50% of 18-24 year olds actually exercise their vote, i doubt the Tories care to be honest, if you want to see cracks in armour, take a look at Diane Abbott, utterly hopeless individual and if thats what Labour is fielding to answer questions, well i dont believe even the hardened Labour supporter would have faith in that!

• Like 2

Its a good point - the circular argument that younger voters feel like they are not listened to, but many more compared to other age brackets take no interest to try and listen or vote. If they made themselves more important by voting maybe parties would consider them moreso in policy reviews...

tread very carefully especially with the younger voters.

Seeing as statistics show only 50% of 18-24 year olds actually exercise their vote, i doubt the Tories care to be honest, if you want to see cracks in armour, take a look at Diane Abbott, utterly hopeless individual and if thats what Labour is fielding to answer questions, well i dont believe even the hardened Labour supporter would have faith in that!

Indeed, if you look back further in this thread I was the first one to post on the Dianne Abbot police budget fiasco ;)

I personally think younger voters will turn out in higher numbers this time round. We shall see.

After all the fuss and whinging after the referendum, they are going to look a right bunch of tw4ts if they dont.

• Like 2

They won't. It'll be just like the 2015 GE and Brexit, the ones who shout the loudest end up on the losing side.

And then there'll be a ton of yoofs marching on parliament complaining.

They won't. It'll be just like the 2015 GE and Brexit, the ones who shout the loudest end up on the losing side.

It's really weird that they can't be arsed to wander down the polling station but can be arsed to march on London :shrug:

• Like 3

It's really weird that they can't be arsed to wander down the polling station but can be arsed to march on London :shrug:

They can't post the polling on social media can they.. All about that selfie wiv da banner innit !

• Like 1

Said exactly that earlier in the thread, I think its pack mentality and being part of something they can get some attention for, not very impressive to say, i went to vote today, but, i marched on London today sounds "cool", if you are easily impressed ;)

• Like 1

TM getting hammered on Sky right now after her manifesto turn around. Babbling about nothing changing (it has) and generally handling it terribly as a media event. Does concern me that if she got stuck in front of some serious political figures in a meeting she would be very ineffective...so not convinced by her right now.