Ekona

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

I must admit Stu I find it particularly ironic that a staunch Labour supporter would be prepared to voice any opinion on defense when Labour led us into an illegal war and the associated costs.

I think Stu has already replied but this is one of my biggest issues in politics today, calling up history from 10, 20, even 50 years ago to try and justify a point today.

The fact is that even 10 years ago the world was a different place with different people in it (the second Iraq war was now 15 years ago) so its no more valid than comparing a 2003 BMW with a current one and people were referencing Churchill in the Brexit argument :lol:

No one party or person can ever be held 100% accountable for anything thats happened in the past, this is why we have a parliament (and a second house) in the first place. While the Tory "investment" in NI can be seen as a bung, Id take 100 of those over Labours continual pandering to the unions in the 80's just to maintain support, its hardly a new concept.

Again i agree, but thats just it with politics and most people are guilty of it, as i think Jay mentions, how many dont vote Tory because of the miners/thatcher which as you suggest was a different era and we are talking a major policy (trident), so personally i dont think its "just" to roll out the old trident argument and jump on the JC bandwagon surrounding it and the costs when the party you are advocating led us into Iraq, you either have those morals or just blindly follow a party regardless.

• Like 1