Bodybuilding.

TT350

Anyone been watching I'm a celebrity get me out of here? Spencer from Made In Chelsea was on it very briefly then removes for "Addiction to anabolic steroids".

Haha....seriously? How did I miss this gossip? I lurve MIC, it's my secret guilty pleasure lol Spencer is such a bad boy as well ;) He's definitely shaped up as he was a bit chubby a few series ago, although he doesn't look like he's on steroids. More an excuse to get him out of there when he's manicured nails were getting a little grubby haha

Happy to say GVT going very well so far. Can see an increase in size and have also managed to go up on the weight on some exercises. Been doing 60kg squat for 10x10 and thought it move it up a peg to 70kg. Boy do those fives make a big difference when hitting volume! Only managed 4.5 sets and then did the remainder having dropped back to 60kg. Tis hard verk zis GVT ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Who has some tried and tested methods of increasing trap mass?

Varying rows.

I try to hit my lats from all angles so I do wide grip pull down (over hand and underhand grip), close grip pull down (over/under hand)

Wide grip seated pulley row, close grip seated pulley row.

It helped me widen my lats.

Those isolate them but then obviously in a complete routine you should be hitting them indirectly too.

Anyone else ever get "golfers elbow" (not that i ever play golf) or some sort of tendentious in their forearm? Ive never had it before, but have been suffering from it for about 3 weeks now. Its like in your inside elbow. It has stopped me from doing any pull ups or heavy curls and ive no idea why ive suddenly suffering from it, as ive not done any heavy curls/rows or anything you`d have thought might have caused it. It seemed to just startup one day and thats it. Its not affecting bench/shoulder presses and things like that - it just tingles a bit after, but nothing too bad. And I can still do some dumbell curls if im careful with the angle I hold the weight. Deadlifts are fine unless I try to use an alternate grip on the affected arm.

Very frustrating though, as it doesnt seem to be getting any better. Ive just borrowed an elbow sleeve to see if that helps at all as I cant bring myself not to entirely rest it for weeks on end.

Not had that Rabbitstew but Commander is right, maybe you should see someone if you've had it for 3 wks. I'm currently having some weird 'bubble wrap popping' sensation in my elbows when I do push ups. Doesn't hurt but feels a little strange, have been doing lots of push ups on one arm whilst doing weight lifts with the other arm and it seems to have coincided with that. No idea what it is but guessing not serious :)

Edited by Kraziekatz1

I cant bring myself not to entirely rest it for weeks on end.

You're going to have to rest it mate. And keep it supported with an elbow brace. It'll help. Get some diclofenac gel too and apply every day.

I had the same problem after I got sloppy with technique once. I'm ot saying your technique is flawed. Just that it can happen. Rest is needed.

You're going to have to rest it mate. And keep it supported with an elbow brace. It'll help. Get some diclofenac gel too and apply every day.

I had the same problem after I got sloppy with technique once. I'm ot saying your technique is flawed. Just that it can happen. Rest is needed.

Yeah I know what you mean about technique. After pulling a neck muscle many years back doing shoulder presses and also tearing a lower back muscle doing bad deadlifts once im religious about form over weight now, as its just not worth the hassle & lay off from training if you injure yourself through being sloppy.

The only thing I can think is that 2 days before it started hurting I was really pushing the rows very heavy. Maybe I tweaked the forearm then, but it seems strange it only started hurting a couple of days later.

If its not better by new year i`ll see about seeing someone and see what they say. Until then i`ll just take it steady and use lighter weights etc. Gives me chance to concentrate on squats/legs more!

Cheers on the diclofenac gel suggestion, i will get some.

have been doing lots of push ups on one arm whilst doing weight lifts with the other arm

At the same time? :scare: mad!! :)

Edited by rabbitstew

Yeah I know what you mean about technique. After pulling a neck muscle many years back doing shoulder presses and also tearing a lower back muscle doing bad deadlifts once im religious about form over weight now, as its just not worth the hassle & lay off from training if you injure yourself through being sloppy.

The only thing I can think is that 2 days before it started hurting I was really pushing the rows very heavy. Maybe I tweaked the forearm then, but it seems strange it only started hurting a couple of days later.

If its not better by new year i`ll see about seeing someone and see what they say. Until then i`ll just take it steady and use lighter weights etc. Gives me chance to concentrate on squats/legs more!

Cheers on the diclofenac gel suggestion, i will get some.

have been doing lots of push ups on one arm whilst doing weight lifts with the other arm

At the same time? :scare: mad!! :)

Yes at the same time :) You should see my biceps, bigger than The Rock's lol

I've been doing a bit of running, but whilst the weather is like it is..... (say no more)

I'm looking to buy a rower for an all round fitness tool

I'd like to get a concept 2, but at £860, its just too much - so, looking at the £300-£400 mark - any suggestions ?

The York R301 is sort of fitting the bill, but there are a lot of poor reviews on the company and some issues with foot straps (there's also mention of a 302 - but its not listed on Yorks website ?)

I'm sure there will be lots of secondhand 'hardly used' rowers for sale shortly! I've used quite a few and always find the concept 2 one of the best. We've got a Tunturi r610, it's ok if you don't have the space for a flywheel but I don't think I'd buy one again. Have you read this....http://rowingmachine-reviews.co.uk/

Just got back from a much needed 10k run :) Have definitely overindulged the past few days, felt like I was running with a tub of sausage rolls strapped to me lol

• Like 1

I did a 7 miler last weekend - trying to do interval training at the moment as my pace has dropped off

That's why I started doing weights and lots of squats.....my pace hit a wall and wasn't improving, doing more CV didn't help and a friend recommended kettle bells. Saw results pretty fast and now getting a bit addicted, helps with the netball also. Plus, now arguments with OH end quite promptly when I crush him with my thighs lol

In regards to golfer's elbow; all you can do is rest it and ice it. There is no fancy fix for that injury other than to wait it out.It can be quite a slow injury to overcome as well, so sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!

KK, thye sensation you're experiencing may just be two tendons slipping across each other. Don't get complacent with it though - that could be the straw that breaks the camel's back!

• 1 month later...

Im back into this week, suffered some groin sprains and foot injuries from football over last couple of weeks so been missing gym! Still managed an awesome chest set yesterday!

10 x 80kg, 10 x 90kg, 10 x 100kg, 8 x 110kg, 6 x 120kg. (bench press)

then incline, 10 x 30kg x 3, then 10 x 24kg x 3 in between, but very slow and concentrated (dumbells)

then flys with 20's 3 sets of 10

then decline push ups to failure. all i could fit in my hour lunch lol.

Edited by -Bradders-