Bodybuilding.

TT350

Do you rate protein powders? I never found it a problem getting 220-300g a day.

Powders taste like ass icicles.

Well with family being veggie I have to use powders at home. I've tried a variety of brands and have to say that USN, PhD and Optimum Nutrition are great :thumbs:

Supplements are a must for us veggies! I kept training to begin with and was just getting smaller, my muscles were just eating themselves away!

Do you rate protein powders? I never found it a problem getting 220-300g a day.

Powders taste like ass icicles.

Well with family being veggie I have to use powders at home. I've tried a variety of brands and have to say that USN, PhD and Optimum Nutrition are great :thumbs:

Supplements are a must for us veggies! I kept training to begin with and was just getting smaller, my muscles were just eating themselves away!

I used to be veggie my whole life (not even eggs) until the age of 18 when I got to uni. My decision to start eating meat (only chicken and fish) was purely based on muscle growth. A few times I've resorted back to being veggie for a month here or there with no "want" to eat meat so I know I can revert back quite easily. But I did find that it made a MASSIVE difference in my training and I made some serious gains.

Nutrition is MUST when weight training.

I hate seeing people in my gym who come in day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year and they look exactly the same! Some group of guys just spend every session on the cables, use poor form, and when you try to give some genuine tips they think they know better!

I used to be that kid in the gym, but I listened to lots of different people and trial and error'd to see what worked best for me. And now I'm 6 days out from facing the biggest fitness challenge of my life and I cannot wait!!

Couple of shots from this morning post HIIT and abs

IMAG1071_edit_1441617270894.jpg

IMAG1070_edit_1441617344250_edit_1441617489056.jpg

• Like 1

I never give advice at the gym even if I'm absolutely dying to and the guys just doing something wild.

Usually barbel curls where they're really swinging it and their elbows are going backwards and forwards and they're doing most of the lifting with their front delts and their back is bending like 30 degrees. Then they plop that 30kg bar down and go "woooooooahhhhh I can feel that"

I do feel like saying "right now pick up the 10kg bar, keep your elbows and back perfectly still, parallel with your body and lift with BICEP CONTRACTION!!"

They look at you like you're wild.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

I never give advice at the gym even if I'm absolutely dying to and the guys just doing something wild.

Usually barbel curls where they're really swinging it and their elbows are going backwards and forwards and they're doing most of the lifting with their front delts and their back is bending like 30 degrees. Then they plop that 30kg bar down and go "woooooooahhhhh I can feel that"

I do feel like saying "right now pick up the 10kg bar, keep your elbows and back perfectly still, parallel with your body and lift with BICEP CONTRACTION!!"

Amen to this!

• Like 1

Yup, it's all about leaving your ego at the door if you're serious about training.

At one point during my prep I was struggling on 6kg & 7kg dumbells on bicep curls! :scare::surrender:

But the pump was awesome! In the words of Arnie "It felt like I was c*mming again and again" :lol:

• Like 2

Yup, it's all about leaving your ego at the door if you're serious about training.

At one point during my prep I was struggling on 6kg & 7kg dumbells on bicep curls! :scare::surrender:

But the pump was awesome! In the words of Arnie "It felt like I was c*mming again and again" :lol:

So you are in heaven. You're cumming at home. You're cumming in the gym. You're cumming back stage when you pump up and when you pose out on ze stage!!

• Like 3

So you are in heaven. You're cumming at home. You're cumming in the gym. You're cumming back stage when you pump up and when you pose out on ze stage!!

Must watch that film the day before show :lol:

Funniest thing I ever saw at the gym when I used to not train at home, was these 3 lads doing bench press. One guy was laying there on the bench struggling to push up 100lb barbell. His mate was standing over top of him, pulling the barbell up like he was doing rows. And 3rd guy was standing to one side screaming "come on john, you can do it....". Me & my mate just stopped our workout and watched in amazement. It was touch & go at one point as matey doing the row was struggling to lift it and the guy on the bench was struggling to get the weight up. Eventually after nearly killing the poor guy lying on the bench, they managed to get the barbell in the rack safely, before lots of back slapping & praising. Then, do our amazement, they loaded another 20lb to the bar and off they went again.....

• Like 1

Funniest thing I ever saw at the gym when I used to not train at home, was these 3 lads doing bench press. One guy was laying there on the bench struggling to push up 100lb barbell. His mate was standing over top of him, pulling the barbell up like he was doing rows. And 3rd guy was standing to one side screaming "come on john, you can do it....". Me & my mate just stopped our workout and watched in amazement. It was touch & go at one point as matey doing the row was struggling to lift it and the guy on the bench was struggling to get the weight up. Eventually after nearly killing the poor guy lying on the bench, they managed to get the barbell in the rack safely, before lots of back slapping & praising. Then, do our amazement, they loaded another 20lb to the bar and off they went again.....

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

I saw a guy doing similar today in the gym, deadlifting 130kg inc barbell, literally grunting so loud everyone was looking, no form what so ever, 2 mates cheering him on, 1 poor attempt at a rep and nearly fell arse over tit when he put it back down however they still continued to tell him that it was 'sick' that he could deadlift it.. i mean cmon i wouldnt have even counted it as 1 rep lol.

On the other hand, upped my weights again today! Normally bench press starts inc Bar:

60kg warm up 10 reps

80kg x 10

90kg x 10

100kg x 10

110kg x 8

120 normally get about 2-3 out of it but today managed to warm up from 80, then get 8 reps out of 120kg!! was so chuffed and 1 rep max on bench is now 144kg too!

• Like 2

Ya know, between guys like that and awesomely hot girls in full makeup and skin tight lycra, there's no reason NOT to go to the gym! :)

I saw a guy doing similar today in the gym, deadlifting 130kg inc barbell, literally grunting so loud everyone was looking, no form what so ever, 2 mates cheering him on, 1 poor attempt at a rep and nearly fell arse over tit when he put it back down however they still continued to tell him that it was 'sick' that he could deadlift it.. i mean cmon i wouldnt have even counted it as 1 rep lol.

On the other hand, upped my weights again today! Normally bench press starts inc Bar:

60kg warm up 10 reps

80kg x 10

90kg x 10

100kg x 10

110kg x 8

120 normally get about 2-3 out of it but today managed to warm up from 80, then get 8 reps out of 120kg!! was so chuffed and 1 rep max on bench is now 144kg too!

Good lifts mate.

I've plateaud on 58kg dbells for bench press after 10wks back at gym now. Keto sucks for strength sapping. For me anyway :(

• Like 1

60kg warm up 10 reps

80kg x 10

90kg x 10

100kg x 10

110kg x 8

Good lifts mate.

I've plateaud on 58kg dbells for bench press after 10wks back at gym now. Keto sucks for strength sapping. For me anyway :(

Load up on the avocados and peanut butter mmmm :p

60kg warm up 10 reps

80kg x 10

90kg x 10

100kg x 10

110kg x 8

Good lifts mate.

Load up on the avocados and peanut butter mmmm :p

Far too healthy lol.

I've been having things like feasters burger pattys (sell them in 8's without buns at asda) and organic eggs for breakfast. Circa 40g protein and about 2g carbs.

Rest of day, chicken breast, rump steak, pork chops. Still sticking to 2000cal a day.

My gym only goes up to 50kg dumbells lol. i dont even attempt them, i can do 44's easy and just do 3 sets of those lol

Mine goes up to 60 so got 2kg to go but then I'll have to swap to barbel press which I really don't like. I'll probably drop to 20 a side!