v-tec just kicked in .....yo ...... pg21

Bodyboarder81

not really any quicker.

the only thing I could pin point was that it was quicker

:wacko::surrender:

Not really any quicker obviously states it was a bit as I would have said 'it's not any quicker' otherwise. So stop being difficult, if you like the M3 like the OP obviously does then that's perfectly fine, as I have stated my opinion and thats all it is.

Everyone likes different things...I even test drove the bloody thing so it must have been on my radar at least!

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

No doubt youll take this personally and its not meant that way (I dont think Jetpilot is being "difficult" either) but if the only difference you could identify between a 370 and an M3 was "its a bit quicker" then that probably explains why you rate the two quite closely. Even in 20 minutes of driving its clear the cars are quite different, and while the 370 isnt bad car by any means theres a reason people rave on about M cars.

For example the 370 has a 7 speed auto box ........ but its not dual clutch and is painfully slow when compared to what VW were doing over 5 years ago, never mind the BMW version.

The traction control system just cuts power to the wheels (which can be as dangerous as not having it at all IMO) where the BMW is far more gradual and intelligent, it also has 3 settings on it and the stability control is noticeably better as well.

This is before you get onto less quantifiable stuff like grip, feedback and throttle response, all of which I found considerably better on the M3.

• Like 1

No doubt youll take this personally and its not meant that way (I dont think Jetpilot is being "difficult" either) but if the only difference you could identify between a 370 and an M3 was "its a bit quicker" then that probably explains why you rate the two quite closely. Even in 20 minutes of driving its clear the cars are quite different, and while the 370 isnt bad car by any means theres a reason people rave on about M cars.

For example the 370 has a 7 speed auto box ........ but its not dual clutch and is painfully slow when compared to what VW were doing over 5 years ago, never mind the BMW version.

The traction control system just cuts power to the wheels (which can be as dangerous as not having it at all IMO) where the BMW is far more gradual and intelligent, it also has 3 settings on it and the stability control is noticeably better as well.

This is before you get onto less quantifiable stuff like grip, feedback and throttle response, all of which I found considerably better on the M3.

And it is double the price so you need deep pockets let's be honest it's the reason most of us went for the Nissan

Me included

• Like 1

For me it's just the right car at this moment in my life ! Yes there are better , faster , slower , cheaper cars out there but for my budget and needs it fits the bill and I hope I have some fun in it :)

Being delivered tomorrow ! At last :)

Can't wait ........

...........to get the exhaust mod done , spacers fitted and other bits on it :)

• Like 2

Not taken personally at all mate. I have never driven either car in auto form so cannot really comment, I am definitely a manual man even in the new era of super fast auto boxes.

I would agree with your point on traction control if you were talking about the 50 as that was very simple and more of an on/off switch. For me the 70 is heavily advanced compared to the 50 and anyone who has owned both cars will probably agree with this. Also cannot comment on the M as in the test drive I wasnt able to fully utilise the car to traction control needing levels ;)

Funny you should say throttle response, I actually thought the M was sluggish in comparison to the Z but mine has an UpRev so maybe thats why?!

Either way I am still in a massive pickle about my next car so you never know I might come back to the M. Anyway, hope the OP enjoys his new car. Its always fun getting something new to play with espeically when it has over 400bhp! :D

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

Power was sport plus and steering was sport. Not sure about the rest if I am honest.

All I was allowed from the Honda dealer. It was a PX for the new shape type r, I never would have purchased that model but it was the closest none private. I didn't want to mess a private owner around if the car wasn't for me.

Right managed to get a few hours today on the car ....... As you all know I like things clean ! So on every new car I buy I always like to remove all the wheels , wash all the arch plastics , scrub it all down and just generally make it nicer , and obviously give the wheels a proper clean / protection .

When I started I found just how extensively Bmw used aluminium and other light stuff on the m3 , all the arms, drop links shock bodies etc are all Ali , front wings plastic , carbon roof , Ali bells on all the brake discs . The m3 is still a fatty but at least they've tried !

I have noticed compared to my zed it rolls a little even in the hardest settings , so will end up getting some anti roll bars . Also lack of rear end grip compared to my zed , which ran 285 mpss........ And then I looked at the tyres , thought they were mpss but actually are Michelin pilot sports . So that and the wider tyres explains when I feel the back end gripped more in the zed . I'll change them all to mpss once they are dead .

Fitted my spacers , which make it look loads better . 15 mm front and 12 rear . Can't really feel any difference if I'm honest ... Which is odd as I think I ran 20/30 on my zed with rays and could feel the difference straight away .

Anyway a couple of pics

0199BDE6-AFA8-42AE-A262-C1352A8DC854_zpsc0badb8w.jpg

BC7AB71A-AEF3-44A3-97C9-8E1FA20048EC_zpsqaz5mz7v.jpg

3C5307A5-0ED6-4ACE-9B82-2C7943ED71C4_zps9x5wdz2e.jpg

Love how they've vented the inner arch liner to improve the oil cooler efficiency! Very German :)

88869FA7-7CC8-4C79-BD6F-40A09182C1D6_zpsifzi06hn.jpg

2D1D2928-6499-449A-81D2-2EE5F761BF0A_zps7stslvpx.jpg

Orders new wheel centres as they are a little corroded and booked in for a wheel to be refurbed due to the delivery driver curbing it ! Doh

Edited by Bodyboarder81

Strong work I can't wait for the engine work to start ;)

I think these with a supercharger on run about 600 bhp ..... In all honesty , its too much for it . The power is absolutley spot on with the 7 speed dual clutch . It only has 420 bhp but due to the gears stacked so closely it feels like alot more .