Chris Evans not able to handle high speeds whilst filming top gear???

Anything like his style in EVO? Or more factual?

Not read him in EVO but it's like someone sitting down with you and a pint and telling you how they went from old TG and onto new TG and the success that came with that. It's a lot about the process of planning it, generating and rejecting ideas, scripting (yes it is scripted) and making the show. It's light on specific anecdotes (so far) and don't expect any revelations.

• Like 1

Always thought he was a useless prick, this just confirms it.

Yeah, coz TFI Friday, Big Breakfast and Dont Forget Your Toothbrush all bombed didnt they?

Oh, and his Radio 2 show has just under 10m listeners, the highest for any radio show ever ......... when will this guy realise he needs to stop with the failures?

Edited by docwra
  • Like 6

I am not a fan and never have been, but genuinely cant help feel a little bit sorry for the guy, its like he has been handed a poison chalice.

As for the media, any chance to jump on Clarkson they did (in most cases fairly) and now any chance to jump on the person that replaces him because Jc was so awful to them, they do, gutter journalism at its best.

I must confess to not feeling 100% after Tony Higgins took me through a forest stage in Wales and that was just in a Forest Experience School Astra, by no means a WRC car :lol: . Having said that, it was deeply impressive at the same time. It also convinced me that I should go down the tarmac rallying route instead (which didn't come to anything either).

Passengered around a forest stage at Phil Price Rally School in a tuned Scooby which I found quite exhilarating, although I had done some stage/ road rallying in the past at club level.

However, I would hate to be looking down reading pace notes as I'd end up doing this :yuck:

Navigating on rallies in my early years of motorsport got me used to being thrown around and not throwing up myself and have to say that when the opportunties arose to be taken round tracks by Pro drivers or what I have seen as very competent drivers, I just love every minute.

But when in a car and you know the driver is shall we say er, wanting in the driving depatment, then I look forward to an early end to the drive as rather than enjoying the drive I tense up as not being able to relax is a sure recipe to not feeling well!!

• Like 1

It astonishes me more there's enough halfwits out there who keep buying them in enough numbers to make it a viable business.

Actually, astonishes isn't the right word. Terrifies. It terrifies me.

Women love gossip and scandal, not saying women are halfwits of course, but they do seem to revel in it, like soaps, reality tv etc

It astonishes me more there's enough halfwits out there who keep buying them in enough numbers to make it a viable business.

Women love gossip and scandal, not saying women are halfwits of course, but they do seem to revel in it, like soaps, reality tv etc

So what you're saying is; 'Women are halfwits'?

Would have agreed with you once upon a time Jetpilot, until I joined this forum that is. Now after 2 years, I'm convinced that most soaps are watched by men (the constant Eastenders thread, need I say more) and gossip & scandal was invented for you guys to have something to chat about all day!

• 3 weeks later...

I always liked Matt le blanc so hopefully it will dumb down my dislike of Evans and make the show a bit more appetising for me, given how Chris Harris has closed his patreon account he must be announced as the new name shortly by the Beeb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35490238?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Did anyone listen to Matt's Radio1 interview not too long ago? Talking slowly in the same tone, spaced out, he literally sounded exhausted the whole time? I was bored senseless :shrug: Guess he's just older and wiser now

Be interesting to see how this pans out on screen.

British humour and American humour don't really mix too well...

James May had dull monotone boring approach to everything...Hammond was the feisty little fella...Clarkson the power mad oath - they all 'played' their role.

I watched an old Top Gear yesterday, and tried to understand why I enjoyed it. It wasn't really the presenters, the cinematography and cars were amazing though, as long as they keep up the high quality (and cost) I can imagine it will be fine - and we are all winners out of this, we now have two car shows competing against one another, I don't want either to fail as healthy competition will simply lead to more effort put into each show which will only benefit the audiences.

I always liked Matt le blanc so hopefully it will dumb down my dislike of Evans and make the show a bit more appetising for me, given how Chris Harris has closed his patreon account he must be announced as the new name shortly by the Beeb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35490238?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Be good to see Chris Harris on there...

May make it worth watching again with some genuine substance and facts..

CH definitely has a likeable personality, seems like one of the lads and his reporting style is easy on the ear, just concerned he will be moulded in his style by the producers, I.e if a car is seriously fast he doesnt hold back with some colourful description, certainly wont get that on tv.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/meet-your-new-top-gear-presenters

We are very proud to announce that racing driver Sabine Schmitz, YouTube star Chris Harris, F1 pundit Eddie Jordan and motoring journalist Rory Reid will join Chris Evans, Matt LeBlanc and of course, The Stig, when the show returns in May.