Looking at these but have more questions than I have the confidence to click buy at the mo.. can anyone help with some feedback on some of these snippets I have found floating around the internet...
(model 2005 GT4)
- They are designed for LHD therefore light adjustment will not be right for UK roads
- I've read people having grief about the indicators repeating too quickly due to LED people seem to be snipping a blue wire on the unit!?? Whaaat! How come, why etc..
- Also read that people say you need to transfer the cover from OEM unit otherwise they will leak! (obviously ballast is swapped over with new seals, assume this is the plastic twist off cover..) don't want to spend out if these are highly likely to suffer from moisture ingress..!
- As stated need to buy side light and indicator bulbs for LED - does that effect the workings with lower voltage..? Or just make sure you buy decent bulbs with the regulator thingies built in..?
- HD use exisiting from old lamp or buy new if so desired - options for higher output without upgraded ballast?
- High beam use old or replace with LED? - bulb type
- Low beam replace with LED as stated - D2S bulb
- Indicator replace with LED as stated - 3157 bulb
Any info gents, greatly appreciated.