Bodybuilding.

TT350

I deffo eat the wrong diet! Olly how long did that transformation take? im kind mid way between sizes in your first and second pic but without the abs lol i got like 4 small abs rocking at the top

Hey buddy! Took me 2-3 years, with a lot of trials and fails 😅 I do diet plans etc for a lot of clients in my spare time if anybody needs anything of the sort.

Saw some people saying something about multivits.... I would say multivits are just an essential, nevertheless, the amount of varied veg, fruit and meat you would have to consume and the amount, it just isn't worth it for the sake of 1 tablet in the morning.

And anybody with structure issues for example weak bones, tennis elbow etc, I suffered with this, a tablet called 'glucosamine sulphate' and a good fish oil sorted me right out :)

Olly

Sounds like my kinda guy lol. I competed in Men's Physique for UKBFF last September (some pics on here on the earlier pages of my progress)

Currently doing intermittent fasting and seeing increased strength but less fat build up, and then will start to carb-cycle and add in cardio from May to get ready for end of July stag do :)

I was thinking about it this year! But I know a lot friends who participate, so I know what the competition looks like, so I will probably take 1 more year to bulk up a bit ! How did you get on? Have to hit me up on Facebook dude! :)

Olly

• 1 month later...

Quiet in here.

I've been adding plenty of muscle mass but fat loss is kinda stalled.

I've not been dieting as such just portion control.

I might kickstart fat loss by dropping calories and more cardio.

Gf had 3 tins of slim fast powder unopened. I've been using them but doubling up on scoops which gives about 450 cal and 36g protein. Carbs in it are all sugar.

Taste good though.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

I've started cutting. I'm off to turkey in June so want my 8 pack back. Lol. Promise I used to have one!

Im not eating the 3 bars of choc a day cut out sweets and unnessasary sugar. I've gone from 93kg to 88 in just a week. Also started cardio but feel I'm losing strength and muscle how can I stop that but not gain fat?

How's the best way to measure body fat %?

I've been off the gym for 3 months now and I'm getting fat :( I want lean gains though and I'm worried about getting a bigger belly so don't like to eat as much.

I've used azad fitness training for program and noticed a difference. Great guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've started cutting. I'm off to turkey in June so want my 8 pack back. Lol. Promise I used to have one!

Im not eating the 3 bars of choc a day cut out sweets and unnessasary sugar. I've gone from 93kg to 88 in just a week. Also started cardio but feel I'm losing strength and muscle how can I stop that but not gain fat?

Anaerobic exercise. In other words low intensity such as a fast walk on treadmill. Your body will use energy from glycogen and fat then. When you start getting out of breath you're doing Aerobic exercise then.

Unfortunately with anaerobic exercise you have to do more of it because it burns less calories overall. But the payoff is that the calories you DO burn are all fat and not precious muscle.

An hour fast walk before food in the morning really works.

How's the best way to measure body fat %?

I've been off the gym for 3 months now and I'm getting fat :( I want lean gains though and I'm worried about getting a bigger belly so don't like to eat as much.

I've used azad fitness training for program and noticed a difference. Great guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skin fold caliper test that measures from more than just chest, triceps and stomach.

Read my previous post on here about lean gains :) Also download a calorie counter app.

Anaerobic exercise. In other words low intensity such as a fast walk on treadmill. Your body will use energy from glycogen and fat then. When you start getting out of breath you're doing Aerobic exercise then.

Unfortunately with anaerobic exercise you have to do more of it because it burns less calories overall. But the payoff is that the calories you DO burn are all fat and not precious muscle.

Aerobic - using oxygen

Anaerobic - without (like weight training)

Just so you know I think you got a little muddled up there.

Aerobic - using oxygen

Anaerobic - without (like weight training)

Just so you know I think you got a little muddled up there.

No I didn't. Notice how I said "when you're getting out of breath (using more oxygen) you're doing Aerobic exercise.

I opened up with "anaerobic exercise" low intensity (not using oxygen).

Don't know how you came to that conclusion.

Edited by TT350

Really confusing info on the Web.

"Aerobic = oxygen needed"

"Anaerobic = oxygen not needed"

When I'm lifting weights, I don't get out of breath. This leads me to think I'm doing anaerobic.

If I'm running flat out on treadmill, I need gulps of oxygen. That's Aerobic?

Confused.com.

Anyway I know weight training and low intensity cardio will see the most calories used from fat and not fat, glycogen and muscle.

My bad on the misinterpretation front.

If you're running flat out then you start to use anaerobic respiration. The gasping for air is because you've maxed your aerobic capacity.

Aerobic respiration utilises fat reserves and oxygen and is a more efficient form of respiration, but is limited in terms of power output. High power output is where anaerobic respiration comes in, which burns the (very limited) stores of energy in your muscles. Weight lifting is anaerobic and depletes the glycogen stores in your muscles, hence the emphasis on consuming simple carbs soon after a workout to stop your body eating your muscles instead.

• Like 1

So finished my off season last week and in a transition week this week. Deloading from Monday till today, complete rest from tomorrow till Sunday and then gonna start Y3T from bank holiday Monday combined with sprints post workout and intermittent fasting feeding schedule. 12wks to get lean, bring on the shreds!

Ive just started using an app called Jefit to keep track of all my workouts. Dunno why I didnt consider using an app before, as its much better than scribbling everything down in various notebooks - all my sets/reps/weights etc.

Anyway, been keeping up with the workouts over the last few months, although ive noticed ive not been able to increase the weights much, if any, and ive not seemed to have the same intensity that I had back in Jan. Im also feeling totally shattered all the time and recovery seems to be taking forever. I think its my current workout routine which isnt helping. Basically ive had no time during the week to workout, so ive been cramming a whole weeks worth of workouts into the weekend, which leaves me on Monday virtually unable to get out of bed as im so knackered and aching. When I can spread the workouts out during the week and have more rest time between them I make more progress.

This next few weeks im going to try and workout every other day, although working out at 8.30 at night after work when your shattered is a bit of a struggle. I also need to review again what supplements are out there to see what can help give me energy & make me recover quicker!

Lost 4.5kg in 8 days! mostly because i've stopped drinking 1l of chocolate milk a day and cut out the 3-4 chocolate bars i used to eat lol!! Now weighing in at 87.9 down from 93 couple weeks ago!

Trying to cut but feel like im gonna lose a lot of muscle too!

drinking 1l of chocolate milk a day and cut out the 3-4 chocolate bars i used to eat lol!!

I thought it was only my wife who did that!!!

Totally addicted to chocolate! lol but have stopped, although i had a belgian waffle yesterday in westfields at lunch with bananas nuts cream and milk chocolate on :lol: but thats my first cheat in 2 weeks!

• Like 2

Ive just started using an app called Jefit to keep track of all my workouts. Dunno why I didnt consider using an app before, as its much better than scribbling everything down in various notebooks - all my sets/reps/weights etc.

Anyway, been keeping up with the workouts over the last few months, although ive noticed ive not been able to increase the weights much, if any, and ive not seemed to have the same intensity that I had back in Jan. Im also feeling totally shattered all the time and recovery seems to be taking forever. I think its my current workout routine which isnt helping. Basically ive had no time during the week to workout, so ive been cramming a whole weeks worth of workouts into the weekend, which leaves me on Monday virtually unable to get out of bed as im so knackered and aching. When I can spread the workouts out during the week and have more rest time between them I make more progress.

This next few weeks im going to try and workout every other day, although working out at 8.30 at night after work when your shattered is a bit of a struggle. I also need to review again what supplements are out there to see what can help give me energy & make me recover quicker!

Unless you're on gear I think the whole week of workouts in a weekend will be taking you backwards mate.

Rest is key. You're asking too much of your body and CNS in one sitting.

• Like 1