The best car you've owned

Jimmyflo

2 and you'll hate both.

1.3 vauxhall chevette which was my 2nd car (1st lasted a month). Orange shagpile carpet and a 10 squillion watt head unit

Ford Cougar 2.5 v6 which was my first anywhere near 'sports car'.

All the cars since then have pretty much caused me heartache, grief or an empty void where the soul should be.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It's a tough one to answer, every car has it's charms..

Karmann Ghia - looks

Porsche - the smell

ZM - scary moments

S2000 - handling

Suzuki - speed

Jeep - pothole eater

Monaro - noise, just the noise

Z - a nice mixture of all

image_23.jpeg

04072009961.jpg

16-01-05_1444.jpg

220820101467.jpg

200920091231.jpg

08042011048cedited.jpg

Jeep-platesafe.jpg

290320132681b-small.jpg

020420132712b-small.jpg

image_15.jpeg

Edited by mr_smith126
  • Like 1

Depends on how you define "best" really.

I think the most fun car ive ever had is my Renault 5 GT Turbo. That was great fun modifying it in every way possible to increase the performance & handling and then seeing the results on the road as you left much more expensive/powerful cars for dead. I loved it so much I never sold it and still have it in my garage 21 years later.

The best for running costs had to be our old Peugeot 307 HDI. Ran it for 2 years and the only thing which went was the top mounts on the shocks which cost me a tenner to replace. It also returned over 60mpg and could do 600+ miles out of a tank full.

Best, as in best all rounder has to be my current BMW 123d Coupe. Does 0-60 in 6.something, and still gives me 50mpg on average. Lovely comfortable commuting car whilst giving you loads of fun if you want to give it some stick. Everything feels so solid and well made, its a joy to drive. With the M-Sport suspension I find it actually handles better than my 350z did and I seem much more confident in pushing it on the bendy roads. I think it`s a great looking shape and running cost wise the only hit ive had is the depreciation which works out at around £3k a year.

Personally my best car Ive owned and wish I hadn't sold was the JDM Honda Integra DC2. Spent 5 years building it to a good standard and beyond. Totally killed me selling it even more so they've shot up in price again and it had relatively low mileage but after 5 year Ive truly missed the bugger and its driveability also the high revving old school b18 just put a smile on your face everytime sat behind the wheel.

Chances are Ill be purchasing another once Im done with the 350.

• Like 1

Tough call. I would say at this point it is the current 370. But prior to this it is either my MK1 MR2 - it was a little go kart and handles great! Or my MK2 MR2 turbo, only running 309bhp but unbelievable acceleration and handling.

Other cars in my list - TT BPU Supra was fun whilst it lasted, turbo IS200 was a giggle, 350z was lovely, other MR2's.

But for me the 2 MR2's below will always be missed.

beach5.jpg

032.jpg

Best Ive owned is my 135i, it just does everything from decent economy to making great noises, before that Integrale as it was such an insanely involving drive.

Best Ive driven is probably a 981 Cayman S - far from the most expensive but so communicative and balanced :cloud9:

It ended up with a mate in Spain and is still terrifying him on regular basis :lol:

We were chatting the other day, it was only an 8v running a bit more boost, Konis and a few other bits but it felt quick and handled like nobodies business, it was almost like it was daring you to push harder and harder. Regularly got out of it with large sweat patches but no chance of ever having one again, prices have gone mental and are even higher on the continent :(

• Like 1