Bodybuilding.

TT350

So this was a before and after 24hr carb refeed. I have to say I thought I'd struggle to get through all that rice but the depletion seems to have worked as it should have done as my body was literally absorbing it all and I was genuinely getting hungry enough to eat a bowlful every 2 hours! My metabolism definitely running at full pelt!

Normally I need to go for a poop at the end of the day (as well as my morning one :lol: ), but not yesterday, didn't feel bloated at all or anything which is a good sign! Also this morning I didn't have much to get rid of either which again means minimum wastage :)

IMG_20150911_133609.jpg

If it counts....I do Bodyfit by Amy: Amy's 10 min kettle bell workout (it's on YouTube) it's a killer....hoping it's going to make me look like Amy soon ;)

Lifting 6 kg at the moment....don't laugh, doing it more to strengthen for running & netball.

Diet wise - I'm more Mo Farah, that's lean protein not Khat.

Not sure I have the free time to do mega gym sessions like you guys.....

Edited by Kraziekatz1

If it counts....I do Bodyfit by Amy: Amy's 10 min kettle bell workout (it's on YouTube) it's a killer....hoping it's going to make me look like Amy soon ;)

Lifting 6 kg at the moment....don't laugh, doing it more to strengthen for running & netball.

Diet wise - I'm more Mo Farah, that's lean protein not Khat.

Not sure I have the free time to do mega gym sessions like you guys.....

Hey, the only bad workout is the one you didn't do! So good on you for doing something at least :) Everyone has to start somewhere and whatever your goals are, you can only get closer ;)

LOL! makes me feel old, I used to train quite hard 4 nights a week back when I was in my late 30s but I was also working silly hours (own business) so I could never hold any weight, but managed a reasonable shape, but no real bulk, started back doing a mild workout in my 50s and still continue 3 to 4 times a week, although I leave it out in the hot weather IE most of the summer, can still get away with a tank top, although I am starting to get a bit of a belly now at 63, I just stick mostly to upper body, dips, sit ups with weights, press-ups, incline and flat pull ups and dumbbells for arm work do a few squats but my knees are fooked (arthritis)

I'm running Tough Mudder on the 26th of this month and after that I'm going to focus on packing on some size and weight. I've been fannying around with cutting for too long and knee injuries are making training difficult. Got a lot lined up with my Osteo and deep tissue masseuse to fix me up and then I'll be back on the wagon to beating my PB's!

Motivational posts encouraged!

I'm running Tough Mudder on the 26th of this month and after that I'm going to focus on packing on some size and weight. I've been fannying around with cutting for too long and knee injuries are making training difficult. Got a lot lined up with my Osteo and deep tissue masseuse to fix me up and then I'll be back on the wagon to beating my PB's!

I did a 26 mile Thames path challenge last year, took me over 3 months to manage a long run again afterwards, and that's without sustaining any injuries. That's why I've decided to start using weights as I think it will help increase speed and endurance, more than running alone. Good luck S7nny, know a few others done the tough mudder challenge and its.....well tough lol When all's said and done, it's 90% mindset on the day, so just think positive. Hope the physio goes well!

This thread should be renamed to Chirag's progress thread :lol:

Fair play to the guy he's worked hard, I'm sure I met him at japfest last year (when we all stuck down some narrow farm track) and I'm pretty sure he didn't look like that then. You certainly won't find me posting photos of myself in gym gear on here.....no matter how great I look lol

This thread should be renamed to Chirag's progress thread :lol:

Fair play to the guy he's worked hard, I'm sure I met him at japfest last year (when we all stuck down some narrow farm track) and I'm pretty sure he didn't look like that then. You certainly won't find me posting photos of myself in gym gear on here.....no matter how great I look lol

Bummer. That's the only reason I joined the forum!! :p

I think tough mudder will be pretty easy! A lot easier than a 26 mile run, for sure!

I did a 26 mile Thames path challenge last year, took me over 3 months to manage a long run again afterwards, and that's without sustaining any injuries. That's why I've decided to start using weights as I think it will help increase speed and endurance, more than running alone. Good luck S7nny, know a few others done the tough mudder challenge and its.....well tough lol When all's said and done, it's 90% mindset on the day, so just think positive. Hope the physio goes well!

I can't be bothered with all you ultra fit and lean endurance types lol ;)

I want to be so big I have to walk sideways through a doorway. Or just smash through it :)

Yeah Chirag stop carpet bombing us with your undies shots :p

• Like 4

I'm working on size more than endurance! I'm in your side!

Yes! Eat big lift big get big. So much more fun than cutting :)

Like I am now :(

But I need to get rid of the fat as I have plenty of muscle mass but when it's covered in an inch of fat you just look bulky. It's coming off nice and fast though. Keto does work well with fasted cardio.

Just hate the diet as I'm a carb monster.

Sorry guys, one more time :p

Last night was my debut on stage at UKBFF Men's Physique! Sad to say I didn't qualify, it was a very tough line up but I gave it my very best and was very happy with my condition :) Had an immense amount of support from family and friends and thoroughly enjoyed the day! 15 months hard work all for 20mins on stage!

I'll be attempting another qualifier this coming Sunday in Birmingham as a last shot for the British finals this year. Let's see what I can bring back in a week!

IMG_20150914_100047.jpg

• Like 1

I admire the dedication of bodybuilders but I couldn't do it. I don't see the point in bulking/dieting - it's just too much for me.

As for me, I have 15 years of rugby playing, 6 years of coaching, 9 years of strength and conditioning coaching experience and several diplomas in nutrition and kinesiology. I love this ****! :D

I focus mainly on functional strength, though I do a few amateur strongman competitions too. I don't play rugby any more as I dislocated my shoulder several times and it is too weak and hurts too much. In fact I stopped when I hit my early 30s as it was too much for my body. I still offer some coaching (for strength/performance).

But basically I don't do bicep curls, and am a bit of a stickler for form, and good body movement, mobility, and getting the most of out of your body, minimise injuries and fixing poor movement patterns. As long as I can squat and deadlift, that's all I care about :p I eat well, I don't drink alcohol really, and don't enjoy fast food or processed foods/breads/sugars. Yet I still put away around 4000 cals a day which is about right. When I used to be bigger (I miss it sometimes) I used to hit at least 5k a day - oh how I miss my rugby days!

I have done a few posts in the past - can't find them now though, but happy to help if I can.

I have a few friends that compete at all sorts of different levels (tested and untested), whilst I'm a natural trainer, and wouldn't touch any "special sauce", I appreciate why some people do and when they do and work hard they get good results. What I can't stand is people that pretend to be natural when they're not - there's nothing wrong with being on gear, just admit it!

Good to see so many people here interested in health and fitness, I wouldn't consider bodybuilding to be that health centered as you do tax your body a lot but it is still a aspirational thing to do. There is an underlying narcissistic aspect, but we all have a bit of that within reason.

Keep it up, and well done to Chirag on his first comp and good luck for the next one!

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 1

It's actually pretty easy to do as long as you meal prep. The only time I've struggled with it is when I'm out and about or having to grab lunch on the go due to work. I normally just end up with a lump of chicken to get me by!

Indeed. I bulk buy my meat, and prepare my meals - gets me my macros, and I can tweak it easily to add/remove certain aspects. I don't count calories or obsess over macros, it is all so instinctive now anyway.