Bodybuilding.

TT350

So today marked Day 1 of my 12wk cut - started off with fasted legs session - destructive!!

good luck with that...I am sure you will need some :lol: and don't forget when you are craving... have some water

• Like 1

So today marked my 6th day of missing gym because of this stupid cold I have!!!! I feel weak!!!

Yeah im coming down with that as well atm. Started feeling it Sunday. Aching all over, nose running etc. :(

On the positive side I have managed to spread my workouts out over the week this last week and am feeling loads better for it, having a full days rest to recover between workouts. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Been in the Gym now for about 2 years Natural and im currently weighing in at 185lbs at approx 15-17% bodyfat at 5ft8

Currently in a "cutting phase" trying to drop down to about 10-12% body fat and then lean bulk from there I don't think dropping to single figures is realistic unless prepping for a show which im not

from my personal experience the best advice I can really give is stay consistent and be patient !! if your consistent you will make gains

My Training Split Varied from a typical bro split when i started for the first 6 months and didnt have a ****ing clue what i was doing which to be totally honest I made some gains but nothing like recent but im just putting that down to newbie gains

my latest has been more of a PPL (Push Pull Legs) routine

so:

Chest/Shoulders/Tris

Back/Traps/Bi's

Legs

i would either train p p l then take a day and repeat or follow ppl ppl then take a rest day

I found this to be the most affective really with adding mass ! (for me personally anyway)

Now that im cutting ive changed to a 4 day split

So for me im enjoying

Chest/Shoulders

Legs

Back/traps

Arms

Be more than happy to put up a transformation picture if anyone is interested for motivation

Karl

• Like 1

Quite similar to mine but I add a few more things and an extra set.

Back is wide grip lat pull down 4x8 narrow grip lat pull down 4x8

Seated pulley row wide grip 4x8 narrow grip 4x8

Bent over row 4x8

Rear delt flyes 4x8

Deadlifts 4x8

Back has really come along.

A bicep exercise I'm finding a good addition is seated dumbell curls, palms facing away from me. IE wrists tilted away from body. Really hits inside bicep. Then straight bar curl for allover/middle bicep and hammer curls for outside.

My session for tonight! :teeth:

http://www.bodybuild...ek-1-day-4.html

Bent over row 4x8

Rear delt flyes 4x8

Deadlifts 4x8

A bicep exercise I'm finding a good addition is seated dumbell curls, palms facing away from me. IE wrists tilted away from body. Really hits inside bicep. Then straight bar curl for allover/middle bicep and hammer curls for outside.

I've found 21s with a straight bar at the end of a bicep workout really hits them hard and I've seen good growth after a few weeks of it.

I'm also gonna be doing some HIIT post weights as well to get that fat burning

My session for tonight! :teeth:

http://www.bodybuild...ek-1-day-4.html

Bent over row 4x8

Rear delt flyes 4x8

Deadlifts 4x8

I've found 21s with a straight bar at the end of a bicep workout really hits them hard and I've seen good growth after a few weeks of it.

I'm also gonna be doing some HIIT post weights as well to get that fat burning

have done the 21's as well but a bit different...just 7 sets and each set with 3 different lift stages for bi's...low to mid,mid to top and full movement-7 reps each about 20kg z bar...Phil Heath has a few clips of them on youtube

I don't put any stock into getting a pump by doing loads of reps of a light weight.

Everyone I ever see doing dozens of reps with a light weight are really slender sinuey guys.

I've tried 21's but found all it did was give a good burn/pump.

What helped me get 22" arms (a while ago) apart from dedication, was good ol' heavy ass lifting and a load of food. I was 12% body fat then so wasn't just a load of mass if you know what I mean.

Still, different things work for different people.

• Like 1

Nearing the end of my second week of cutting and already seeing upper abs coming through. Sprints been on the menu after every session and this week rep ranges were between 12-16 depending on exercise. Closing off with shoulders tomorrow then off to watch capt America!

You should keep a separate journal Chirag mate.

Good to read and i back you 100% but I'd rather keep the thread a bit more accessible for noobs and casual lifters alike who might be put off by competition jargon and talk.

I left Testosteronemuscle forum for that reason. It just became about competing and macro splits etc.

• Like 1

I focus on compound lifts three times a week with two isolation sessions. Eat like a caveman and focus on the heavy lifts for size and strength.

You need to calculate your calorie maintenance level and tweek your intake accordingly to prevent gaining unwanted 'bulk'

Carbs before sessions unless you believe in back loading.

• 3 weeks later...

how's everyone's gym sessions going...

I for one managed a few pb's this last week,one of them is inclined dumbbells presses with 55kg :dance: at the moment just 2 reps but will try and build it up

• Like 1

Going through breakup so it's taken a backseat for me. Moved back home. Plus side is its closer to my gym so when I do get the headspace back in a few weeks I'll hit it.

Good for regaining yourself.

Hayfever really taken a turn for the worse this weekend - but will attempt high volume legs session today

Do you find working out helps your hayfever?

I really struggle at the beginning of a workout with my hayfever, but after a little while it's cured :D

Hayfever really taken a turn for the worse this weekend - but will attempt high volume legs session today

Do you find working out helps your hayfever?

I really struggle at the beginning of a workout with my hayfever, but after a little while it's cured :D

It clears up during training but the moment my heart rate settles and I become relaxed it comes right back. Mine is quite a severe case meaning I have to take prescription steroids to combat it :( the stuff off the shelf does absolutely nothing for me, even to the point where I'm taking the "1 a day" tablets 3-4 times a day!