Ekona

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

Its this...people think because they are spending £1 in a shop they are not being affected, but that £1 the business receives buys them less in from their non-UK suppliers than before. Businesses have to hit margin levels (most good businesses will measure their company strength on margin or EBITDA than revenue) and thus this cost is passed on.

There were some horrendous amount of BS from both sides going around - with people so willing to believe what 'confirmed' what they wanted to believe and ignore anything else said to them even if it was irrefutable.

your supermarket bill going up 20-30%

a report earlier this year showing that 20% of new startups will build their base in the EU not the UK and many other factors that could impact long term growth

Seems your first statement is right with regards to your last points ;)

There is absolutely no evidence or proof that either of those two statements will be fact, its all hypothetical.

To be clear i am not saying it wont happen, but lets not start the scaremongering bs again please.

From what little knowledge I have, the way I understand it, don't we have access to global trade outside the EU, or are we bound by trade contracts with the EU at the moment which basically say "we promise to trade ONLY with the EU"?

Was I lieing to my posh neighbours when I told them the EU counts for (approx) 17% of global trade when they bemoaned that we'd have no one to trade with and that if we did find anyone, they'd bum us to death for a deal?

The general feeling is that, we're going to wander around with our cap in our hand going "p p p please s s sir....may I trade with you....I beg of you"

And the few that don't slap the cap out of our hand and spit in our dirty and bloodied face will gleefully unbutton his pants and we'll just grab our ankles.

• Like 1

There were some horrendous amount of BS from both sides going around - with people so willing to believe what 'confirmed' what they wanted to believe and ignore anything else said to them even if it was irrefutable.

a report earlier this year showing that 20% of new startups will build their base in the EU not the UK and many other factors that could impact long term growth

There is absolutely no evidence or proof that either of those two statements will be fact, its all hypothetical.

To be clear i am not saying it wont happen, but lets not start the scaremongering bs again please.

No the BS was "fact" presented as such which was clearly not. The UK has NEVER paid £350k to the EU per week, the countries publicly available accounts showed this.

I then speculated about price increases for supermarkets, prices have already gone up (again measured by the market as fact) in some food areas by up to 10% (again fact) - WTO rules have % levels associated with them (again fact) and I speculated if they came into play adding them together what the outcome would be - that's using informed data to predict an outcome, that's not BS.

BS is telling something to the public as fact which is proven not to be. The UK never at any point sent £350m to the EU in fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No the BS was "fact" presented as such which was clearly not. The UK has NEVER paid £350k to the EU per week, the countries publicly available accounts showed this.

I then speculated about price increases for supermarkets, prices have already gone up (again measured by the market as fact) in some food areas by up to 10% (again fact) - WTO rules have % levels associated with them (again fact) and I speculated if they came into play adding them together what the outcome would be - that's using informed data to predict an outcome, that's not BS.

BS is telling something to the public as fact which is proven not to be. The UK never at any point sent £350m to the EU in fees.

I am not debating the 350 million, so lets leave that aside, as you say, there was a lot of bs claims from both sides.

Its all hypothetical depending on the outcome, so being as the government dont even know our fate, how on earth can anyone else, therefore its all bs/speculation/theoretical, its not meant offensively, there is absolutely NOTHING factual about what will and wont happen, so in my opinion, at the moment, its all bs :surrender:

Well you may as well not debate anything and sit waiting for things to happen to you? I don't know what job I will have, how many kids I will have or even if I will still be with my wife next year (don't tell her that just making a point!) but that doesn't stop me taking what I do know and working through best and worst case scenarios. Sometimes these do play out as well so it's hardly BS.

To put my comment int context, it was a response to a point that brexit hasn't affected us, I tried to just show that it has and potentially if TM doesn't get what she wants and we get hard exit, there is a reasonable chance it will really affect us under certain conditions.

If you look at the supermarket price increases and combine with WTO rules you get to that number, it's informed speculation.

And you're right circumstantial but no moreso than thinking that brexit won't affect us and we are through the worst. Until trade deals are done the current situation is not representative of the future either.

• Like 1

As prices start rising and Brexit is shown for the holocaust that it is, it won't be the fault of people who voted leave. Oh no. It'll be everyone who didn't vote Tory in the upcoming election who's weakened the UK negotiating position. 😂

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

As prices start rising and Brexit is shown for the holocaust that it is, it won't be the fault of people who voted leave. Oh no. It'll be everyone who didn't vote Tory in the upcoming election who's weakened the UK negotiating position. 😂

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Brexit is a culmination of a great many reasons.

Funny how remoaners vehemently point their fingers at Brexiteers, protecting their beloved, corrupt gang of upper crust cronies.

Oh yes. It was single handedly the fault of uneducated paupers who couldn't possibly grasp the consequences of their folly. Let this be a lesson to decent society. Take back the privileges of the commoners. They abuse their right to a voice and put decent, honest, true Brits' families in jeopardy.

Jeez.

Politicians must be so amused. No matter what, they've got the public at loggerheads and we squabble like playground idiots.

Politics is so corrupt. On any side. Why are we so keen to see people lose and concede to OUR way of thinking.

This is why I have no interest in it. I'm aware that people who are passionate about politics think that people like me are simply fools who can't grasp it.

Edited by TT350

Morrisons pork pies went up from £1.50 to £2.50 in a week.

Right. 180 that Brexit. Now!

That's only 1.00 dude, 2.50 less 1.50.

Oh hang on, I see.

Serious bizz. Mess with a man's soul when you bang a quid on his pork pie in the space of a week.

See what the Tories have done in respect of Pork Pies ??? Extrapolate that and you'll soon get a 370Z for fifty quid ...

just sayin'

"Surprised to see this listed at A£1

I tried to buy one of these in the Camden store this morning. They were charging A£2.10. I told the assistant on the deli counter to put it back. I buy these regularly. I like them. The kids like them. But a price hike over 100% ? You've got to be joking!!"

That's what 'mxevans' from Camden had to say...

Sounds like Diane Abbott Maths to me lol

I merely quoted the person, I didn't implement any mathematics!

Not once have I mentioned percentages but I'm being bummed about mathematical capabilities or lack thereof!!!!

It's not funny to pick on the less fortunate. I'm Dyslexic.

Lol and to be fair he did say "over 100%"

Even I know if you stick a quid on summat that's a quid, that's a 50% increase. Right?!

AND.....

He said £1 increased to £2.10

I said £1 increased to £2.50

See. Corrupt politics. You're taking a bit from my statement and a bit from his and making your own version of the truth lol.

Edited by TT350