Bodybuilding.

TT350

I had a really nice shake at the gym. I never usually pay 3 quid for a one shot after a workout but that day I thought why not.

Was protein and carbs so was nice and sweet. I forget the name though. Useful eh.

For you veggies, baked beans are good source of protein. 20g a tin.

For breakfast I have 4 slices Allison batch (24g protein) tin of beans (20g) 4 fried eggs (20-24g)

About 1100 calories.

I've gone off cutting. It sucks. Plus it's winter soon. Insulation.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

I had a really nice shake at the gym. I never usually pay 3 quid for a one shot after a workout but that day I thought why not.

Was protein and carbs so was nice and sweet. I forget the name though. Useful eh.

For breakfast I have 4 slices Allison batch (24g protein) tin of beans (20g) 4 fried eggs (20-24g)

About 1100 calories.

I go for the Heinz 5 beans - slightly higher in protein if I remember! Taste goood as well!

About 1100 calories.

I go for the Heinz 5 beans - slightly higher in protein if I remember! Taste goood as well!

Branston beans all the way for me. So superior on taste and texture to heinz. The sauce is thicker by far.

Problem with baked beans is that they are loaded with sugar.

Eggs are one of the most bio-available protein available, believe it or not beef is not that bio available (you get 23g in an 85g steak - but that's not a bad thing as you get other micro nutrients), but is "complete" i.e. it contains all of the essential amino acids (basically what protein is. non essential and essential AAs). Essential amino acids are proteins that cannot be manufactured by our bodies and therefore creates a requirement for them in our diet, while non-essential amino acids can be manufactured by our bodies.

Bioavailability represents the percentage of how much our bodies can make use of certain protein sources. Our bodies and are able to absorb some proteins better than others and also certain sources will provide a higher amino acid profile.

One thing about whey protein is that it is the most bio available protein out there - until you add crap to it like sweetners and flavouring and milk etc... Though isolate is the best - but the most expensive as it removes a lot of the dairy side of the whey.

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 1

About 1100 calories.

Ah, the most common rookie mistake!

The body cannot absorb that much protein in one sitting, so you'll just end up shitting the bulk of it out!

Excellent bit of info, Wmr. I've also heard that casein is a better choice of supp for anytime protein (even though it is primarily marketed as an overnight suuplement).

About 1100 calories.

Ah, the most common rookie mistake!

The body cannot absorb that much protein in one sitting, so you'll just end up shitting the bulk of it out!

Excellent bit of info, Wmr. I've also heard that casein is a better choice of supp for anytime protein (even though it is primarily marketed as an overnight suuplement).

I'm not a noob. I've been lifting and learning for 16 years.

I know the body can only absorb about 35-40g protein in one sitting.

I just love a good big breakfast.

Edited by TT350

The 30g limit is a bit of myth that's been propagated by the supplements industry so that you can take more shakes to "spread the protein intake".

Your protein intake should be based on your training / amount of lean body mass / goals. Also the more trained you are the less protein you may need as your requirements for "fixing" your muscles decreases. Hypertrophy requires more protein clearly. Also it is important to note that different proteins are absorbed at different rates.

If you were to take more than 30g - the amount of protein synthesis may be a bit of bell curve, but you still digest and utilise the protein, some of it may be turned to glycogen instead of being used for muscle repair, but 60g in one go is still perfectly fine.

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Reviving a semi-old thread here :)

Had some time off after comp and into off season training now. Started GVT today with legs...10x10 squats followed by 10x10 hamstring curls and then supplemented with lunges and calves.

Had to give myself some downtime before I could drive home from the gym :lol:

Bring on the DOMS!

Edited by chirag1988
  • Like 1