v-tec just kicked in .....yo ...... pg21

Bodyboarder81

Adrian , are the gtr's ment to be serviced every 6 months or is it 6k miles?

Yes, budget about £1000-£1200 / year for service, one is only oil and filter.

Really not that expensive to maintain for what the car can do. Let's meet up and I'll take you for a spin if you've never been in one before.

Adrian do you run a warranty on your gtr?

F-type jag

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Again out of my price range :(

I can see myself getting something around the 30k mark with a view of the next car in say 2-3 years being the car i really want . To get a gtr that i would want , they are 45k . Im not quite in a position to be able to comfortably afford that right now . Got to be realistic about these things really !

If i had a garage ( or if all my work equipment didnt take up my workshop space !) i would love to run a lotus / more track focused car . But as it will have to live outside , i couldnt do it .

Appreciate all the feed back and suggestions though :)

My mind is still telling me m3 v8 .......

Looks nice and if I was well into my jap cars I'm sure I'd love it ! But would be wasted on me ! Don't have a clue who Tommy is and to me at least looks like a lot of aftermarket stuff put on a car with a signature on everything and that's about all !

Basically one of the best car tuning companies from Japan. Named after it's two founders. ;)

More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommykaira

• Like 1

So wrong Bodyboarder. Tommy Kaira were one of the few companies licensed by Nissan and others to BUILD their own specification of JDM sportscars. MINES is another.

Owning one of these is a MASSIVE deal - it's proper unicorn stuff.

• Like 4

So wrong Bodyboarder. Tommy Kaira were one of the few companies licensed by Nissan and others to BUILD their own specification of JDM sportscars. MINES is another.

Owning one of these is a MASSIVE deal - it's proper unicorn stuff.

Fair enough ......... Still dont like them though ;)

• Like 2

I'm not a skyline fanboi, because mines & tommyk did a line of Toyotas, Mitsubishis, Suzuki's, own-builds (lookup Zz1 & Zz2). These cars were the pinnacle of non-standard perfection.

All I'm suggesting is a brief period of ownership of an illustrious tuner-built car that would provide more in respect of experience & bragging rights than an M3, Porsche GT or other mass produced sports car will.

Its your money man, only reason I didn't buy a TK zz2 or Mines built car is because the 380 came up first. :-)

Happy hunting

• Like 1

As i said, i appreciate what it is, i am familiar with Tommy, i almost bought an Evo6 Tommy, but not a chance in hell i would pay £40k for it and for this model, a tommy skyline, you would have to be a fanboi of either to want it :)

I am not criticising it by any means, just not for me.

Edited by Jetpilot