Your favourite tv comedy one-liner

Toon Chris

Just as a bit of fun, what comedy one-liner still makes you laugh every time you remember it?

I'll start of with one that's a little obscure:

Kath and Kim (aussie sitcom). Kath Day's fiancee Kel Knight proposes to her with the classically unromantic line of 'Let me turn your Day into Knight'.

Still makes me chuckle now :)

Police man from 'allo' allo

"good moaning. I was pi**ing by the door when I heard a gun sh*t. "

Love trigger's lines in only fools and horses..... Such as having the same broom for over 20 years..." 17 new heads and 14 new handles"

Edited by Sam Mcgoo
  • Like 3

Not quite one line and probably not my favourite, but I watched it recently and forgot how fantastic it is.

"You can start by wiping that ****ing dumb-ass smile off your rosey, ****ing, cheeks! And you can give me a ****ing automobile: a ****ing Datsun, a ****ing Toyota, a ****ing Mustang, a ****ing Buick! Four ****ing wheels and a seat!

Car Rental Agent: I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me.

And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of ****ing nowhere with ****ing keys to a ****ing car that isn't ****ing there. And I really didn't care to ****ing walk, down a ****ing highway, and across a ****ing runway to get back here to have you smile in my ****ing face. I want a ****ing car RIGHT ****ING NOW!"

:lol:

• Like 2

"Back of the net!"

"Smell my cheese!"

"It's alright, I'm not retreating, Pat's tugging me off"

"Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan!, Dan!, ....Dan, Dan, Dan, DAN, DAN!, DAN!!, DAN!!, ....uh oh he's not seen me I'll get him later, ....DAAANNN!"

• Like 2

"Back of the net!"

"Smell my cheese!"

"It's alright, I'm not retreating, Pat's tugging me off"

"Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan!, Dan!, ....Dan, Dan, Dan, DAN, DAN!, DAN!!, DAN!!, ....uh oh he's not seen me I'll get him later, ....DAAANNN!"

"They're sex people, Lynn!"

• Like 1

An episode of Red Dwarf called Queeg where the crew get treated like slaves by the ships computer Holly's replacement Queeg, Holly challenges Queeg and loses so has to get deleted. He disappears from the screens in a sad moment, the crew can't imagine their now future tormented life under Queeg, then Queeg disappears and Holly appears again and says 'We are talking Jape of the century, we are talking April May June and August fool, yes I am Queeg. And the morale of the story is don't take for granted what you got, because basically Im fantastic'

• Like 4

Well seen as everyone above isn't strictly sticking to the 1 liner bit, I love the only fools and horses sketch when they're driving to France:

Rodney: What's your favourite French food Del?

Delboy: Duck a l'orange, I wish I knew how to order it in French.

Rodney: Canard.

Delboy: I know, it's really 'ck n 'ard!

Rodney: No! Duck, it's Canard in French.

Delboy: Oh! Now I just need to know how to say a l'orange in French then.

I sat down and watched that episode on Xmas morning last year whilst waiting for Jo to get ready, she wondered why I was laughing my head off downstairs! :lol:

one of my faves!

WOMBLES!!!!

Eddie, would it scar you for life If I told you they were just puppets?

• Like 1