The best car you've owned

Jimmyflo

Depends how you define best but nicest has to be the current 520D Tourer. Most fun would be the S2 Elise 111s followed by our old Swift Sport.

I'm really struggling what to buy next as I love my current cars but fancy a change. Thinking GT86, Civic Type R, Cayman, M135i.

Edited by un1eash

I'm lucky enough to have a 350z, a handful of 300zx (in various states of disrepair), a R33 GTR and a rotten old rust bucket MK1 MX5 which my other half rescued from the scrapy and gifted me for Christmas. I went on various drives at the weekend in the 350z, the GTR and the crud-bucket and you know which one gave me the most smiles over the weekend.........the MX5.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Zeds to death, goes without saying I love the GTR as it's a weapon, but there's something so insanely fun about that little car. You just can't stop grinning when you're driving it, so much fun and as it's so tatty you can leave it parked up with the roof down and do the whole 1980s action film thing where you enter and exit the car without worrying about opening the doors. And if the thing goes pop it costs bugger all to fix and most jobs can be done with the car on stands on the driveway.

I'm not saying that the MX5 is 'better' than something like a GTR as it's not. But there's something so refreshing about a simple little car built for 'drivers' that can be picked up so cheaply.

Anyway, I'm off to give my head a wobble and sit in the GTR for a bit to think about what I've said ;)

S.

• Like 3

I went on various drives at the weekend in the 350z, the GTR and the crud-bucket and you know which one gave me the most smiles over the weekend.........the MX5.

Yep, done a few trackdays now with my 350Z and the missus Mk3 MR2 and always fidn myself trying to nick the keys for the little one, more involving, more demanding, more fun :)

• Like 1

I wouldn't say it's the 'best' car I've owned. But the one that gave the most fun and the one I most regret ever having sold was my little 205 gti 1.9.

Not the fastest, most practical, most comfortable or most reliable but just loved it for the sheer thrill of blasting round the twisty B roads in the Yorkshire dales.

• Like 1