v-tec just kicked in .....yo ...... pg21

Bodyboarder81

Worked for me. Sounds awesome Josh!

When's your beast arriving mate ?

It was built on Monday and is currently sat at Baltimore docks I believe. Still about 12 weeks away! Getting fed up with the wait now

Edited by jimboy2
  • Like 1

Another one going the other way .... Not a bad sound for a £120 mod !

Does sound very nice Josh. ;)

So what's the mod then for £120? ...is it one of those valves that fit inline with the exhaust centre section & can open to miss out the silencers?

You open up the back box and wrap or weld 2 of the 4 perforated pipes , weld back up . Job done ...... Would love a full proper system such as the akrapovic but at 4.5k I'll think it's crazy for a 20bhp gain !!

I give you a month before you cave :)

• Like 1

Akrapovic stuff is pretty, but a total rip-off.

Sounds superb mate, we'll have to meet up one day and have a V8 rev-off! :lol:

They are expensive but sound unreal on a e92 m3.

Pop up used on m3 forums now and then for a reasonable price.

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1

Ya they do come up on the m3 forum but still over 2.5k !!! I thought zeds exhausts were a lot of money , the m3 ones are just stupid ! Wish invidia did a m3 system :(

You open up the back box and wrap or weld 2 of the 4 perforated pipes , weld back up . Job done ...... Would love a full proper system such as the akrapovic but at 4.5k I'll think it's crazy for a 20bhp gain !!

I give you a month before you cave :)

Haha :)

Probably remove the primary cats ( m3's run 2 cats per bank ) as you gain around 15-20 bhp and some more v8 noise , plus still passes mot .

Ya they do come up on the m3 forum but still over 2.5k !!! I thought zeds exhausts were a lot of money , the m3 ones are just stupid ! Wish invidia did a m3 system :(

Z exhausts are mentally expensive when you see what they cost in USA and Japan. Also consider what a 350z is actually worth.

Akra are made in Europe and still cost £4.5k. But I honestly think they are worth every penny.

Must have for a e92 m3. A v8 that revs that high deserves one.

Your car is in a different league to a Z bud and the V8 is no comparison to the type you find in a mustang or similar. They rev so high, so fast.

I nearly bought a used new model M3 in October. But I was persuaded that a new Volvo XC60 polestar made more sense for my situation :(

I hated the idea of a turbo charged m3 at first but they are mental. Scary savage for a road car and no 4wd to save you. I love them. I hated the sound at first but that grows on you too.

White comp pack deserves a Akra IMO.

• Like 1

It does indeed but just can't justify it .......

Yes a friend of mine has an m4 mapped to around 550 and to be honest it's just too much for a road going , rear wheel drive car ! I have the brakes and anti roll bars going on this Thursday so looking forward to that and then I'll be looking into exhaust options :)

• Like 1

New m3/m4 doesn't need mapping. Most drivers need them detuning.

Great car in standard spec though.....says the Volvo driver. Wtf was I thinking?

The Akra isn't even expensive compared to some of the others. I rember on with adjustable valves for £10k+.

BMW's own sport exhaust sounds good. Cheeky bastards should put that on a comp pack.

It was the new m3/m4 comp pack that put me of getting one without TBH.

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bit of an update .......

Bought a 2nd exhaust to mess around with and do a few more too . Made the exhaust tips single walled and started to do the 2.5 pipe wrap exhaust mod . Nearly done , just need to get box welded up and get it swopped over .... Should sound even better than it already does !!

4151BC3F-3506-41D8-A60D-B8E2ED98F8DF_zpstaywl6nu.jpg

Got a number plate !

99D5871C-5D63-4300-89A0-748AA6E653D6_zpsgjoqleec.jpg

Removed the h&r anti roll bars ...... Just wasn't feeling them . The beauty of this car is that in comfort mode ... It's comfy , well damped and quite .... Then you push the 'M' button and it's like a different car ! The h&r' just made the car a bit harsh all the time . When you were out for a blast they were great ..... All the other time not so .

Then this happened !!

23B19603-41DF-4BFC-8FFA-A59D52522116_zpsrk5eky22.jpg

Yesterday my amazing wife gave birth to our 2nd !!

• Like 4

Congratulations buddy I remember when mine were like that. Long while ago now 🙂

Sent from my iPad using a hammer and chisel...

Ya our other boy is nearly 5 now ! Time flys !! Not looking forward to the sleepless nights again though !