Bodybuilding.

TT350

I'm currently cycling through GVT a the moment on everything EXCEPT legs. I have an undiagnosed knee injury (suspected ACL damage or Meniscus damage) that's keeping me from doing bodyweight squats so I'm not even going to attempt to load up some weight and give it a go!

Big tip:

Always keep your thumbs wrapped round the bar, dont just use your palms when bench pressing, found out the hard way and dropped 110kg from full arms length onto my chest :D who's a smart boy then lol...

thankfully, i was quick to react and dropped my arms with it and my forearms took most of the damage, after sitting up thinking i was probably going to die due to the crack i heard in my chest, i realised i was actually fine and continued to crack out (no pun intended) 10 whole reps of 110. adrenaline was super high at this point lol. went on to do 120kg for 8 reps, then 130 for 6!!

• Like 1

I warmed up with a 5k run then 15 X squats, 15 X squats with bicep curl, 15 X squats with bicep curl then arm extension, 15 X push up with alternate arm pull up, 2 reps of 15 kettle bell swing, 2 X 15 reps of overhead bicep curl.......

All with Erm......cough, 6kg weight lol

In my defence though I'm guessing I weigh considerably less than you guys ;) Plus, I'm not aiming for The Rock!

• Like 1

I did 10x10 flat DB Bench press @ 60kg

Then followed it up with 10x10 Decline Barbell Press @60kg supersetted with 10x10 flat Flyes @30kg.

Not massive weights, but the volume was spot on!

That's the beauty about GVT - don't need to push massive weights! Leave your ego at the door, hit that volume and grow quicker than every other grunt in the gym!

I've still got that deep sore DOMS in my legs and I trained them on Monday!

Had an active rest day yday, so just did some ab work at home.

Today is Gun Day! Will be aiming to superset 10x10 biceps with 10x10 triceps. Not decided on which exercises yet, will decide when I get in lol. Then hit the forearms as finishers!

I warmed up with a 5k run then 15 X squats, 15 X squats with bicep curl, 15 X squats with bicep curl then arm extension, 15 X push up with alternate arm pull up, 2 reps of 15 kettle bell swing, 2 X 15 reps of overhead bicep curl.......

All with Erm......cough, 6kg weight lol

In my defence though I'm guessing I weigh considerably less than you guys ;) Plus, I'm not aiming for The Rock!

That's still a decent workout! Don't worry about what other people think - you're training for you, not for them!

Then followed it up with 10x10 Decline Barbell Press @60kg supersetted with 10x10 flat Flyes @30kg.

That's the beauty about GVT - don't need to push massive weights! Leave your ego at the door, hit that volume and grow quicker than every other grunt in the gym!

I've still got that deep sore DOMS in my legs and I trained them on Monday!

Had an active rest day yday, so just did some ab work at home.

Today is Gun Day! Will be aiming to superset 10x10 biceps with 10x10 triceps. Not decided on which exercises yet, will decide when I get in lol. Then hit the forearms as finishers!

I'm going for a cheeky drive tomorrow so may have to squeeze in shoulders and arms together today. I was going to do 10x10 of Twist Bicep Curls straight into Shoulder press in one movement. Only downside is that the shoulders won't have anywhere near as much weight as they should..

A person who can bench press with 60kg dumbells is a very strong person.

I've had chippy every day for the past 5 weeks :(

Also not been to the gym in that time either.

Xmas is coming - it's not gonna get any better :(

Flibbety flobbety

Sounds like you need someone to whip you into shape, boy lol

Injury? Or just not had time? I hate it if I can't exercise for a bit, particular if the diet slips as well. If it's any consolation I had a massive birthday 'junk food' tea last night, plus a curry earlier in the week.....feeling bad :(

Glad you said that! Was thinking wtf, that's like bench pressing me! Even when I used to do serious weights at the gym I think I never got past 27kg lol

Glad you said that! Was thinking wtf, that's like bench pressing me! Even when I used to do serious weights at the gym I think I never got past 27kg lol

managed 3 reps with the 50's at my best so yes the 60's are indeed a good weight :ninja:

That's definitely 60kg in total, not each dumbell! I'm not the Hulk's bastard child....

• Like 1

Strong person at DB bench... I'm more impressed with squats and deadlifts! ;):p

Edited by wmr1980

• 2 weeks later...

managed 3 reps with the 50's at my best so yes the 60's are indeed a good weight :ninja:

That's definitely 60kg in total, not each dumbell! I'm not the Hulk's bastard child....

I used to do the 60s for 4 sets of 8. Wouldn't be able to now. :(

Anyone been watching I'm a celebrity get me out of here? Spencer from Made In Chelsea was on it very briefly then removes for "Addiction to anabolic steroids".

Yeah I read that, but looking at the guy, his physique doesnt look anything different to most other guys who might casually go to the gym and certainly not at the level you`d need to start taking roids to get any bigger. Im guessing he took them as a quick way to try and get a bit into shape before entering knowing that there would be plenty of opportunities to get his shirt off and get some publicity. As for being addicted to them, find that hard to believe, unless he was so paranoid about loosing what muscle he had that psychologically he just couldnt bring himself to stop taking them.

• Like 2

You must have been on the gear lol.

• Like 1