v-tec just kicked in .....yo ...... pg21

Bodyboarder81

My vote for m3 or c63.For your budget you can get very nice example on both.Interior is nice place to be in both cars.Both very practical everyday cars.More luxurious inside than GTR,less road noise.If you audio fan than individual(m3) or Harmon Cardon(c63)audio is a must.I personally like externally m3 more than c63,but c63 is a hooligan!

Yes,GTR is quicker than any of these two,but M3 and C63 in my opinion is nicer place to be inside(if that important for you).They not depreciating that much,so won't be problem to sell in future!

My vote for m3 or c63.For your budget you can get very nice example on both.Interior is nice place to be in both cars.Both very practical everyday cars.More luxurious inside than GTR,less road noise.If you audio fan than individual(m3) or Harmon Cardon(c63)audio is a must.I personally like externally m3 more than c63,but c63 is a hooligan!

Yes,GTR is quicker than any of these two,but M3 and C63 in my opinion is nicer place to be inside(if that important for you).They not depreciating that much,so won't be problem to sell in future!

I actually think the m3's have gone up slightly in value ! Went out in one the other day , pretty impressed to ne honest . Not that fast but as you say a complete package and would get pic of the bunch with my budget

I actually think the m3's have gone up slightly in value ! Went out in one the other day , pretty impressed to ne honest . Not that fast but as you say a complete package and would get pic of the bunch with my budget

DCT gearbox? Will you modify your future car:new wheels,exhaust ? M3 exhaust is very easy to modify(2 or 4 pipe mod).I heard it in real,sounds very good!Will cost you about £200..

How does your supercharged 350z compares to m3?Any difference ? What do you prefer?

Edited by Dashurik

How about something like a hot hatch and a Caterham? Try something different.

I've had lots of hot hatches

Polo g40

Pug gti6 x2

Pug 306 rallye

Leon cupra r

Ibiza cupra r

172 cup

Meg r26

So I think im looking for something a bit more grown up now . Although I have had some really good times in my hot hatches but all the new stuff just shouts chav I think :(

No, I meant use the hatch as your daily then use the Caterham as your fun, never done before car! :lol:

• Like 1

GTR

V8V

Maser GT

M5/M6

TTRS

Evora

So much choice at that level.

Coming to this a little late........ but what have you test driven, in the list above for example? Start wiith a few test drives and then decide..... Once I got out in the GTR, my budget got increased :) and both missus and I love the car. However they are not for everyone............. get out there and get testing some of the cars! The list above is a good place to start, maybe include a AM V8V and Porsche Cayman. Im not a huge fan of the Cayman myself, however, I have been out with a friend on track a few times and they are brilliant on the track, interior is very good as well.

Ive driven a lot of whats mentioned on this thread and theres a reason certain cars get mentioned a lot :lol:

The R32, R33 and R34 are all old now, if youre collecting then great but if you want to drive then its a no.

The big execs IMO go XFR, IS-F, M3, C63 in that order but they are all big, heavy and thirsty, and if youre spending over £30K on a hot hatch youre quite mad IMO

911's are an acquired taste, Ive been warned off of Vantages, M5/M6 are just too big and too thirsty and Im still not sold on the yank stuff, no matter how cheap it looks from brand new.

Which leaves the Evora, the Maser, the 981 Cayman S and the GTR, all magnificent cars but the Cayman gets the vote from me, its just so beautifully balanced while still being refined, I loves it.

But (and who didnt expect this one to come) ....... having had the same choice a while ago I couldnt look past a 135i (or M135i, or M235i, or 1M), they are smaller and lighter than the M3, even standard arguably faster due to more accessible torque but when modded are proper rockets and most E92 M3 stuff bolts on to make handling very similar. There is very little that the M3 has over the E8* other than the badge on the back ........ ;)

Put a pic up doc !

All good points ..... But I want to stick to my budget . I would dearly love a nice Cayman s 981 ... But as is the gtr out of my price bracket . Also as said I might well have a gt4 sometime in the future ( and depending on the loan amount!) . I have an itch for a v8 and been out in a v8v 4.3 I think . Looks absolutely wonderful , interior wasn't blown away by or the performance . Been in a gtr..... Yes yes amazingly quick and capable but truth be told never been a fan of the look , sorry folks :( Went and had a go in a nice m3 v8 ... With a akrapovic exhaust and some other bits and bobs .... It was black ( which I don't think does the car shape justice ) but it was good fun ! Dtc , 8400 rev limit , in my price range and semi practical . Yes no where near as quick as a gtr and I even think my zed would have beaten it in a straight line at least , but very well built .

TT RS ..... Gay

Maser .... I'm not 50 , I'm 34

911 ..... Only would want a 997.2 3.8 - out of price range

evora ..... I actually like them ... But the new one make the ones in my budget look utterly crap :( would also live outside , so not keen on a fibre glass shell

Edited by Bodyboarder81

Personally I'd go either a new Mustang, but the depreciation might be a turn off for you :(

Failing that, the E92 M3 ( not E93/E90- no likey for me ) is a fantastic car. That V8 really sings higher up :)

My only gripe is they look a bit boring from behind, and interior is very dull considering how special the car is and the cost of it - Also I think running costs of the services just sucks. I ignore fuel, cause smiles per miles if what matters, and the difference between 20-25 mpg isn't that much anyways.

If you are really wanting to stretch it, BMW M4's are coming in at arond £45k at the moment, so give it some time and you might grab a bargain if you're willing to save up a bit longer?

Please let us know what you go for in the end :)

Just my £0.02, but the Maserati's and other exotic/high end cars (Aston/Porsche etc) are too expensive to run on a budget of £35k, the BMW should be a bit better but still damn harsh on the old wallet :(

if you're considering an M3 with a V8, get an M6 with a V10 :D £25k buys a minter, and leaves a £5k fund for servicing/sports exhaust.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201511218875453?model=m6&make=bmw&page=1&price-to=30000&sort=pricedesc&postcode=OX16%205DB&radius=1501&search-target=usedcars&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&logcode=p

whats not to like, 5litre V10 revving to 8000rpm and making 500bhp. nothing short of a GTR will top that figure, but the beemer will be a far nicer place to sit, and sound better (unless you like tyre roar and turbocharger noises)

• Like 2

Not a single person has called mine anything other than an M3 since I bought it :lol:

I dont know if thats a good or bad thing, same as the numerous threads on here where people think the 350 is something its not, i must have had a handful of people say, is that a Porsche, i think i should badge it back up and avoid the insults ;)

• Like 1

if you're considering an M3 with a V8, get an M6 with a V10 :D £25k buys a minter, and leaves a £5k fund for servicing/sports exhaust.

http://www.autotrade...w,new&logcode=p

whats not to like, 5litre V10 revving to 8000rpm and making 500bhp. nothing short of a GTR will top that figure, but the beemer will be a far nicer place to sit, and sound better (unless you like tyre roar and turbocharger noises)

Good shout actually, if i was going down Ze German route i would much prefer something a little more offbeat :)