Not one of ours I hope (350/Quad bike crash)

Ricey

So 3 people on a quad, after midnight, on the road, collide with a car and the people in the CAR that get arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving?

Give over!! :lol:

It now seems the Zed ran into the rear of the quad bike (it collided with the quad bike) and there have now been 4 deaths. Come on guys let's show some commone sense. None of us were there so let's wait and see what the facts are and stop jumping to conclusions

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-leeds-34373237

If the car hit the rear of the quad that does change things a little, however, it wasn't a road registered quad, so I'm guessing it had no lights. Of course it's a shame that anyone lost their lives, but I doubt theres much any of us could do if we rounded a corner at the speed limit (60mph) and encountered a quad doing 30 ish.

A harrowing reminder of the potential consequences of being a road user ... and a reminder of the massive responsibilities we all take on when we get behind the wheel of any vehicle ... to ourselves our loved ones and the lives and loved ones of others ... sobering stuff ...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Terrible news :(

I just don't see how something like that can be an accident. Someone had to be being an absolute idiot there, one way or another.

As far as the law goes for the Police there is no such thing as an accident. They are all road traffic collisions.

Spoke to a copper about this recently.

This is a shame, I spotted it on the news this morning and i've had a few "Not one of your lot i hope" from the lads at work this morning.

I'm stunned that four are dead with the quad? you can't fit four people on one quad can you?

So four people dead, Were all 4 on the unregistered quad bike in the middle of the night on a main road? Sounds like natural selection to me.

But this was a Darwinian Award for quad bikes:-

http://www.dailymail...0mph-train.html

Quads need taken off the road, we have some that drive past us and it's just stupidly unsafe.

How are road quads unsafe? They offer the same protection as motorcycles. I believe helmets should be a legal requirement if they aren't already, though.

So four people dead, Were all 4 on the unregistered quad bike in the middle of the night on a main road? Sounds like natural selection to me.

But this was a Darwinian Award for quad bikes:-

http://www.dailymail...0mph-train.html

Quads need taken off the road, we have some that drive past us and it's just stupidly unsafe.

How are road quads unsafe? They offer the same protection as motorcycles. I believe helmets should be a legal requirement if they aren't already, though.

Because Quad bikes and Motorbikes behave very differently in an accident.

• Like 1

We've all done stupid things when we were kids. It's a tragic loss of very young lives, my thoughts are with the families of those on the quad and those 2 in the car. The survivors will have seen some really harrowing things which will be with them forever.

• Like 1

love the way plod assume it's the 350's fault and publicise that and then in the next breath ask for witnesses , trial by media as usual for this once great country

The guys in the 350Z have been arrested under suspicion of dangerous driving. That's police talk for "we don't know what happened yet so perhaps we should do some of that investigation stuff we've heard about on the tellybox".

There's no assumption at this point, there's just not enough evidence (hence asking for more!) to make any conclusions. There's no charges yet, let alone a trial!

I'm originally from West Yorkshire, and I know for a fact that this road is used by racers and performance enthusiasts, Of course we will learn more from the investigation, but i wouldn't be surprised if the two young 20 year olds were ragging that Zed along with the quad bike, thoughts go out to the families. Stay safe people, road condition are changing now.

4 people on an UNREGISTERED Quad bike.

It shouldn't of been on the road, Kids are kids, we've all done stupid things but I suspect Mr 350Z was enjoying himself.

Maybe a bit of spirited driving, came across a quad bike round a corner that was either not moving or was loading 4 people onto it and blam.

A terrible loss of life, Thats my suspicions but obviously you can only wait for the official reports from the police.

Regardless of who was to blame those two in the Zed wont be able to forget about something like this for the rest of their lives even if they were totally abiding by the laws of the road and they are cleared of any wrong doings.

Awful thing to have to live with.

My heart goes out to all involved.

• Like 2