Bodybuilding.

TT350

Yep still at it. Making fairly good progress. Wifes booked a holiday in April so am trying to use that as a target date atm although its only a couple of months away. Have been meeting my goals for 2016 so far, been putting on 1lb a week nicely, keeping strict form and pushing it hard. I have also started running again a couple of weeks back, although with it being -4 some mornings its not been great fun out running at 6am in that weather.

Have been struggling with finding the spare time though this last 2 weeks due to housework/family stuff, so workout timings havent been ideal, but hopefully things will be better this next week.

• Like 1

any of you following Rich Piana's clips on youtube for 30 pounds gains? some good tips there.... but I suspect most want just to tone up :teeth:

Yeah ive seen a few of them. His "cycle" though is pretty immense. He seems a marmite kinda character, but I occasionally watch some of this stuff. Have you seen "Under Construction" with Dave Crosland, thats pretty interesting.

I know of Dave Crossland. I was one of the original members of Testosterone Muscle where he has his journals etc. Splintered off from disgruntled UKMuscle members who decides to make their own site. A few of us at UKMuscle got invited to be part of it.

I don't know why he's trying to be as big as possible at the cost of everything else.

Also roids won't automatically make you big. You still need to lift heavy to force muscle to adapt and grow. It's all exactly the same principle as non chemically enhanced training. You lift heavy, you eat excess calories and nutrients. You grow, just quicker and beyond what's 'naturally' possible for your specific genetics.

Taking roids alone and neglecting the other parts of a comprehensive weight lifting regime and diet won't yield any results.

That said, a natural guy training the way someone trains while on roids would probably be overtraining.

also i just searched that rich guy... surely you dont take advice from someone like that unless you're roided up to your eyeballs yourself? he dont even look good lol! way too many roids! CT fletcher is someone you wanna listen to lol

he is one I usually watch but seen programs and tips from many...I also watch close Sadik Hadzovic and Ryan Terry but it annoys me as they don't give free tips ussualy....great physiques though...also put it this way-even if I want I will never be like Rich but I am picking up some tips form his vids and keeps me motivated...meet the guy twice and he is indeed massive...i am 32 now and should have started way younger to get to that stage ...bit like Bostin Lloydwatch his 1 year transformation on steroids

I personally don't use steroids although I have thought about and been offered many times...got nothing against them but I don't have enough knowledge about them in order to do cycles and not really interested...

Edited by valy

any of you following Rich Piana's clips on youtube for 30 pounds gains? some good tips there.... but I suspect most want just to tone up :teeth:

Yeah ive seen a few of them. His "cycle" though is pretty immense. He seems a marmite kinda character, but I occasionally watch some of this stuff. Have you seen "Under Construction" with Dave Crosland, thats pretty interesting.

not but I'll have a look :thumbs:

Anyone else ever get "golfers elbow" (not that i ever play golf) or some sort of tendentious in their forearm? Ive never had it before, but have been suffering from it for about 3 weeks now. Its like in your inside elbow. It has stopped me from doing any pull ups or heavy curls and ive no idea why ive suddenly suffering from it, as ive not done any heavy curls/rows or anything you`d have thought might have caused it. It seemed to just startup one day and thats it. Its not affecting bench/shoulder presses and things like that - it just tingles a bit after, but nothing too bad. And I can still do some dumbell curls if im careful with the angle I hold the weight. Deadlifts are fine unless I try to use an alternate grip on the affected arm.

Very frustrating though, as it doesnt seem to be getting any better. Ive just borrowed an elbow sleeve to see if that helps at all as I cant bring myself not to entirely rest it for weeks on end.

I have just about recovered from hurting the same area... was done during bb squats.

Basically for me, I think I had my grip too close whilst it was low in a low bar position on my back. I've switched to a wide grip following what this chap advised:

• Like 1

I don't know why he's trying to be as big as possible at the cost of everything else.

that is pretty much everything he is and does...his 5% brand is very popular and he just wants to boost that with a crazy physique and anything else he does

using some of his supplements and they're quite good :thumbs:

as to Dave Crossland I only just watched his movie trailer but he is just big....not much shape :blink:

I know of Dave Crossland. I was one of the original members of Testosterone Muscle where he has his journals etc. Splintered off from disgruntled UKMuscle members who decides to make their own site. A few of us at UKMuscle got invited to be part of it.

Also roids won't automatically make you big. You still need to lift heavy to force muscle to adapt and grow. It's all exactly the same principle as non chemically enhanced training. You lift heavy, you eat excess calories and nutrients. You grow, just quicker and beyond what's 'naturally' possible for your specific genetics.

Taking roids alone and neglecting the other parts of a comprehensive weight lifting regime and diet won't yield any results.

That said, a natural guy training the way someone trains while on roids would probably be overtraining.

Actually, I remember reading a case study with four groups of participants, 2 on Roids, 2 natural.

With all diets being the same varying on body weight.

Group 1 - Natural, not working out.

Group 2 - Weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate and Not working out

Group 3 - Natural following a regular gym routine

Group 4 - Weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate and following the regular gym routine.

If I remember rightly The results were as expected for group 1, no changes, though group 2 who took steroids and did nothing still gained 7lbs of muscle!!, group 3 gained 4lbs which is about right (Pretty good!) For 10 weeks training and Group 4 I think put on about 12lbs

Literally just got home from work so will have to find a link to the study and get back to you...

I remember reading a case study with four groups of participants, 2 on Roids, 2 natural.

I remember reading that, too.

I was talking from personal experiences.

I hope they took into account bodyfat percentage etc.

i know of course they wont make you instantly big, but you can still lift say 12kg dumbells enough to get you a burn, which is the muscle pumping which with the roids is enough to push it to grow lol, i can curl 26kg dumbells comfortably, my arms are puney lol.

I'm just getting back into it again having got back from Vegas. Doing just standard 10,8,6,4 rep ranges to build my strength back up a bit. Did Y3T for quite some time last year as well as GVT but GVT tends to get a bit boring after a while. I think I may give FST7 a try next to see how that goes.

Also diet-wise I'm currently doing intermittent fasting with a feeding window between 2.30pm-10.30pm, and it seems to be working! Strength getting better, more flexibility with what I can eat, but keeping fat levels under control :)

Will start dieting properly or throw in cardio to get those shreds starting in May to get ready for my stag ;)

as to Dave Crossland I only just watched his movie trailer but he is just big....not much shape :blink:

Theres a pic if you google of Dave chatting to Rich at some expo. He makes Rich look like a midget in comparison to him. But yeah, Rich is more of a bodybuilder shape, but Dave appears to be about getting big. Either way, I enjoyed his movie and it certainly gave me some motivation in the gym.

Theres a pic if you google of Dave chatting to Rich at some expo. He makes Rich look like a midget in comparison to him. But yeah, Rich is more of a bodybuilder shape, but Dave appears to be about getting big. Either way, I enjoyed his movie and it certainly gave me some motivation in the gym.

tumblr_n5osppDREB1sk9zn1o1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

i know of course they wont make you instantly big, but you can still lift say 12kg dumbells enough to get you a burn, which is the muscle pumping which with the roids is enough to push it to grow lol, i can curl 26kg dumbells comfortably, my arms are puney lol.

The burn is lactic acid building up as you lift.

The thing that makes you grow is microtears in the muscle. Your body repairs it bigger and stronger.

Currently in get lean mode.

I've begun working out first thing before any food. Usually takes around an hour to an hour and a half for the weights then 2 hours cardio split into 30 mins incline walk, 30 mins cross trainer, 30 mins bike and 30 mins row.

Sticking to 2000cal per day.

Should get lean in no time. Then bring on summer!

Man. Cutting sucks bottom.

Nows the time to start though for summer. Don't get to a month before that beach holiday then hammer it. Be prepared.

Currently eating on a daily basis basa, chicken breast, lean beef frying steak and lean pork medallions. Some steamed veg like asparagus, cabbage leek and broccoli. Direct source of carbs from rice and noodles.

Thank God for herbs and spices. Rice with fajita spices mixed in and a touch of salt is nice. Schwarz do a good range.

Eggs I cannot eat any more. I've had them in bulk. Dry fried, boiled, poached, scrambled.

I have a sausage meat grinder. Think I may make my own lean turkey sausages. Just need some skin cases.

I make my own chicken burgers. Just throw a few breasts in a food processor and give it a good blast. Form into patties and coat in breadcrumbs or keep plain. Then bake or grill.