Thick as thieves ...... Or just Thick Thieves

d95gas

Had my company car broken into early hours of Monday morning. with my role I have to carry a boot full of I.T equipment. Fortunately we had just had the grandson to Blackpool for the weekend so most of it had been taken out on Friday night.

So anyway, they ransack the car and among other things, find 3 x Microsoft Lumia 740 phones, brand new, still sealed in their boxes. At this point you near to bear in mind we have something like 17,000 handsets on the net, and I usually carry 10 or 15, and when needed just grab one.

So back to the thieving scumbags........ They rip the boxes open, remove the handsets, leave the power cords and bugger off..... BIG MISTAKE.

The boxes have the IMEI printed all over them, so was kind of them to leave the boxes so I could ID what they had nicked.

Local CID get the IMEI and within 12hrs get a ping on the IMEI database, indicating which shop it had just been sold in.

He pops down to the shop, and lo and behold its a WELL KNOWN junkie, plain as day on CCTV with her smack-head boyfriend.

Same again with another 2nd hand store later that day with another of the phones.

So the kind gentleman from CID needs to speak to them, and knowing their habits, is going to pop round with a few mates and give them an early morning call....... He just happens to have a key that fits their door :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Would love to see their faces when they are told their own stupidity shopped them :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 16

So the kind gentleman from CID needs to speak to them, and knowing their habits, is going to pop round with a few mates and give them an early morning call....... He just happens to have a key that fits their door :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Lets hope they have the kettle on ready for them bright & early. :D:lol:

I reiterate Zeus's comment above, ...chop the thieving scum bags hands off. ;)

Yea its great when a plan comes together ........ Firmly believe we should dish out punishment that befits the crime as Saudi do..... Chop their bloody hands off ....... trouble is we all know they get put in front of the magistrate, who will give them a suspended sentance or a £20 fine and told they must turn their lives around ....... As they walk out of court laughing and sticking two fingers up.

Really feel for the bobbies, they put they effort in to take this scum off the streets when hours later the magistrates put them back on it ..........Maybe in certain cases the "Vigilante" does work ;-)

Sadly they are just feeding a habit, a very nasty habit and they probably havent had a clear thought for many years, let alone one that gives them some intelligence not to get caught.

A friend works in the force, the stories he tells me are truly shocking, like a load of smack heads jacking up whilst their mate was dead on the sofa for three days, they would have continued for longer had it not been reported by a grass.

Personally i just think, legalise the lot, tax it and make some money off them, we all pay for our vices, whether that be booze, fags or even petrol ;)

• Like 4

justice is never dished out to these scumbags properly on past experience because too many do gooders feel sorry for them

So what justice do you give them, bang them up - not enough prisons, cut there hands off - they will still find a way to steal and inject, give them a hiding - wont make a difference to an addict.

The above doesnt mean i dont agree with you by the way, but the ultimate goal is to stop them doing it again, so how do you get to that point with an addict?

• Like 1

Addicts need help. Shame there isnt a drug you can administer that wipes out ALL addiction.

That said i do f'&ing hate thieves.

Brand new YZ250 of mine nabbed one night. Was physically ill.

Whats more i said id meet him somewhere erring on the side of caution and using common sense. They called back while i was out and my dad gave them everything including the colour of the garage door.

Doh.

We had some chaps break into our office a couple of years ago. Could have been pretty bad, we had 6 fairly new desktops, a brand new £1800 laptop and another £750 one, a brand new iPhone and a week old Galaxy S6 along with usual office shyte. What did they take?

A locked cashbox containing about £18 and our office dartboard. Seriously. :lol:

• Like 1