Cayman R Sold.......Replacement Landed Today!

Sarnie

Could be free motoring for you...

Thats the plan really.

I nearly got enticed into a new 570s but looking at the depreciation curves of the 12c (my car listed at £206k!!!) and the 650s they both lost £30-£40k a year initially!! Hopefully the 12c is on a steady depreciation curve now.......personally I can't ever see them dropping below the values of older stuff out there like 430's, pre-LP Gallardo's etc..............but you never know I suppose!

• Like 1

Hope you got a good mortgage deal for that....... :p

A dream for most of us on here but wow, credit to you for stepping into true super car league. But having teased us with a little snippet of the Macca be great to see some more pics and info on the car and hear about your reasoning for that choice with so many other great cars at that money. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Was not to sure on the colour initially but those last two pictures have certainly changed my mind. Love the colour!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's actually really hard to capture the true colour......in most pictures it looks a little pale/pastel/washed out..........a bit like Temper Orange........but in the flesh it's a much deeper, darker orange :)

• Like 1

Thats the plan really.

I nearly got enticed into a new 570s but looking at the depreciation curves of the 12c (my car listed at £206k!!!) and the 650s they both lost £30-£40k a year initially!! Hopefully the 12c is on a steady depreciation curve now.......personally I can't ever see them dropping below the values of older stuff out there like 430's, pre-LP Gallardo's etc..............but you never know I suppose!

Also bear in mind that a lot of the early niggles have been ironed out with retrofit upgrades too which is great. It hasn't dated one jot despite being five years old either, I find the 12c pretty much indistinguishable from the 650 and 570. Good call on the colour too, is it volcano orange?

12cv3.jpg

All I have for now!!

Just wondering, ...does it have a "pop" up type spoiler then as it looks like it might in this picture above. :dry::shrug:

If so what speeds that set to come up at?

I know it's sad but I always found that type of thing pretty cool since I first saw it on a Porsche years ago when I was younger. :blush:

A bit "007 James Bond" sort of I think. B):lol:

Thats the plan really.

Also bear in mind that a lot of the early niggles have been ironed out with retrofit upgrades too which is great. It hasn't dated one jot despite being five years old either, I find the 12c pretty much indistinguishable from the 650 and 570. Good call on the colour too, is it volcano orange?

Yep, all the upgrades have been carried out on this car including the remap to take the BHP from 598 to 616 :)

The colour is McLaren Orange, the same that they used on the F1. Volcano Orange is almost the same as the Sunset Orange on the zed :thumbs:

• Like 2

12cv3.jpg

All I have for now!!

Just wondering, ...does it have a "pop" up type spoiler then as it looks like it might in this picture above. :dry::shrug:

If so what speeds that set to come up at?

I know it's sad but I always found that type of thing pretty cool since I first saw it on a Porsche years ago when I was younger. :blush:

A bit "007 James Bond" sort of I think. B):lol:

It's actually the opposite, it's an air brake and part of the active aero.

It springs straight up in the air when you are braking hard, so much so, you can't see anything in the rear mirror :scare:

Thats the plan really.

From behind I can't tell the 650 and the 12c apart, but from the front I can.

The 570 is different all round.

In pictures the 12c looks a bit more dated than the 650, but in the flesh... phwoar!

Good point on the depreciation, at circa £130k these are "bargains" if you will, have a look at prices of 2 month old 650s and you can buy a full spec 370z for the depreciation!!!

• Like 1

Took a few more pics, think the colour is a bit more like the reality in the flesh in the first pics. The rest of pics I've tried to take are of the full carbon engine bay and the carbon & alcantara of the cabin :)

WP_20160110_15_39_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20160110_15_41_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20160110_15_43_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20160110_15_48_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20160110_15_48_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20160110_15_49_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20160110_15_47_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20160110_15_42_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20160110_15_40_47_Pro.jpg

:)

Edited by Sarnie
  • Like 9

Sarnie, what a wonderful car, it looks fantastic. I think it's known on the forum regards your knowledge and skill in terms of your area of expertise. Plus you clearly put in the effort in terms of hours. So good for you, you've certainly earned it.

Very wise purchase in my view, I don't think you'll lose money. Even if there's a blip in the market, I think this will always prove to be a decent investment.......and a hell of a lot of fun too! :D

• Like 1

It's actually the opposite, it's an air brake and part of the active aero.

It springs straight up in the air when you are braking hard, so much so, you can't see anything in the rear mirror :scare:

That's actually even cooler than a pop up spoiler. B)

Looking at the pictures above you can really see the quality, ...the stitching, carbon, buttons, ...just all looks amazing. :cloud9::thumbs:

• Like 1

Nice purchase Liam! A supercar for the discerning petrolheadr. I'll have one in black or the volcano orange or red please!

You must be in seventh heaven I should think!!!! Hope you can make it to a meet this year so we can get up close and personal or bag a px ride😎.

• Like 1

It's actually really hard to capture the true colour......in most pictures it looks a little pale/pastel/washed out..........a bit like Temper Orange........but in the flesh it's a much deeper, darker orange :)

That is a very nice colour . . but then I am a fan of anything bright orange :stir:

:lol:

• Like 1